EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

For anyone having trouble with grapplers get really really really good at TDD. EA UFC 2 favored the grappler and made it sooooooooo easy to score td's it was sickening.

When I played the beta they seemed to reign that in on this one and you pay a price and a half for missing TD's and getting countered, not to mention distance matters alot more.

They just need to tax the hell outta people who spam Td's about 300% or so, so hopefully they did this because the beta was ridiculous and you still had people missing 40+ td's throughout 3 rounds and not being that gassed at all.
Hey @BjPenn2017 do you have it on PS4 or XBOX One? and do you think I should buy it, I am torn, unsure to buy it or not.. or should I wait for it to come down in price and buy it at a later date

Anyone see you can "play touch butt in the park" in career mode?

I'm definitely giving this game a chance....however, no flying guillotine move. I'm a little bit pissed at that

Hey @BjPenn2017 do you have it on PS4 or XBOX One? and do you think I should buy it, I am torn, unsure to buy it or not.. or should I wait for it to come down in price and buy it at a later date

I have it on PS4, and really it depends bro. If you play these games and really are into them may as well get it now, but if you're more just casual and or have a bit of a gaming back log I'd just pick it up in a couple months. Either way it's bound to go on sale like 50% in the store in a couple months. I just like hard copies so IDC I'll buy the disc outta the store going downtown to pick it up tomorrow! U on ps4 or xbox?

I decided to get the game for my ps4 on release day so that at least I can hone my fighters’ striking before facing the pay to win fighters on Ultimate Team.

Why the hell cant you rematch people? Thats the whole point of fighting games, finding someone on your level and battling it out for a while. With the way its set up there's like no fun allowed, everyone picking the champs.

I am 6-2 so far with all fights ending in KO. It definitely feels a little different than the beta. Enjoying it though

I'm torn about the game.. should I buy it? or should I wait for it to come down in price and buy it at a later date?. Is it worth it?. I brought Ea Sports UFC 1 first day it came out and I hated the game, barely played it. Ea Sports UFC 2 was much better though and I played that a lot more, but I brought it about 8 weeks after it was released.

I didnt like 1 at all, only played 2 for about a month before I was bored with it. This one for me right now feels different, like it may be good enough to stay in my xbox for a while. I would recommend buying this one but of course it will be half price in a few months if you have the patience I dont have.

Are rocks the only thing that matter for judging?

Had a fight Lineker vs garbrandt, I outlanded him by about 40 significant strikes and somehow lost. Obviously Garbrandt has much better stats and huge power so I got rocked a couple times by counters, but never dropped. I didn't rock him but landed a lot of body shots. There was no grappling in the fight... I pressured him and beat him up but couldn't hurt him because of the block armor. I was 100% sure I had won the fight, but got the L. I guess fighter stats matter more than fight stats.

Are rocks the only thing that matter for judging?

Had a fight Lineker vs garbrandt, I outlanded him by about 40 significant strikes and somehow lost. Obviously Garbrandt has much better stats and huge power so I got rocked a couple times by counters, but never dropped. I didn't rock him but landed a lot of body shots. There was no grappling in the fight... I pressured him and beat him up but couldn't hurt him because of the block armor. I was 100% sure I had won the fight, but got the L. I guess fighter stats matter more than fight stats.

I find that usually you win if you have more strikes and significant strikes landed. Getting rocked will act as a tie breaker on the close ones. Knockdowns win, sub attempts win . Takedowns and ground strikes actually arent that valueable at all in the judges minds.

I find that usually you win if you have more strikes and significant strikes landed. Getting rocked will act as a tie breaker on the close ones. Knockdowns win, sub attempts win . Takedowns and ground strikes actually arent that valueable at all in the judges minds.

Damn, still no clue how the hell I lost. So annoying.

If a fighter doesn’t have fast striking speed or power it’s no point picking them. Grappling is completely worthless in this game also

Watched a few videos of the actual gameplay.

Glad I didnt waste 60 bucks on it.

You guys enjoy

Damn, still no clue how the hell I lost. So annoying.

I have had a few I couldnt explain. One the between rounds thing told me I was winning the fight going in to the third and I dropped him in the third and still lost. But overall it is better on decisions than in the past.

I have been playing ranked every night trading off games with a buddy and we have 44 decisions and it has been pretty consistent. The one of us watching and not playing always knows who they are giving it to. We are at 31-13 in decisions and basically just win by landing more strikes.

If a fighter doesn’t have fast striking speed or power it’s no point picking them. Grappling is completely worthless in this game also

Speed is everything. I am killing with mighty mouse at bantamweight. He has no chin but is fast enough to pick people apart

Thats what makes it better. If you choose someone like demian maia you are going to get lit up on the feet. You have to use a fighters strengths this time.

I got a few games in yesterday and played one with Jon jones, he was weak boxing just like he really does. So if you fight a boxing style with him it wont go well.

Thats what makes it better. If you choose someone like demian maia you are going to get lit up on the feet. You have to use a fighters strengths this time.

I got a few games in yesterday and played one with Jon jones, he was weak boxing just like he really does. So if you fight a boxing style with him it wont go well.

But there is no balance to that. That’s would be fine if TD and grappling wasn’t so awful. Dudes spamming hooks and whiffing combos way out of range and they are still able to deny TD

Any word on a sherdog tourney? We could get this thing going just reply to me and we can start one.

But there is no balance to that. That’s would be fine if TD and grappling wasn’t so awful. Dudes spamming hooks and whiffing combos way out of range and they are still able to deny TD
Grappling isnt that bad. You can actually use it if you are in trouble on the feet, you just have to learn it. I hated the grappling at first, but once you spend time to learn it it will benefit you.

Sometimes ill be getting beat up on the feet and ill just take them down and they dont know how to grapple and its an easy win. You also need to learn it to defend on the ground because some guys will always try to take you down. Just take time to learn the basics it will pay off.

Back