EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

So I'm thinking about picking this up used. Are the fights against the computer still the same brawls that reward you for volume more than precision and timing? Do big clean shots matter, or is it still about filling up a a gauge to get a finish? Does strategy play a role or do they all still fight the same?
The stand ups a lot better than 2, the computer is the computer but for sure I love the stand up way more. It feels more like real striking.

The 25th anniversary Wanderlei is a destroyer lol.

I fought a Wanderlei yesterday. I didn't understand how powerful he was until he threw a right overhand and a jab-jab-straight combination which depleted my block all the way, knocking me out with a follow-up right overhand. Crazy power.

I fought a Wanderlei yesterday. I didn't understand how powerful he was until he threw a right overhand and a jab-jab-straight combination which depleted my block all the way, knocking me out with a follow-up right overhand. Crazy power.
What's really crazy is that Wand has been nerfed hard.

How the fuck are they going to release a guy who went 1-1 in the UFC as a legend alongside guys like Crocop and Wanderlei? It's 1-2 if you count the loss to Roy Nelson. The one fight the dude did win was one of the most boring decision wins in history and a total farce. People can bitch about CM Punk being a joke, but this guy was in the UFC because of street fights he posted to the internet that became popular.

Even Josh looks embarrassed here.
giphy.gif

And to add salt to the wound they gave him 95 power despite 0 UFC finishes. And his other MMA KO's were questionable to say the least. You know what, fuck this game.

And to add salt to the wound they gave him 95 power despite 0 UFC finishes. And his other MMA KO's were questionable to say the least. You know what, fuck this game.

that's prime on-the-juice kimbo though...
it's cool to have the character. not everything about the game has to be super serious and realistic.

that's prime on-the-juice kimbo though...
it's cool to have the character. not everything about the game has to be super serious and realistic.
What did prime on the juice Kimbo do beside knock out Dinosaur Tank, get the shadiest TKO win I've ever seen against Colossus, and get knocked by a LHW with a jab going backwards? Just saddens me that actual legends are thought of on the same level as a street fighting YouTube personality.

I can tolerate the UFC pretending like Kimbo was legit because he went through TUF, albeit winless. But selling him to me as a legend is some bullshit. The UFC has no loyalty to the fighters who brought it where it is today, and it's not ran by people who know the sport.

What did prime on the juice Kimbo do beside knock out Dinosaur Tank, get the shadiest TKO win I've ever seen against Colossus, and get knocked by a LHW with a jab going backwards? Just saddens me that actual legends are thought of on the same level as a street fighting YouTube personality.

I can tolerate the UFC pretending like Kimbo was legit because he went through TUF, albeit winless. But selling him to me as a legend is some bullshit. The UFC has no loyalty to the fighters who brought it where it is today, and it's not ran by people who know the sport.

you're right on that. there's plenty of fighters that they can put on the roster that they don't.

I really have no problem with freak fights and fun, I'm a huge Pride fanboy.

it just shows you how lame as fuck the EA UFC games are.

i just recently finally stopped playing EA UFC 2 which i thought had great gameplay mechanics and i probably won't pick up 3 for a long time. something about the movement/animations looks dumb to me.

but the game content itself, customization and fantasy element is very limited. at least undisputed 3 had pride ring and tournament mode.

it just shows you how lame as fuck the EA UFC games are.

i just recently finally stopped playing EA UFC 2 which i thought had great gameplay mechanics and i probably won't pick up 3 for a long time. something about the movement/animations looks dumb to me.

but the game content itself, customization and fantasy element is very limited. at least undisputed 3 had pride ring and tournament mode.
I enjoyed UFC 2 until I realized how repetitive the gameplay was, and that's all it has. You can pretend to be Connor now in a career mode, so that's gonna bring in the casuals. I'm trying so hard to convince myself I need to buy this, I've owned every UFC game of the modern era and a few from the old days. I need to track down a K-1 game for the PS2.

I enjoyed UFC 2 until I realized how repetitive the gameplay was, and that's all it has. You can pretend to be Connor now in a career mode, so that's gonna bring in the casuals. I'm trying so hard to convince myself I need to buy this, I've owned every UFC game of the modern era and a few from the old days. I need to track down a K-1 game for the PS2.

Striking wise this is the best game out there besides those K1 games IMO.

I'm sure they don't hold up all that well lol but I just loved being able to mix combos to the head, body, and legs, get 1 shot KOs for well times strikes, get leg TKOs, etc.... man those games were fun.

I do really like the striking in this game though. Blows undisputed out of of the water and is a pretty big improvement over EA UFC 2 imo. The grappling got no attention though, the clinch sucks, there are stamina issues, etc but the striking took some huge steps forward IMO

Did everyone on the forum here give up on this game already? Looking for a fight. Ps4

I'm sure they don't hold up all that well lol but I just loved being able to mix combos to the head, body, and legs, get 1 shot KOs for well times strikes, get leg TKOs, etc.... man those games were fun.

I do really like the striking in this game though. Blows undisputed out of of the water and is a pretty big improvement over EA UFC 2 imo. The grappling got no attention though, the clinch sucks, there are stamina issues, etc but the striking took some huge steps forward IMO

They had it pretty close a couple of patches ago. The patch where body kicks actual;ly depleted stamina over time. It was good to stop spammers and was balanced out by how easy it is to catch the kick.
Now I throw 50 sig strikes while my opponent throws 150 a round and I gas first while slipping half

I have K1 Grand Prix for my Ps2 it's a great game just hard to play nowadays cause the loading time between fights is fucking insane takes so long lol but the gameplay is surprisingly very good even in this day.

UFC 2 had THE worst striking in any of the EA series by far, and maybe even worse than undisputed, at least they had the excuse of older technology and THQ made a hell of a game. Especially the grappling, and the way you could mix striking into grappling without it feeling stiff and clunky something EA still hasn't gotten down after all these years.

EA UFC 2 striking was literally built on unrealistic combos and throwing as many strikes as you could to build up the damage multiplier. Not to mention the cardio system was absolutely atrocious and basically encouraged spamming. They took all the bad things about EA Ufc 1 and doubled down on them in 2, it was 100% arcade striking and didn't feel like a UFC game should at all. It had a fun factor, but overall the game fucking sucked, EA Ufc 3 at least got the striking right after all these years. Hopefully they don't shit the bed on the next game and actually get the grappling right.

Also there's no excuse why you can't transition smoothly from striking to grappling after all these years. So fucking clunky and laggy feeling in the grappling overall.

I will give EA developers of UFC 3 credit though. They listen to the community, they do regular updates and fix alot of what is wrong, and give us lots of fighters we ask for. I don't blame the developers so much for the game, as I do EA and how much they suck and good carpenter with shitty tools and materials will still have a shitty outcome kind of thing.

I have K1 Grand Prix for my Ps2 it's a great game just hard to play nowadays cause the loading time between fights is fucking insane takes so long lol but the gameplay is surprisingly very good even in this day.

UFC 2 had THE worst striking in any of the EA series by far, and maybe even worse than undisputed, at least they had the excuse of older technology and THQ made a hell of a game. Especially the grappling, and the way you could mix striking into grappling without it feeling stiff and clunky something EA still hasn't gotten down after all these years.

EA UFC 2 striking was literally built on unrealistic combos and throwing as many strikes as you could to build up the damage multiplier. Not to mention the cardio system was absolutely atrocious and basically encouraged spamming. They took all the bad things about EA Ufc 1 and doubled down on them in 2, it was 100% arcade striking and didn't feel like a UFC game should at all. It had a fun factor, but overall the game fucking sucked, EA Ufc 3 at least got the striking right after all these years. Hopefully they don't shit the bed on the next game and actually get the grappling right.

Also there's no excuse why you can't transition smoothly from striking to grappling after all these years. So fucking clunky and laggy feeling in the grappling overall.

I will give EA developers of UFC 3 credit though. They listen to the community, they do regular updates and fix alot of what is wrong, and give us lots of fighters we ask for. I don't blame the developers so much for the game, as I do EA and how much they suck and good carpenter with shitty tools and materials will still have a shitty outcome kind of thing.

Totally agree about UFC 2.

The most effective strategy was throwing body jab, body straight, body jab, lead high kick LOL, you couldn't really punish anything, single strikes had absolutely NO weight, it was all about racking up the combo multiplier.

This game isn't perfect either, everyone throws the same combos, lower ranked fighters are still not really usable, etc there is a lot I would change, but talking only about striking it took a lot of steps in the right direction. If someone tried to throw stupid combos like body jab, body straight, body jab 1 uppercut will wreck them. Head movement and selective counters to the body can gas spammers hard, most things have a counter if you're good enough.

Now I throw 50 sig strikes while my opponent throws 150 a round and I gas first while slipping half

I know you are exaggerating, but if you slipped anywhere close to 75 strikes in a round your opponent would have no stamina left. Slipping strikes and working the body still make your opponent gas, though the body work definitely takes a while to pay off and can be frustrating, and you can definitely throw too many combos in a round without getting tired most of the time so I see what you're saying, but if you're successfully slipping without just mashing the head movement stick, your opponent will gas every time..

Totally agree about UFC 2.

The most effective strategy was throwing body jab, body straight, body jab, lead high kick LOL, you couldn't really punish anything, single strikes had absolutely NO weight, it was all about racking up the combo multiplier.

This game isn't perfect either, everyone throws the same combos, lower ranked fighters are still not really usable, etc there is a lot I would change, but talking only about striking it took a lot of steps in the right direction. If someone tried to throw stupid combos like body jab, body straight, body jab 1 uppercut will wreck them. Head movement and selective counters to the body can gas spammers hard, most things have a counter if you're good enough.

At least the combos are rooted in somewhat realism in 3, albeit their is a select few combos people will gravitate towards, even myself with jab upper cut hook or overhand lead hook uppercut.

Also about cardio, this was a couple months ago but I fought a Gaethje who threw damn near 350 strikes in the first round while eating body shots and came out with 90% cardio. You can even look on the OS forums and everyone goes off about how you don't get punished enough for simply missing strikes. I don't play on anything below MW usually because the cardio is just dumb.

Dana white is rated like a contender

Ricky J Sports on Youtube is running a huge ass tournament and uploading all the vids, has been fun to watch so far.

Interesting mix of unskilled bums and highly ranked guys lol, check it out.

Back