EA used to kick ass back in the day

EA never kicked ass. They're a publisher for Christ's sake.

Spent $64 for FIFA 19 to play Pro Clubs with the lads and a GK kick breaks the offside rule so I guess I just lost $64 for no fucking reason.

Check out this EA logo intro to the Clive Barker, crazy man. And the game itself deserve a remake as well.
Used to scare the shit out of me.

Now all EA is known for is FIFA, other sports games and Battlefield.

Never played or even knew about this one.

It would be tremendous with the Amnesia engine. Hope someone finishes it.

EA has always bought up a lot of good small companies and eventually ruined them. I used to love Origin and Bullfrog back in the 90s.

qxzcri8.jpg

Dude, I remember seeing the Sims 3 on Origin. To get the full game, it's like 500 bucks. Same with Sims 4. They are gotdamn crooks.

Paradox is known for that, too. EU is ridiculously expensive if you pay all of the expansions. HOI is getting up there, too. But their content supports the price*. Some games have more effort put into them and are worth more than $60. An analogy I'd use is buying a movie vs. buying a miniseries box set.

I have no idea about the Sims, though. It could just be layers of uselessness.

*mostly

Do they even make games anymore. I figured at this point they were just a publisher.

The Madden and NHL series are on a sharp decline and they're pandering to SJW nonsense in BF5 so yeah they've gotten a lot worse.
the last time i worked on an NHL game with EA there were double the number of Devs working on it. EA has cut a lot of its funding for the NHL series and it is very disappointing

That Clive Barker game was made by EA Los Angeles which was actually BOUGHT from Dreamworks...

That is all that EA did, they bought other good game makers...then destroyed them. The only OTHER thing they have been good at.

the last time i worked on an NHL game with EA there were double the number of Devs working on it. EA has cut a lot of its funding for the NHL series and it is very disappointing
That's why you play NHL 94 with updated teams and rosters.

They were one of the main reasons I got a Genesis over SNES.
Ditto, NHL and Madden played far better on the Genesis. It was so smooth in comparison. The SNES always felt janky to me. It's like playing 30 FPS on console now vs 60 FPS on PC, but worse. Yes, Genesis made me an FPS whore.

I prefered Sega's controller too. I held it like a claw so I could hit all three buttons instantly, using my thumb to grip under the controller. I played that way well into the PS2's lifecycle, before it became too impractical to use shoulder buttons, especially on the Xbox's cadillac (Duke?) controller lol.

The claw grip was great for PS1 fighting games, like Soul Blade and Tekken, which the Gensis prepped me for. No one I saw ever held it my way. I owned all in SB with Li Long. He had a big attack where you had to hit the circle, triangle and square at the same time, impossible with a thumb.
maxresdefault.jpg

SNES felt like it was more for kids too, thanks to Mortal Kombat's lack of gore and toned down finishers, not to mention it's NA design. The Genesis just looked better to me

genesis_system.jpg

1200px-SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg

Of course, the SNES had the better overall library, but seeing as I was all about sports games and Mortal Kombat at the time, and I had to choose one, it was a no brainer for me.

Check out this EA logo intro to the Clive Barker, crazy man. And the game itself deserve a remake as well.
Used to scare the shit out of me.

Now all EA is known for is FIFA, other sports games and Battlefield.

I couldnt play that game, used to scare me fucking shitless, easily the scariest game i had played at that point in my life.

Why has noone ever tried to remake that series, amazing game for its time, i would purchase a remake with updated graphics in a heartbeat

EA ruined the Command and Conquer franchise. The only good thing that came out from them was Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge after they absorbed Westwood.

Ditto, NHL and Madden played far better on the Genesis. It was so smooth in comparison. The SNES always felt janky to me. It's like playing 30 FPS on console now vs 60 FPS on PC, but worse. Yes, Genesis made me an FPS whore.

I prefered Sega's controller too. I held it like a claw so I could hit all three buttons instantly, using my thumb to grip under the controller. I played that way well into the PS2's lifecycle, before it became too impractical to use shoulder buttons, especially on the Xbox's cadillac (Duke?) controller lol.

The claw grip was great for PS1 fighting games, like Soul Blade and Tekken, which the Gensis prepped me for. No one I saw ever held it my way. I owned all in SB with Li Long. He had a big attack where you had to hit the circle, triangle and square at the same time, impossible with a thumb.
maxresdefault.jpg

SNES felt like it was more for kids too, thanks to Mortal Kombat's lack of gore and toned down finishers, not to mention it's NA design. The Genesis just looked better to me

genesis_system.jpg

1200px-SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg

Of course, the SNES had the better overall library, but seeing as I was all about sports games and Mortal Kombat at the time, and I had to choose one, it was a no brainer for me.
Were EA Sports games even on SNES in the early 90s? I know some of my other EA favorites like Road Rash and the Strike series were only on Genesis for awhile.
Funny you bring up the censoring in Mortal Kombat because that was another main reason I wanted Genesis over SNES. It was a huge deal back then.
One thing I did hate about EA back then though was how their Genesis carts were shaped differently.

Why has noone ever tried to remake that series, amazing game for its time, i would purchase a remake with updated graphics in a heartbeat
Check out Thunder Wolves on Steam.

Back