Early 90s George Foreman vs. Late 90s David Tua.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This would have been a war between two iron-chinned, hard-punching heavyweights. Who would have won?

Late 90s tua beats anyone who wants to get close and hit him.

If Tua had a higher IQ he would have been the greatest heavyweight of all time, with that said I think Foreman decisions him

This would have been a war between two iron-chinned, hard-punching heavyweights. Who would have won?
Tua was also short if I remember and the coming forward short guy thing is a terrible thing to bring at Foreman first or second career. For all Foreman's technical technique issues he was a master at getting opponents into his range, and unloading power shots. He pushed a lot to get his range and if not pushing, the telephone-pole jab was always a nice way to get his distance. Even his light soft touch jab in second career was good for range and setting up the big right (Michael M).

woulda been the only guy to kayo tua i think. foreman was a monster with a big smile on his face in the 90's, show him a little movement and you're good, give him a target and you're gonna hurt.

woulda been the only guy to kayo tua i think. foreman was a monster with a big smile on his face in the 90's, show him a little movement and you're good, give him a target and you're gonna hurt.

I don't think he KOs Tua. I think he stops him.

he may have still been the hardest puncher in that era, holyfield had some frightening stories.

I think Tua would be slightly more active and wobble Foreman a couple of times on his way to a close decision. But I could see Foreman keeping him on the end of his jab for a lot of the fight and winning a decision that way.

No way Foreman, or anyone else, stops late 90s Tua. Look at the amount of hard punches Ibeabuchi landed on him without even wobbling him or cutting him. 90s Foreman doesn't have nearly that level of output and 70s Foreman could be hurt.

I think Tua would be slightly more active and wobble Foreman a couple of times on his way to a close decision. But I could see Foreman keeping him on the end of his jab for a lot of the fight and winning a decision that way.

No way Foreman, or anyone else, stops late 90s Tua. Look at the amount of hard punches Ibeabuchi landed on him without even wobbling him or cutting him. 90s Foreman doesn't have nearly that level of output and 70s Foreman could be hurt.

Foreman was very overrated in his second run. He could be outboxed pretty easily. I don't see why Tua couldn't.

This. Foreman leverages his reach and lands bombs on Tua. Nowhere near Ike's volume, but harder shots. Short, coming forward guys were doomed against him. David lacks the footwork and slickness to land the left hook repeatedly. If anyone can stop Tua it's Foreman. A close JD is possible, depending on how well both chins take the punishment.

Foreman stops him.

Foreman was very overrated in his second run. He could be outboxed pretty easily. I don't see why Tua couldn't.

...who did Tua ever outbox? Tua is a one trick pony with a style that Foreman ate for breakfast.

I'd take Tua. This isn't prime Foreman, and I tend to agree with Seano and a few others that 90s Foreman was overrated.

Foreman stops him.

...who did Tua ever outbox? Tua is a one trick pony with a style that Foreman ate for breakfast.

Schultz, morrison, holyfied, and almost moorer all outboxed foreman. None considered crafty boxers. Just stay active and stick to a gameplan.

Tua would have killed him.

Foreman was too hittable and slow in his comeback. If he actually goes for it, I’d take Tua to stop him. If he minded his defense and fought at a slow controlled pace, I’d take Tua by decision.

LOL @ Tua outboxing Foreman.

Maskaev was outboxing Tua before he got knocked out.

Schultz, morrison, holyfied, and almost moorer all outboxed foreman. None considered crafty boxers. Just stay active and stick to a gameplan.

All of those guys would outbox Tua. Tua knocked out an old Moorer. The Moorer that fought Foreman would have outboxed Tua.

I have a hard time seeing Morrison outboxing Tua and if Morrison could pull it off, then Tua should be able to do the same.
Old Foreman vs. old Holmes would have been a fun fight, but I don't think that Foreman would have liked that fight.

Back