Early UFC 226 pay-per-view estimates are under 400,000 buys

I expected around 350k. WME continue to hollow out the fanbase.

Already 3.5M views on youtube and counting and it's only been 3 days.

The Brawk effect is real.

images

Normal

Lost their co-main
The main event had no drama attached to it and featured some dude called Steeopic vs. The guy Bones KO'd (in the eyes of the casuals)

LoL at anyone thinking casuals would be interested

Some casuals were interested. Hardcores only cant draw 400k these days.

How much would a 400,000 ppv buy card do if no one pirated and everyone bought? Any guesses? Over 2mil?

IMO those who stream or download (like myself) are not buying if they couldnt watch for free, in my particular case there are no PPV to pay for, and 226 was actually aired on FREE tv, on tape delay tho (2-3 fights usually), but i hate the local broadcasting team and i want to see the complete card so i download sunday mornings instead.

Luckily DC will get that money fight with Brock to increase buys

It may appear as though MMA has peaked, but don´t worry, it will be neck and neck with soccer any day now.

Not as bad as some people are making out tbh.

400k? Seems high for a Stipe card.

Not surprised, I didn’t think the Superfight gimmick was going to impress the casuals to buy this event, besides IMO it was poorly promoted.

Even though it has waned a bit I still think that there is plenty of interest in the UFC, it's just that illegal streams and torrents are killing them. If anything the PPV model is dying. Anybody with an IQ over 80 can figure out how to pirate the shit in HD these days.
Google will literally give you direct links.

That said, a subscription model seems like it would cut down on that a lot. Who pirates Netflix stuff? Nobody since it's easier to just subscribe.

Hey guys so every once in a while these threads pop up and I have to say something. My moms friend is a successful business man and he said that even 250k PPV buys is good for the company.

He said using a 1M PPV buy rate as a normal thing would be crazy and if that were the case than the UFC would've sold for like 10 billion. He didn't really say 10 billion he said a lot more.

I trust him a lot more than some random person on sherdog saying UFC is dying lol. But I think they need more young fans almost none of my friend even know UFC exists. Lol

-Kenny

Hello Kenny.

Care to tell us more about your mom's powerful, alpha as fuck, successful business man friends ?

Stipe isn't a draw. DC isn't a draw unless it's against Jones.

This isn't a big deal.

Jones GSP Lesnar Conor & Ronda are the people getting over 500,000 PPV buys.

How much would a 400,000 ppv buy card do if no one pirated and everyone bought? Any guesses? Over 2mil?

No way. People that pirate are not willing to pay for the product or just plain can't afford it. I download it the next day cause I am not willing to pay 60€ for a live stream at 4 in the morning. I think you can add between 10-15% of the buys at max.

Jones GSP Lesnar Conor & Ronda are the people getting over 500,000 PPV buys.
Jones isn't a draw without Cormier; he did 350k against Teixeira (2014) and 322k against OSP (2016), and that was before the UFC increased their PPV cost.

Stipe never sold well and we lost the co-main.
It did well considering.

The next one is probably gonna be lower than that.

If it’s around 400k they had a good night.

Back