Easy Armdrag variation safe for Bjj

jack36767

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
A local college coach showed this nice little armdrag from inside control to a sorta Two on one pullldown. It’s really effective, works and is safe. Enjoy

I’ve actually seen variations of this hit in the Senior worlds

Then a more standard arm drag to single

And I’ll make sure I use wide view next time lol

Nice post.
Is it too difficult to drag all the way to the back? I only ever see drags to the legs usually. The mat return threads lately inspired mento drag to the back first.

On an unrelated note, I had an underhook on a guy and tried to snap him into front headlock. He baited it by resisting just enough to make me think I could get it, but came in for a bodylock and got me before I could transfer his head from snap to front headlock.

Anyway to address this?

Thanks.

With regards to the first vid, I'm thinking/wondering whether this could be done in the gi from the traditional judo position of each player having opposite hands on collars/elbows.

If I moved my elbow hand inside to the bicep and then moved my collar hand to below the bicep, would I generate enough power to break my opponent's collar grip? I think I'd be so high up his arm that I wouldn't have the leverage.

Thanks.

With regards to the first vid, I'm thinking/wondering whether this could be done in the gi from the traditional judo position of each player having opposite hands on collars/elbows.

If I moved my elbow hand inside to the bicep and then moved my collar hand to below the bicep, would I generate enough power to break my opponent's collar grip? I think I'd be so high up his arm that I wouldn't have the leverage.
Don’t know standing gi stuff good enough to know

Nice post.
Is it too difficult to drag all the way to the back? I only ever see drags to the legs usually. The mat return threads lately inspired mento drag to the back first.

On an unrelated note, I had an underhook on a guy and tried to snap him into front headlock. He baited it by resisting just enough to make me think I could get it, but came in for a bodylock and got me before I could transfer his head from snap to front headlock.

Anyway to address this?
Sprawl legs back more

I like arm-drags, but I have always sucked at them.

Maybe I will try and drill more of them. I like arm-drags from butterfly-guard and half-guard, but my arm-drags from standing are nearly useless. I think it is because I use it on the wrong arm/opponent doesn't have enough weight on the foot.

Back