Eating Pizza before workout

If you can perform then go for it. I strongly don't recommend it. If it feels like nbd to you I'm assuming you are very used to eating poorly often. If you did clean up your diet, having a healthier pre-work out meal you would feel way better and have better stamina.

I think pizza is not a bad food to eat, if you can prepare it on your own. That way you can ensure the ingredients are fresh and know exactly what is going in.

Since making this thread, the last two times I had pizza for takeaway, I had some injury issues. Not major but enough to slow me down. They were both on my cheat days but if it wasn't the pizza it was some other junk food.

So now am back to my regular diet which is:

subway, steaks, tuna, fish, prawns, bananas, chicken breast and thighs, wholemeal bread ,lite milk, with honey as a replacement for sugar and cold pressed olive oil for cooking.

Whats wrong with pizza as a pre-workout meal.

If you break down the food its:

1. Yeast Extract + Flour for the dough ( carbs)
2. Cheese (Good source of Dairy)
3. Tomato Sauce (Good source of potassium)
4. Ham (Good source of protein, even if its processed)
5. Olives (Many different health benefits)
6. Capsicum (Many different health benefits)
7. Pineapple (Many different health benefits)
8. Onions (Many different health benefits)

Ok so we add some oil for cooking, but we do that anyway with pretty much every meal.

Fact: Has alot of:
KJ - Energy !
Carbs !
Protein !

Which is kind of perfect for a few hours before you workout, since you are gonna burn it off anyway.
Man if your bulking why tf not hihih

Too many calories limit your test production. It's better to work out in a fasted state. Eat after.

The fact you would put pineapple on a pizza says everything wrong with it.

mcdonalds burger pre workout meal

bread = carbs
meat = protein
tomato = potassium
lettuce = source of "greens"
mustard/ketchup = sodium

Im lovin it!

30165755.jpg

just kidding dude i just felt like making a stupid joke, I like pizza and eat pizza alot as a cheat meal, never before working out though.

Pizza is like 70% white flour, empty calories

Granted time is given for digestion I find that a pizza gives me energy for my workout. Calories are a way of determining how much energy your body can use from a food source. The keyword being energy, so a pizza in that sense can help you accomplish work (workout). The carbs are helping as well.

There are a lot of things to consider such as conditioning, and overall diet.

Having a pizza all the time as a pre-workout I imagine would cause a rise in blood sugar and a plunge in insulin levels which may cause you to feel tired.

Furthermore:

" Certain foods contain an amino acid called tryptophan that causes sleepiness. Carbohydrates make tryptophan more available to the brain, which is why carbohydrate-heavy meals can make you drowsy."
(https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-topics/food-and-sleep)

There appears to be a fine line. Perhaps consulting a dietician or nutritionist could help for a more definitive answer.

You guys drink a coke for with your pizza. That’s 39 grams of sugar per can. So why the hell is fruity pineapple so weird?

I dont drink coke.

I said shit all about carbs in relation to pineapple on pizza. Not sure why you mentioned soda or carbs. Its irrelevant here.

Pineapple on pizza is gross as hell and any person i know will throw it out the window. Good pizza joints dont even offer it.

I dont drink coke.

I said shit all about carbs in relation to pineapple on pizza. Not sure why you mentioned soda or carbs. Its irrelevant here.

Pineapple on pizza is gross as hell and any person i know will throw it out the window. Good pizza joints dont even offer it.
I wasn’t talking to you specifically.
Most people are against having some kind of sugary substance on pizza, but yet they drink a sugary drink with their pizza. So I feel like it’s hypocritical for you all to slut shame me because I love pineapple on my pizza.

Last edited:
I dont drink coke.

I love pineapple on pizza. Anyone who knows anything about good pizza knows this is fantastic.

Last edited:
I read somewhere that whey/dairy can cause your body to produce ammonia in your muscles. I love it afterwards but not before/during workout

Most people are against having some kind of sugary substance on pizza, but yet they drink a sugary drink with their pizza. So I feel like it’s hypocritical for you all to slut shame me because I love pineapple on my pizza.
It's fruit so it's healthy.

Its an abomination. Even my wife gets the death stare from my neopolitan family when she asks for it.

I read somewhere that whey/dairy can cause your body to produce ammonia in your muscles. I love it afterwards but not before/during workout

LOL holy fuck hammer nutrition has managed to convince people of this shit wow.

Ammonia in the blood is an indicator of exhaustion/heightened levels muscle fatigue and is the result of deamination of AMP.

LOL holy fuck hammer nutrition has managed to convince people of this shit wow.

Ammonia in the blood is an indicator of exhaustion/heightened levels muscle fatigue and is the result of deamination of AMP.
I didn't say that I'm convinced, just that I'd read that and it was over 15 years ago. Besides that, I know from personal experience that I don't feel well with a lot of dairy in my stomach when I train.

Anyway, I don't know if I can trust a man who doesn't appreciate pineapple on his pizza..

Back