Economy to grow at 5.4% rate in first quarter, Atlanta Fed

No, your thread title and the clear intent of this thread are still fueled by a hackish allegiance that would lead a guy to think you spend your days searching the internet for things to praise Trump for. Diligent in your efforts you only forget one thing.... to read the articles you post.

Next time try "garbage if false.... which it likely is".

The title was a copy pasta of the CNBC title.

Economy to grow at 5.4% rate in first quarter, Atlanta Fed tracker shows
  • The Atlanta Fed updated its rolling look at the U.S. economy, projecting that GDP would grow 5.4 percent in the first quarter.
  • If the forecast holds, it would be the strongest quarter since the economic recovery began and would more than double the typical annualized growth during the period.
Jeff Cox | @JeffCoxCNBCcom
Published 2 Hours Ago Updated 29 Mins AgoCNBC.com
The economy is on track to put up blockbuster growth numbers in the first quarter, according to the latest forecast from the Atlanta Fed.

GDP is expected to surge 5.4 percent to start 2018, the central bank branch estimated in its latest rolling look at how the economy is progressing.

If the forecast holds, it would be the best quarter since the Great Recession ended in 2009. The previous highest was third quarter of 2014, which hit 5.2 percent.

However, the Atlanta Fed's tracker has shown to have reliability issues in the past. In particular, the model's sensitivity to the ISM Manufacturing Index has led the gauge astray multiple times, causing growth to be overstated.

The ISM numbers were the principle impetus for the raise in growth projections Thursday.

Real consumer spending jumped from 3.1 percent to 4 percent amid a sharp savings drawdown, and private fixed-investment growth surged from 5.2 percent to 9.2 percent.

Since 2015, ISM boosts have caused the Atlanta Fed to overstate growth by 0.8 percentage points on average, including 1.9 percent points in the fourth quarter tracking on Nov. 1, according to CNBC calculations.

That comes as jobless claims hover around generational lows and the unemployment rate is at 4.1 percent. Productivity, however, continues to be lackluster, falling 0.1 percent in the fourth quarter against an expected rise of 1 percent.

GDP for the fourth quarter came in at 2.6 percent, a disappointment caused primarily by a decline in inventories and a surge in imports, temporary setbacks expected to reverse in the quarters ahead.

President Donald Trump rode to office on promises of growth that would hit at least 3 percent and run as high as 6 percent.

The Atlanta Fed also was optimistic about the 2017 first quarter, estimating growth at one point to be 3.4 percent, where the final reading came in at 1.2 percent.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/01/eco...-first-quarter-atlanta-fed-tracker-shows.html

Huge if true.
Is this growth, still yet to be seen as it’s just February, good for the US and global economy? The export of a few Boeing airplanes could sway the growth rate higher. A few huge snowstorms could sway it the other way. We’ll have to wait and see, what assumptions are attached to this economics model,TS?

Obama's economy?

wait, what
funny I don't recall ever getting a single Federal pay raise under him

And that makes it ok because....?

Is this growth, still yet to be seen as it’s just February, good for the US and global economy? The export of a few Boeing airplanes could sway the growth rate higher. A few huge snowstorms could sway it the other way. We’ll have to wait and see, what assumptions are attached to this economics model,TS?

Last I checked this was a politics discussion board where we post relevant news stories. The article is from CNBC, not brietbart.

Last I checked this was a politics discussion board where we post relevant news stories. The article is from CNBC, not brietbart.

So it's ok that you posted this article with a completely misleading headline because.... CNBC did too?

Did you really think that was a justification as you were typing it?

So it's ok that you posted this article with a completely misleading headline because.... CNBC did too?

Did you really think that was a justification as you were typing it?

Were you complaining about the blatant fake news headlines posted here like “Tillerson out soon”?

Or the lame race bating threads?

Were you complaining about the blatant fake news headlines posted here like “Tillerson out soon”?

Or the lame race bating threads?

Are you asking me if I was upset about those threads because you're implying this thread is intentionally misleading the same way those threads were?

I'm wondering if you'd like to directly admit you made an intentionally misleading thread before I answer your question.

So....? :)

Are you asking me if I was upset about those threads because you're implying this thread is intentionally misleading the same way those threads were?

I'm wondering if you'd like to directly admit you made an intentionally misleading thread before I answer your question.

So....? :)

It’s an economic forecast, take your complaints up with CNBC.

The blowhards in here that shit on my over 4% growth prediction are more than likely going to be wrong again

It's gonna be glorious seeing the smug ones wrong yet again.

Last edited:
The blowhards in here that shit on my over 4% growth are more than likely going to come true

It's gonna be glorious seeing the smug ones wrong yet again.

I don't understand your words.

It's your growth? - has your Trump adulation actually merged Trump into your self-identity?
The blowhards are going to come true?

Was that supposed to read "the blowhards in here that shit on my over 4-inch growth are more than likely going to cum: true"...?

Last edited:

It's your growth?

Was that supposed to read "the blowhards in here that shit on my over 4-inch growth are more than likely going to cum: true"...?
<Kobe213>

It’s an economic forecast, take your complaints up with CNBC.

No I don't have complaints for them because I don't go to CNBC. I saw this article here because you reposted it here, so I'm gonna take up my complaints with you. The person who posted it.

Any reason you didn't wanna answer the questions I asked bob? Is it because they'll expose why you chose THIS forecast without actually reading the article? You worried folks will notice you don't give a shit about the economy or an honest view of it, you just want to make Trump look good?

It's your growth?

Honestly I'm not even sure he knows.

No I don't have complaints for them because I don't go to CNBC. I saw this article here because you reposted it here, so I'm gonna take up my complaints with you. The person who posted it.

Any reason you didn't wanna answer the questions I asked bob? Is it because they'll expose why you chose THIS forecast without actually reading the article? You worried folks will notice you don't give a shit about the economy or an honest view of it, you just want to make Trump look good?

Honestly I'm not even sure he knows.

Because I barely glance at your posts. Nothing of value is missed.

Back