Eddie Alvarez announces new contract with ONE Championship

p4pgoat

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Huge mistake imo. He could have headlined a few more UFC Fight Nights or even completed his triology with Chandler in Bellator. Oh well, it is what it is. Best of luck.

What's the biggest fight for him in ONE FC, Askren at 170?

Former Bellator and UFC champ going for another org's belt. It's another way to build legacy. He should join PFL's tourney next year too

Money talks. He's near the end of his career.

Meh

I'll never forgive him for laying an egg vs Conor

Huge mistake imo. He could have headlined a few more UFC Fight Nights or even completed his triology with Chandler in Bellator. Oh well, it is what it is. Best of luck.

What's the biggest fight for him in ONE FC, Askren at 170?

What do you mean huge mistake lol.. UFC and Bellator didnt want to pay him. ONE is getting big in Asia and Alvarez is their highest profile fighter. Easier fights for Eddie and probably got a good contract. Wise move if we're being honest

(Probably) good money, spotlight fighter of the organization, and less brain damage. Seems solid.

Easy money. No need to take beatings in the UFC anymore for a basic paycheck.

He's at the twilight of his career. Easier fights, more money. Good choice even tho I'd like to see him stay.

Just a pure money move. Whatever he achieves in ONE won't be given any respect.

It's fair enough to go for the money but just a shame he hadn't two or three more left on his UFC contract. He's by no means out of his prime yet.

What a joke. I can't blame him though, I blame the ufc. At the end of the day, this is a job. He's getting more money for easier work, can't be mad at him for that. Sucks to see him go tho.

ONE is banking some coin overseas. Good for him. He just took the best deal and I don't blame him.

Big fish going to smaller ponds all it iz

Legacy & all that shit is trash. Fans won't have to suffer CTE for him & his family.

He's 34 and never winning or fighting for the UFC belt again so I assume ONE offered him more than the UFC did and more than Bellator would.
Seems like common sense to me.

The international underground king

Whatever... <Fedor23> Never forgave him for that sh!t show performance he turned in against McGregor 1 & done Champ Be Gone!!!

Back