Eddie Alvarez announces new contract with ONE Championship

145. Different weight classes in ONE.

No, Nguyen was 135 against Fernandes and Belington according to Tapology. He clearly tried to be a three divisions champ.

Edit : as leto1776 said, ONE moved their divisions in 2015. As I only vaguely follow Askren and he moved-up at the same time the welterweight limit was moved-up, I saw him still fighting at "welterweight" and didn't realize the whole change.

Last edited:
I love watching Eddie fight fuck all the hate, im sad to see him go especially since hes a top LW.

Hopefully he gets some good money though in One FC

Last edited:
Askren will most certainly stay retired now lol. He only fights wiki-less warm bodies.

He's older, at the end of his career, was a UFC champ and a champ everywhere else.

Let him make his big paydays while juicing and fighting some cans and ride off into the sunset. If anyone's earned it, Eddie has.

Better money

UFC bekts are meaningless now they give shots to those who are more popular than deserving .

Fighters are legit sick of data and his bullshit.

Fuck Reebok

sorry to hear that but i stopped caring about eddie sanchez after mcgregor massacre. never forget

No, Nguyen was 135 against Fernandes and Belington according to Tapology. He clearly tried to be a three divisions champ.
Topology doesn’t always properly list the ONE championship fights correctly, they just go by the norm. Bantamweight in ONE Championship is 145lbs.

Also, ONE championship doesn’t release actual weights of their fighters anymore.

Had very high hopes for Eddie, but the fight game is brutal. Still a fan, can't blame him for the move. If he is smart, his retirement is taken care of with this deal.

If thats you in your AV, Im betting you beat your kids after that fight. True?
wife beater... check
truck driver cap... check
sunglasses indoors... check
molestrafabulous stache... check
<{vega}>
racial profiling....?
<Fedor23>

Topology doesn’t always properly list the ONE championship fights correctly, they just go by the norm. Bantamweight in ONE Championship is 145lbs.

Also, ONE championship doesn’t release actual weights of their fighters anymore.

You are correct, they changed it, when did it happen? Looking at Askren, he did start at 170, but stayed at welterweight when they pushed it to 185.

Here, in 2014, the weightclasses were normal:

ONE FC 19 weigh in results for 'Reign of Champions' in Dubai

Good for him, money wise.
Bad for him when he fights in front of a few hundred blokes in Jakarta against some 17-10 Japanese nobody.

Good for Eddie. I definitely think there's still a good number of winnable fights for him at LW in the UFC, but this will probably be a beneficial move for him overall.

Back