Eddie Alvarez could possible be the greatest light weight ever

this morning being bored , I decided to wiki Eddie and man oh man he has maybe fought the stifffesf competition in mma ever !! Literally ever . Proably behind Jones. Belt in ever organization he’s fought in !!! Yes Conor crushed his fucking skull . But let’s be honest if u constantly fight the top 5 of the top 5 u are bound to run into a bad matchup. Cept Jon I think he is unbeatable . No other lightweight has been thru the gauntlet like him

I think currently,his close to number 1...maybe 2nd or 3rd..he needs to redeem himself as UFC lw champion and put together a few title defenses and hes number 1 LW only goat IMO .. I have Motivated BJ penn infront of him based on multiple titles and defenses.. Thats all hes missing..and hes young enough to still pull it off in fact the division is ripe for the taking for him right now..

He was already handling poirer before the N.C..

Kevin lee gets squashed agaisnt him, hes not getting thrown around by lee like barboza was..

Khabib can maybe take him down early but cant stand with him, or outlast him over 5 rounds..

Has a good chance agiasnt Tony..too strong and has a good solid grappling base

Hes already beaten everyone else..who actually fights (conor M.I.A)

And has an overall finishing rate of 79%, thats pretty crazy for having almost 30 victories..

Hes a solid choice for LW goat ..your a true MMA fan T.S

Isnt it interesting that Conor know only beat but flat out humiliated the GOAT FW and who you claim is the goat LW.

Two of the most dominant championship performance in history.

I would say more like the Dan Henderson of lightweight. Has fought the best of the best everywhere he's gone but I wouldn't quite say he's the LW goat.

this is a pretty good depiction of him I think. More than capable of being a champion in any org he's been in, but he's never had any sort of longevity as a champion + there's always been someone else somewhere else that has looked even better than he has.

Regardless of that Conor fight, I know Eddie is an awesome fighter. He's been in wars and put on good fights for a decade strong now. He's fought the best most organizations have had to offer across the globe. He deserves respect and praise for that. But, with that said, no, he is not the best LW ever.

ya he said lightweight. BJ was a light weight he just so happened to have balls of steel and actually challenged himself vs bigger men in higher weight classes.... TS should have said name a light weight with a better resume than eddie using ONLY his fights at lightweight. but he didn't therefore you get a BJ <GrassoBless>

Eddie Alvarez fought at 170 before moving to 155 you MMA noob.

He was 10-1 then moved down.

BJ couldn't beat Frankie Edgar threw a fit got blasted at 145 and 170 again.

I am a huge Penn fan, but if we are getting critical, alot of his tougher fights came outside LW and he lost them. If we are going strictly LW to LW resume, Eddies may be better but BJ is much more career accomplished overall.

Curran (win)
Chandler (loss)
Aoki (win)
Patricky Pitbull
Chandler (win)
Cerrone (loss)
Giblert (win)
Pettis (win)
RDA (won belt)
Conor (lost belt)
Poirier (NC in a war)
Gaethje (win, ended the hype train)

This has to be one of the toughest schedules a LW has ever faced in consecutive fights. Maybe not the toughest but definitely up there, only guy I can think of is maybe RDA.. and he's been in the UFC since like 2007.

BJ Fucking Penn man! he fought at heavyweight! did eddie fight at heavyweight! nah but seriously though Penn fought GSP twice, Matt Hughes 3 times!, Sherk, The man Frankie Edgar 3 times, Gomi, crazy Diego Sanchez, Kenny " would have been champ if not for bj penn, sean sherk and jose freaking Aldo " Florian, Nick Diaz!!!! and freaking Machida for crying out loud!

Always supporting BJ Penn. Fuck LW, BJ Penn embodied the fighter spirit more so than any other fighter than I can think of!! Machida @ HW?!? BJ is a FW by today's standards!!

BJ-Penn-Holding-His-UFC-Champion-Belts.jpg

2vw5qhg.gif

B8WXu5pCIAAW2UR.jpg

giphy.gif

2gy5ah2.gif

tumblr_m5qwiy4JCv1ry1rm7o1_r1_400.gif

bj-penn-o.gif

DiegoSanchez107.jpeg

giphy.gif

ufc80_penn_vs_stevenson.jpg

UFC101Penn-Florian-3.gif~c200

display_image.jpg

giphy.gif

renzo-vs-bj-penn.jpg

bj-penn-2.png

Last edited:
When he fought Cerrone, that was Eddie's UFC debut. Many great fighters have not done well in their debuts. Shogun Rua, Brock Lesner, Luke Rockhold, and Anthony Pettis, all lost their first fights in the UFC and all of them became UFC Champions!
And you what they all also have in common with eddie short title reigns and not being a goat. <DisgustingHHH>

Eddie Alvarez fought at 170 before moving to 155 you MMA noob.

He was 10-1 then moved down.

BJ couldn't beat Frankie Edgar threw a fit got blasted at 145 and 170 again.
oh so Eddie also fought machida gsp and Hughes? geez man why didn't you say so! also I didn't know Alvarez fought at heavyweight :rolleyes:

Eddie has one of the best resumes at lightweight period. its ridicilous to claim otherwise imo.

Wins over:

Joachim Hansen ( former Dream LW champ )
Kawajiri ( in his prime )
Pat Curran ( winner of Bellator lw tournament en former Bellator fw champ )
Shinya Aoki ( former Dream and One lw champ )
Patricky Pitbull ( lw top dog in Bellator
Chandler ( former 2 time Bellator lw champ )
Melendez ( former SF lw champ )
Pettis ( former ufc lw champ )
RDA ( former ufc lw champ )
Gaethje ( former wsof lw champ )

Eddie is a beast and this list proves exactly that.

Last edited:
oh so Eddie also fought machida gsp and Hughes? geez man why didn't you say so! also I didn't know Alvarez fought at heavyweight :rolleyes:

Not what was said shitlord.

He simply said Eddie only fought at LW which is wrong.

Go back to school and learn to read.

Lmao

He got finished by Michael Chandler and won a shitty decision in the rematch. Destroyed by gatekeeper Cowboy in his ufc debut. He's top 4-5 for sure but he's had some really bad losses that set him behind #1.

Chandler got destroyed by brooks. Look at brooks now. Mma math doesnt work. Chandler is actually quite good btw. He might even match up well with kebab.

Not even close. He's the biggest over achiever at LW maybe.

Eddie has fought 7 guys TS has even heard of.
Gaethje, Poirier, McGregor, RDA, Pettis, Melendez, and Cerrone.

He's fought 5 other elite opponents in Hansen, Kawajiri, Aoki, Curran, and Chandler.

That's only 12 guys total. You can go through so many other fighters that have better resumes.
I mean Hendo and Big Nog have probably fought more champions than that.
Hendo and Nog especially stand among the GOATS. I put Nog above GSP and some would dare put him above Anderson for being in a much tougher weight class. You actually helped TS case for Alvarez as LW GOAT by listing the names. The only guys on par or above Eddie are Penn and Gomi. I'm not putting Bendo or Pettis in his league, and certainly not chronically injured non top 5 fighting Khabib.

Chandler got destroyed by brooks. Look at brooks now. Mma math doesnt work. Chandler is actually quite good btw. He might even match up well with kebab.

I don't think you realize how stupid that was. What we know objectively is that Eddie was finished by Chandler, and Chandler was beaten twice (finished once) by Will Brooks, who was a total flop in the UFC.

The idea that Chandler might match up well with Khabib is totally hypothetical. Chandler was outgrappled by Brooks, which makes me question how he'd do vs. Khabib, Lee or Ferguson. But we don't know. All we can go by are fights that actually happened.

For the record, I think Chandler's biggest challenge in the UFC might be the opponent known as USADA.

Back