Eddie Alvarez goes the Askren way and oficially joins ONE Championship

Well, good for him. Hopefully he has another title run in him.

Money wise I’m sure Eddie is getting paid some mega bucks but fight wise I don’t even know who he going fight?

Fight wise ehhhh. but hes prob making a Killing salary wise.

Bring back Askren and pressure Eddie to fight him. Funny how time changes everything:

Eddie Alvarez on Ben Askren: Maybe he should have shut up

After being 'annoyed' by Askren's uninformed opinion during his contract dispute, Alvarez says if "Funky" had shut up he may not have ended in the 'Siberia of sorts' One FC.

I'd like to see Eddie vs. Aoki III. Eddie vs. Nguyen will be another good one. After that, Folayang is a good fight.

The ufc would’ve never given him another serious shot anyways so he might as well get paid. I guess it’ll be him vs nyugen for the title.

Really does suck.

There were still lots of good fights for him in the UFC, or Bellator.

I'm sure he's being paid well and even if the UFC was willing to match I'd probably fight some unknown rather than Khabib or Tony if they're paying me the same either way.

Fresh matchups will be made once Alvarez fights in ONE,

Love to see him fighting Nguyen.

I'm going to backtrack on my last post in the Chuck/Tito thread and speculate that there is a 100% chance of Alvarez/Aoki III in ONE's Tokyo debut next year.

I'd like to see Eddie vs. Aoki III. Eddie vs. Nguyen will be another good one. After that, Folayang is a good fight.
Yep, might not be huge names for him to fight but I'd watch the shit out of all of them, Banario as well

Not that interested in him vs Aoki, Alvarez probably starches him at this point. Although you know they will try to book that fight. Very excited to see him against Nguyen and Folayang though.

Money wise I’m sure Eddie is getting paid some mega bucks but fight wise I don’t even know who he going fight?
Majority of ONE lightweight division is homegrown ..if you don't watch regularly then you won't know.

Some of them are pretty good.

Amir Khan is fighting former champ Edward Folayang for the vacant belt next month.
Shinya Aoki is in line for the winner.

I'm going to backtrack on my last post in the Chuck/Tito thread and speculate that there is a 100% chance of Alvarez/Aoki III in ONE's Tokyo debut next year.
Aoki has been promised a title shot at that event...and he has fully earned it.

One would be shafting him pretty hard if he was given a debuting Alvarez instead.

i would have loved seeing Eddie back over at Bellator still there are a few fun matchups to be made. Aoki rubber match, Folayang and Nguyen are somewhat decent matchups. still bummed out tho.

#4 on the UFC LW rankings... still on there..

A great pick up for One, hopefully they can give him some great match ups

Aoki 3 and Foylang for sure, perhaps Darren Cruikshank if he can fight in Rizin or One simultaneously?

Back