Eddie Alvarez rips Khabib Nurmagomedov for being "Fake Champ

Eddie couldn’t beat Cowboy, couldn’t bear Dustin (bs no contest), couldn’t beat UNRANKED at 155, McGregor.

Said he would be ready to fight Khabib, wasn’t ready when the time came.

This little wild swinger is just annoying to listen to. Gaethe win is already devalued as Dustin put him away too. Eddie has absolutely no claim to a title fight at this moment.

If Eddie had just posted 'Please fight me next Khabib' I guess it wouldn't have got as much attention.

Eddie is no longer a real fighter, he is just around to collect checks. First the Conor fight and now this phoney ass Khabib "challenge."smh

I don't like Eddie, he's trying to stay relevant off the champ.

Khabib chin strap >>>>> Eddie chin strap.

ALVAREZ_EDDIE.png

Ironic eddie lost his belt to an at the time, unranked lw.

Khabib would beat Alvarez up. He hasn't been able to wrestle anybody except Pettis and Melendez.. maybe his wrestling was good, but Khabib would finish him.

Connie was the money fight thats why he took it over khabib. to think otherwise proves some degree of retard is present.

When Eddie got KO-ed by Conman i felt he was rapped and murdered in front of all of us. And I felt bad for him. Especially after what he was saying that that was the easiest fight of his career, the way that "fan" insulted him and so on. He should be very very quiet. The wounds are still fresh...

Hey Eddie,

Conor wanted to fight you but dropped the belt when the heavy hitters were up to bat.

Think about that.

Eddie Alvarez should shut the fuck up and never talk about any fighter ever again after that performance against Conor.. worse performance in the history of MMA after talking so much shit

He's not wrong. Khabib got the belt by beating a guy outside the top 10. That's just factual.

RDA got the belt by beating the champion. Eddie got the belt by beating the champion. Conor got the belt by beating the champion.

Khabib got the belt by beating the guy ranked #11. (#14 according to some rankings)

Making fun of Eddie for losing to Conor, or for doing this or that, is totally irrelevant. It's a straw man argument intended to deflect attention from a factual statement.

Eddie said Conor was the easiest fight in the division yet threw his game plan out the window from the opening round and was subsequently slaughtered. He's even gone on record saying that ... it's about more than just being hurt during the fight, the guy was shit scared and highlighted how much Conor was able to get under fighter's skins at that time. I'm not surprised he lost a ton of fans .. and we could handle him losing but not like that ffs
Gonna have to agree. I respect and still like Alvarez, but he was speaking on having the perfect style and strategy to defeat McGregor for months, before fate would align their paths.

"There's a simple way to win against this guy and nobody seems to be doing it. It's really frustrating to watch," he said.

"The guy hasn't been in the fight we need to see him in," he said. "Nobody's implemented an attack and when someone does, it's over. This whole show's over. The whole goddamn spectacle's over. I don't know why no one's doing it. It's very frustrating."

"To me, he's just a left hand. He's just a guy with a left hand. That's how I see him. He does something that we call a 'rock back' well. Mayweather does it. A lot of Philly fighters do it. He (McGregor) lives and breathes off it. A lot of MMA guys don't know about these boxing things that they do. This is a move that's very easily taken away and we're going to dominate every step of the way."

Alvarez has had a hell of a career and I do think he had full confidence in what he was saying, because we've seen him commit to strategies like this and grind out wins. However, it was legitimately frustrating to watch him do the exact opposite of what he proposed. I think he's better than what he showed that night, but McGregor showed up and imposed his will. Alvarez lost some points on that one, for sure, but Gaethje softened the blow, in the end.

He's not wrong. Khabib got the belt by beating a guy outside the top 10. That's just factual.

RDA got the belt by beating the champion. Eddie got the belt by beating the champion. Conor got the belt by beating the champion.

Khabib got the belt by beating the guy ranked #11. (#14 according to some rankings)

Making fun of Eddie for losing to Conor, or for doing this or that, is totally irrelevant. It's a straw man argument intended to deflect attention from a factual statement.
you seem upset that people won't stick with Eddie's facts ... I'm not interested either, Khabib is the champ, end of.

Khabib was set to fight Tony, what was he supposed to do when he got offered max then Al? Just say no to the title being on the line and let Conor trade the belt for some cigs and an extra scope of mashed potatoes in the can?

Back