Eddie Cummings vs Canuto & Geo Martinez vs Nicky Ryan set for KASAI 2 on April 14th

Heel hook guard is the most powerful guard tho.

I mean, thats kinda like saying, 'his only way to win is to punch him', when describing a boxing fight.

Is Canuto gona use mind control rays to make Eddie, not want play his situp game? Pretty much all roads lead too rome.

I've seen footage of Canuto and he looks like a tough kid, but i have a hard time seeing how one could feel very confident betting against an established guy like Cummings with a track record of zipping people up in bodybags without some kind of preexisting bias coming in.

he beat tonon.. canuto is not very well known just yet, but he proved to be e fucking lite....

I got canuto, Dont see eddie sub hh him....

he beat tonon.. canuto is not very well known just yet, but he proved to be e fucking lite....

I got canuto, Dont see eddie sub hh him....

He also beat Bill Cooper a couple years ago too (with a flying armbar).

It's a different ruleset though (from the round robin tournament Gary was in), plus Eddie's style is better for ibjjf based rules i think (his loss in the ADCC is pretty much because he pulled guard).

He (Canuto) impresses me more each time he steps on the mat, but, well, the way i see it is, Davi Ramos dumpstered Lucas Lepri with a flying armbar in a matter of seconds, but how many people went into that match expecting Lepri not too win gold? For that matter, how many people expected Shoeface to dumpster Tonon with a flying triangle in the opening seconds of their SUG match either?

It could happen, certainly, it could happen, from a 'business as usual' perspective though it looks like Eddie has a clear path to victory while Canuto's depends on going into Eddie's strong-point head-on and trying to beat him in his own game.

One thing i will bet on with everyone else though, im sure whatever happens it'll be interesting.

Last edited:
He also beat Bill Cooper a couple years ago too (with a flying armbar).

It's a different ruleset though (from the round robin tournament Gary was in), plus Eddie's style is better for ibjjf based rules i think (his loss in the ADCC is pretty much because he pulled guard).

He (Canuto) impresses me more each time he steps on the mat, but, well, the way i see it is, Davi Ramos dumpstered Lucas Lepri with a flying armbar in a matter of seconds, but how many people went into that match expecting Lepri not too win gold? For that matter, how many people expected Shoeface to dumpster Tonon with a flying triangle in the opening seconds either?

It could happen, certainly, it could happen, from a 'business as usual' perspective though it looks like Eddie has a clear path to victory while Canuto's depends on going into Eddie's strong-point head-on and trying to beat him in his own game.

One thing i will bet on with everyone else though, im sure whatever happens it'll be interesting.
That was my introduction to him. I was bummed at the time because Bill had just returned after several years off and made the EBI finals and won a F2W gi match. Then he went and did Proving Grounds and flying armlocked by Canuto seconds into the match. At first I thought maybe it was almost like a fluke. But I looked into Canuto and saw that flying armlocks were one of his specialties.

Tapping a rising star while you still can is always good.
Imagine tapping a young Rafa vs being on a Rickson Cup highlight.

Yeah, we see it brought up occasionally. Usually in the form of "Who is Erica Paes?" every few months [note, I had to look it up for this reference too cos really I don't care myself].

If Geo does win (and I believe he has every chance to) and then does nothing else in his career and lil'Nicky turns into the new Rickson he'll get "yeah.... but he beat Nicky Ryan before he became NICKY RYAN"

PS. I'll repeat a guy I knew re: Mendes Bros IG post... Had a BB visit them and was part of a Rafa highlight post. yeah we hada a laugh at his expense on FB, but we all knew it was a badge of honour lol

Back