Eddie Hearn: 'Wilder Was Terrible...'

He also said there is 70% chance AJ vs Wilder gets made next. Fingers crossed.

Terrible, but he still waited him out huh?

What a coward, in my take. I think he's a smart coward, but no heart to take the fight without trying to search for a weakness first. I hope I'm wrong, because I have nothing against AJ, but these promoters protect their guys.

What a coward, in my take. I think he's a smart coward, but no heart to take the fight without trying to search for a weakness first. I hope I'm wrong, because I have nothing against AJ, but these promoters protect their guys.
They tried to make the fight with Wilder but he wouldn't move on the money, overvaluing his worth. Then the fake $50 million offer. Wilder has just as much blame for the fight not taking place. Hopefully now that Wilder has made himself more marketable the difference between what he thinks he worth and what Hearn will offer him won't be as big and they'll make the fight. But if Wilder carries on asking for 50/50 then there is going to be no fight.

And as for Eddie saying Wilder was terrible, although I think that was over the top. It did show a lot of weaknesses as far as Wilder goes. But it doesn't matter to Eddie and Joshua because AJ doesn't fight anything like Fury does, not even if he tried could he emulate it. So he wouldn't be able to exploit Wilder's weaknesses in the same way. Wilder still presents the same threat to AJ as he has always done which is he packs some serious firepower. And Hearn alluded to that in the interview by saying that Wilder was a dangerous opponent for AJ. Still doesn't mean he's a very good boxer as this fight proved.

Last edited:
Eddie is such a snake. He saw Wilder got schooled and want AJ to steal the belt.
Thing is, AJ isn't Fury and Wilder will catch him easily.
Expect a repeat of Lewis-bruno.

They tried to make the fight with Wilder but he wouldn't move on the money, overvaluing his worth. Then the fake $50 million offer. Wilder has just as much blame for the fight not taking place. Hopefully now that Wilder has made himself more marketable the difference between what he thinks he worth and what Hearn will offer him won't be as big and they'll make the fight. But if Wilder carries on asking for 50/50 then there is going to be no fight.

If it's in America, and he is an American champ he deserves 50/50.

AJ isn't a name in America. I also, don't believe he will reach audiences in America like Tyson Fury did.

That is my take.

What a coward, in my take. I think he's a smart coward.

Lolwut? Eddie hearn is not a boxer

Eddie put AJ against the much more experienced and hard hitting Wladimir Klitschko 4 years into his pro career. That would be Deontay in 2012... Who has Deontay fought in 2012 though?

Also now he's looking at AJ vs Fury, who is a much more difficult fight than Wilder.

Eddie is such a snake. He saw Wilder got schooled and want AJ to steal the belt.
Thing is, AJ isn't Fury and Wilder will catch him easily.
Expect a repeat of Lewis-bruno.

I think he was checking the waters before letting his guy go for a swim.

Lolwut? Eddie hearn is not a boxer

Eddie put AJ against the much more experienced and hard hitting Wladimir Klitschko 4 years into his pro career. That would be Deontay in 2012... Who has Deontay fought in 2012 though?

Also now he's looking at AJ vs Fury, who is a much more difficult fight than Wilder.

Who said he was a boxer? Promoters often make the calls for who their fighters go up against.

Klitschko was like 40 something when he fought AJ.

Fury is not a more difficult fight for AJ. Fury has no power to threaten him with. Wilder does better against AJ than he does against Fury. Fury's style is not good for him. AJ's lack of head movement will play into the right hand. Fury made Wilder miss the right with head movement.

He’s correct. Wilder struggled against a big fat stretch mark ridden pig in Fury.

Disgusting.

Who said he was a boxer? Promoters often make the calls for who their fighters go up against.

Klitschko was like 40 something when he fought AJ.

Fury is not a more difficult fight for AJ. Fury has no power to threaten him with. Wilder does better against AJ than he does against Fury. Fury's style is not good for him. AJ's lack of head movement will play into the right hand. Fury made Wilder miss the right with head movement.

Sounds like you're suffering from the Deontard Butthurt Disease. It's been going around for the past few days.
It's called boxing, not punching. There's really nobody at heavyweight that can challenge AJ aside from Fury.

Also Klitschko at 41 is still vastly better than Deontay at ANY age, LOL. That Klitschko that showed up against AJ would have wrecked Wilder.

If it's in America, and he is an American champ he deserves 50/50.

AJ isn't a name in America. I also, don't believe he will reach audiences in America like Tyson Fury did.

That is my take.
AJ is the A-side by quite some margin. They won't fight in America after the corruption evident in the result of the Wilder Fury fight. They will fight in the UK. And Deontay while more well known in the UK now will still be the B-side by quite some margin.

Sounds like you're suffering from the Deontard Butthurt Disease. It's been going around for the past few days.
It's called boxing, not punching. There's really nobody at heavyweight that can challenge AJ aside from Fury.

Also Klitschko at 41 is still vastly better than Deontay at ANY age, LOL. That Klitschko that showed up against AJ would have wrecked Wilder.

The day I have a conversation with a grown up on this site will be a day to be celebrated.

Fury commented on Wilder's power himself, and made the assessment AJ doesn't want a part of him. Wilder's power, and AJ's lack of head movement will present a more dangerous fight for Joshua than Fury I believe.

Fury does not have the power to keep Joshua off of him. He made Wilder miss, and overshoot the right with head movement. AJ doesn't loop shots like Wilder, so I believe he would do far better. Fury's style is a bad one for Wilder. AJ's style I don't think is as problematic.

AJ is the A-side by quite some margin. They won't fight in America after the corruption evident in the result of the Wilder Fury fight. They will fight in the UK. And Deontay while more well known in the UK now will still be the B-side by quite some margin.

Yes, of course, in the UK it makes perfect sense. Have they found anyone to have been paid off?

I respect people's views, but to claim corruption I think is a stretch. We should give the judges respect. They see what they see. If they were on Sherdog, and wished to explain I'm sure they'd be able to state their case. lol

The day I have a conversation with a grown up on this site will be a day to be celebrated.

Fury commented on Wilder's power himself, and made the assessment AJ doesn't want a part of him. Wilder's power, and AJ's lack of head movement will present a more dangerous fight for Joshua than Fury I believe.

Fury does not have the power to keep Joshua off of him. He made Wilder miss, and overshoot the right with head movement. AJ doesn't loop shots like Wilder, so I believe he would do far better. Fury's style is a bad one for Wilder. AJ's style I don't think is as problematic.

giphy.gif

Hearn is just playing his role as a promoter. He's not supposed to talk about how awesome the other promoter's fighter is.

If you don't take my word for it, go ask Fury who he thinks between the two. He felt Wilder's power, and I think that is a factor to be considered. If it wasn't he would not have made it this far, seeing as he isn't credited with anything else, yeah?

In any case, I respect your opinion. Thanks for the discussion, all positive energy.

Yes, of course, in the UK it makes perfect sense. Have they found anyone to have been paid off?

I respect people's views, but to claim corruption I think is a stretch. We should give the judges respect. They see what they see. If they were on Sherdog, and wished to explain I'm sure they'd be able to state their case. lol
I don't want to get dragged into a scorecard discussion but that Judge gave the first 4 rounds to Wilder which clearly ridiculous. And most people are calling for his head for giving that scorecard. He had Wilder winning 7 rounds. No way did Wilder win 7 rounds. Hopefully, he'll have to justify his scorecard to the commision if they decide to investigate.

Hearn is just playing his role as a promoter. He's not supposed to talk about how awesome the other promoter's fighter is.
I don't think that was strictly true. Hearn seems to be fairly honest with his opinions in this interview, he admitted that Fury was brilliant and said he'd proved him wrong. Fury is a potential opponent for AJ so you'd think he'd have some negative remarks for Fury as well but he didn't.

Back