Eddie Hearn: 'Wilder Was Terrible...'

I don't think that was strictly true. Hearn seems to be fairly honest with his opinions in this interview, he admitted that Fury was brilliant and said he'd proved him wrong. Fury is a potential opponent for AJ so you'd think he'd have some negative remarks for Fury as well but he didn't.
Fury is a bigger money fight for Joshua than Wilder.

Fury is a bigger money fight for Joshua than Wilder.
It could well be but I don't think that affected Hearns appraisal. Hearn generally gives credit where it is due.

Sounds like you're suffering from the Deontard Butthurt Disease. It's been going around for the past few days.
It's called boxing, not punching. There's really nobody at heavyweight that can challenge AJ aside from Fury.

Also Klitschko at 41 is still vastly better than Deontay at ANY age, LOL. That Klitschko that showed up against AJ would have wrecked Wilder.
are u under the impression that joshua is some sort of masterful boxer with great speed and not a plodding power puncher who drops his hands every time he punches?

are u under the impression that joshua is some sort of masterful boxer with great speed and not a plodding power puncher who drops his hands every time he punches?

He's not either of the two. Jarrell miller is a plodding puncher.
But there still isnt anyone who can possibly defeat AJ, aside from Fury.

ur one hell of a casual. no one can POSSIBLY beat a guy who’s been dropped by two different fighters inferior to the top guys in the division right now. and the only one of the two that can is the one who overcame what was almost surely a knockout at the hands of a guy who “has no chance.”

look, joshua can slide out of the way out of punches and can get his hands up to block shots when he’s not punching. apart from that and his athleticism, he has massive technical flaws that may never be capitalized on but absolutely CAN be. i wouldn’t be surprised if joshua beat fury or wilder but i’d pick both to stop him.

ur one hell of a casual. no one can POSSIBLY beat a guy who’s been dropped by two different fighters inferior to the top guys in the division right now. and the only one of the two that can is the one who overcame what was almost surely a knockout at the hands of a guy who “has no chance.”

look, joshua can slide out of the way out of punches and can get his hands up to block shots when he’s not punching. apart from that and his athleticism, he has massive technical flaws that may never be capitalized on but absolutely CAN be. i wouldn’t be surprised if joshua beat fury or wilder but i’d pick both to stop him.
You'd pick Fury to stop Joshua? You think he has the power when Wladimir Klitschko, one of the hardest hitting HW's of all time couldn't?

You'd pick Fury to stop Joshua? You think he has the power when Wladimir Klitschko, one of the hardest hitting HW's of all time couldn't?
klitschko didn’t have the gas tank that fury does either. i’m not thinking 1st round ko. i think a late stoppage after making joshua miss for 10 rounds straight isn’t out of the question.

joshua planting fury in 2 isn’t out of the question either.

edit: frankly i think fury could have stopped wilder after the 10th if he turned up the volume. wilder didn’t seem to have enough gas to exchange. whether fury was exhausted himself (which didn’t look to be the case) or he was too wary of deontay’s power, he seemed too content too continue fighting the way he needed to in the first 6 rounds.

Last edited:
klitschko didn’t have the gas tank that fury does either. i’m not thinking 1st round ko. i think a late stoppage after making joshua miss for 10 rounds straight isn’t out of the question.

joshua planting fury in 2 isn’t out of the question either.

edit: frankly i think fury could have stopped wilder after the 10th if he turned up the volume. wilder didn’t seem to have enough gas to exchange. whether fury was exhausted himself (which didn’t look to be the case) or he was too wary of deontay’s power, he seemed too content too continue fighting the way he needed to in the first 6 rounds.

Joshua would have to be exhausted for Fury to have a chance of the stoppage. I just don't see Fury having enough power as much because he doesn't fight that way, i.e. he doesn't sit down on his shots for maximum power. I think Fury didn't go for a stoppage with Wilder because he doesn't have enough confidence in his power to do it. Fury has never been a KO machine. I think he hits decently hard but he's no KO artist and never has been.

Joshua would have to be exhausted for Fury to have a chance of the stoppage. I just don't see Fury having enough power as much because he doesn't fight that way, i.e. he doesn't sit down on his shots for maximum power. I think Fury didn't go for a stoppage with Wilder because he doesn't have enough confidence in his power to do it. Fury has never been a KO machine. I think he hits decently hard but he's no KO artist and never has been.
i agree with all of that. fair enough. fury by decision OR late stoppage would be my pick.

i do think fury has underrated power though. he just doesn’t throw with enough conviction sometimes.

i agree with all of that. fair enough. fury by decision OR late stoppage would be my pick.

i do think fury has underrated power though. he just doesn’t throw with enough conviction sometimes.
He certainly stunned Deontay to the point where he made him hesitant to chase after him. But he fights off the back foot a lot relying on mobility to keep him safe, so that means he can't generate full power by sitting down on his shots and as you say really throwing with conviction.

He certainly stunned Deontay to the point where he made him hesitant to chase after him. But he fights off the back foot a lot relying on mobility to keep him safe, so that means he can't generate full power by sitting down on his shots and as you say really throwing with conviction.
funny thing you say that because that’s exactly how dillian whyte hurt anthony joshua really bad. check left hook backing up to the ropes. hurt him really badly with a left hook to the body at the end of that round too. whyte’s such a savage though. has a violent fighting spirit that i don’t think fury possesses.

funny thing you say that because that’s exactly how dillian whyte hurt anthony joshua really bad. check left hook backing up to the ropes. hurt him really badly with a left hook to the body at the end of that round too. whyte’s such a savage though. has a violent fighting spirit that i don’t think fury possesses.
Well a check hook is a great shot that is unusual in that you can hurt someone while moving backwards and to the side. A perfect blend of offense and defense in one move. As you say Dillian did a great one on AJ and Mayweather dropped Hatton like a cheap handbag with a textbook example of one. And you're right Fury doesn't have that taking your head off savagery that someone like Whyte possesses.

Well a check hook is a great shot that is unusual in that you can hurt someone while moving backwards and to the side. A perfect blend of offense and defense in one move. As you say Dillian did a great one on AJ and Mayweather dropped Hatton like a cheap handbag with a textbook example of one. And you're right Fury doesn't have that taking your head off savagery that someone like Whyte possesses.
either way, joshua really leaves a lot of openings. i mean his face is literally wide open, A LOT. his hands drop when he exchanges and he doesn’t seem to be strong defensively unless he’s standing still anticipating a punch. obviously every fighter is better defensively in those situations but there’s a glaring difference in joshua. povetikin landed a hard right hook over his jab like 13 times. from the same range, wilder will put him to sleep and fury could as well if he loads up and times it right.

ur one hell of a casual. no one can POSSIBLY beat a guy who’s been dropped by two different fighters inferior to the top guys in the division right now.
Who are the two guys that dropped him? Klitschko did. Whyte hurt him but Joshua didn't get dropped. Both Wilder and Fury have been dropped by inferior fighters in the past.

No way does Fury stop Joshua.

Who are the two guys that dropped him? Klitschko did. Whyte hurt him but Joshua didn't get dropped. Both Wilder and Fury have been dropped by inferior fighters in the past.

No way does Fury stop Joshua.
i mistakenly thought whyte dropped him.

Terrible, but he still waited him out huh?

What a coward, in my take. I think he's a smart coward, but no heart to take the fight without trying to search for a weakness first. I hope I'm wrong, because I have nothing against AJ, but these promoters protect their guys.
How could you possibly call a pro fighter a coward? That is preposterous. Shades of typical faceless online negativite bullshit

How could you possibly call a pro fighter a coward? That is preposterous. Shades of typical faceless online negativite bullshit

How can I call a pro fighter a coward? Allow me to explain:

There is a whole line of HW greats questioning him, to include the two that fought a week ago. This is not the validation or confirmation I need, but there is evidence, and credibility there.

Respect to pro fighters, but if I think you're giving too much credibility based on the actions. If you're not trying to fight the guys who are calling you out, legit guys, then what are you in the fight game for, why are you HW champion?

I may be faceless to you but I am anything but a coward. I've faced all my fears, to include combat (not sport). However, anything I would be unable to do, I would not drag it on. I would bow out. If it's not in your heart, admit to it, and don't play around in the game.

The only people giving him ground to stand on are his team, and guys on Sherdog. All of his peers, including past greats are looking at him suspect.

We shall see how it progressed.

How can I call a pro fighter a coward? Allow me to explain:

There is a whole line of HW greats questioning him, to include the two that fought a week ago. This is not the validation or confirmation I need, but there is evidence, and credibility there.

Respect to pro fighters, but if I think you're giving too much credibility based on the actions. If you're not trying to fight the guys who are calling you out, legit guys, then what are you in the fight game for, why are you HW champion?

I may be faceless to you but I am anything but a coward. I've faced all my fears, to include combat (not sport). However, anything I would be unable to do, I would not drag it on. I would bow out. If it's not in your heart, admit to it, and don't play around in the game.

The only people giving him ground to stand on are his team, and guys on Sherdog. All of his peers, including past greats are looking at him suspect.

We shall see how it progressed.
How are you doing this. You are a totally reasonable guy and yiure being totally unreasonable.

Calling him a coward isn't on and it's out of frustration. You cannot call Joshua a coward ( the man who fought for a world title in Charles martin in his 16th pro fight and over payer him heavily, Martin got 6 million for that. Then fought wlad in his 20th pro fight, them another title holder in his 22nd) without questioning deontays own career choices.

I say this because you are a decent poster. But you aren't being ideologically consistent here.

So they over paid martin to consolidate their position. They then fought wlad to cement it. Then they fought another belt holder am unknown quantity to consolidate it further. They have built their position by taking risks. So to assume they are coward for doing this whilst not attributing the same to Deontay seriously shows your biase which you may or may not be aware of.

The whole line of fighters questioning are questioning him becasue he's the biggest fight in boxing and it fits their need becasue AJ has built his position. From eddies point and he is the best promoter they are trying to piggy back off of his asset. And I don't blame him..

I would never ever call Deontay scared or any other boxer that steps in the ring. Talk of cowardice or being scared is silly talk mate.

Last edited:
Back