Eddie Hearn: 'Wilder Was Terrible...'

All of his peers, including past greats are looking at him suspect.

Not true... Floyd, Holyfield, Briggs, Bowe all like AJ, just to name a few. His peers in the UK but also elsewhere like AJ.

It's an interesting race between AJ and Fury... Who will be remembered? It's like Ali and Foreman... The fight between them defined how we look back at that era.

Fury the first to defeat beat Wladimir in a loooong time... and he did it in his backyard... AJ did too, but the fight was better and more dramatic, and AJ actually won by KO.

Fury the first to defeat Mr. Mediocre Deontay Wilder in a loooong time... did it in the enemies backyard once again... I still think that AJ wrecks Wilder inside of 6-8 rounds.

How will they do against each other?

Last edited:
AJ has global appeal not just UK but obv not much in the USA

Whats interesting between them... AJ seems to be the fan favorite among the broad mass, while Fury is the "heel".

Among actual boxing fans its the opposite. AJ is somewhat disliked, Fury is beloved.

Terrible, but he still waited him out huh?

What a coward, in my take. I think he's a smart coward, but no heart to take the fight without trying to search for a weakness first. I hope I'm wrong, because I have nothing against AJ, but these promoters protect their guys.

Lol he didn’t wait him out. Wilder took the fight then demanded 50/50,went quiet and chased fury instead. We all knew in April that if the fight wasn’t made Joshua had to fight povetkin. Wilder chose not to take the fight cus he couldn’t get it on his terms. And it’ll be the same now

Whats interesting between them... AJ seems to be the fan favorite among the broad mass, while Fury is the "heel".

Among actual boxing fans its the opposite. AJ is somewhat disliked, Fury is beloved.

Yet fury was ridiculed and hated by everyone up till the wlad fight. And nothing really changed until his comeback. He was still under appreciated and disliked straight after the wlad fight

Funny how opinions can change so quickly

Lolwut? Eddie hearn is not a boxer

Eddie put AJ against the much more experienced and hard hitting Wladimir Klitschko 4 years into his pro career. That would be Deontay in 2012... Who has Deontay fought in 2012 though?

Also now he's looking at AJ vs Fury, who is a much more difficult fight than Wilder.

Come on dude, hearns clearly scared??

He must’ve thought wlad was past it with that match up? There was also no need for him to be fighting whyte after 15 fights, yet how often do we hear this fckin nonsense that Hearn is scared to match Joshua with anyone risky and is protected. It’s retarded

either way, joshua really leaves a lot of openings. i mean his face is literally wide open, A LOT. his hands drop when he exchanges and he doesn’t seem to be strong defensively unless he’s standing still anticipating a punch. obviously every fighter is better defensively in those situations but there’s a glaring difference in joshua. povetikin landed a hard right hook over his jab like 13 times. from the same range, wilder will put him to sleep and fury could as well if he loads up and times it right.
Joshua does leave himself open but so does Deontay, he's not exactly hard to land on. Joshua will have to really turn it up as far as defence goes but he's the better boxer of the two and I think he'll try and close down Wilder where Wilder is not so dangerous and Joshua has the better inside game.

AJ not a pure boxer hes a boxer puncher so Wilder will have an easier time catching him since AJ wont be “running” but Wilders big power shots are long range shots so maybe he wont be able hit AJ as hard who knows

Found a great pic of wilder

74501.png

How are you doing this. You are a totally reasonable guy and yiure being totally unreasonable.

Calling him a coward isn't on and it's out of frustration. You cannot call Joshua a coward ( the man who fought for a world title in Charles martin in his 16th pro fight and over payer him heavily, Martin got 6 million for that. Then fought wlad in his 20th pro fight, them another title holder in his 22nd) without questioning deontays own career choices.

I say this because you are a decent poster. But you aren't being ideologically consistent here.

So they over paid martin to consolidate their position. They then fought wlad to cement it. Then they fought another belt holder am unknown quantity to consolidate it further. They have built their position by taking risks. So to assume they are coward for doing this whilst not attributing the same to Deontay seriously shows your biase which you may or may not be aware of.

The whole line of fighters questioning are questioning him becasue he's the biggest fight in boxing and it fits their need becasue AJ has built his position. From eddies point and he is the best promoter they are trying to piggy back off of his asset. And I don't blame him..

I would never ever call Deontay scared or any other boxer that steps in the ring. Talk of cowardice or being scared is silly talk mate.

Is Joshua still considering a rematch with Dillian Whyte over Fury, or Wilder?

Not true... Floyd, Holyfield, Briggs, Bowe all like AJ, just to name a few. His peers in the UK but also elsewhere like AJ.

It's an interesting race between AJ and Fury... Who will be remembered? It's like Ali and Foreman... The fight between them defined how we look back at that era.

Fury the first to defeat beat Wladimir in a loooong time... and he did it in his backyard... AJ did too, but the fight was better and more dramatic, and AJ actually won by KO.

Fury the first to defeat Mr. Mediocre Deontay Wilder in a loooong time... did it in the enemies backyard once again... I still think that AJ wrecks Wilder inside of 6-8 rounds.

How will they do against each other?

Fury did a lot of head movement, and gestures. He made Wilder miss punches, I'll give him credit for that. This masterclass everyone speaks of I don't see. He got dropped twice. Let's be realistic when we use the word defeat, and "mediocre".

Watch the panel of the HWs they did prior to the Wilder Fury fight. Please listen to what they're saying.

"Would any of you as champions, would not have fought any other man at any time?"

Lol he didn’t wait him out. Wilder took the fight then demanded 50/50,went quiet and chased fury instead. We all knew in April that if the fight wasn’t made Joshua had to fight povetkin. Wilder chose not to take the fight cus he couldn’t get it on his terms. And it’ll be the same now

Right, right, terms and conditions. I wonder if Ali's pride would have ever kicked in? There was a whole panel of HWs who recently chimed in on the situation. Didn't Fury say AJ was ducking?

AJ gets a lot of credit on this forum. That is your opinion to have. Respect to it, but I don't see it that way.

Good on Fury, and Wilder for making a fight happen.

Eddie Hearne has already flown to America. So is assume it was to try to sign either.

Perhaps "coward" was a strong word choice. I am a Wilder fan, I am a Fury fan. I am not an AJ fan as I have not been following him as closely.

Fury is my close friend's favorite boxer, so that is why I came across him originally. I have always liked Wilder, as the American HW who won a belt for the country after a 10 year drought.

AJ's team probably has their reasons. However, I do hope it is not monetary. Wilder is not a huge draw, but he is a champion. He hasn't been defeated. He can not give the money, but he has the ranking.

If AJ rematches Whyte I will be disappointed. I think they are both signed by Hearns, so that means easy in house negotiations. However, the world is waiting on his decision concerning Wilder and Fury. It may be a strategic move. We will see.

Eddir Hearn is a world treasure . He is 100% accurate and was 100% correct during his interview after the Brook fight today .

Right, right, terms and conditions. I wonder if Ali's pride would have ever kicked in? There was a whole panel of HWs who recently chimed in on the situation. Didn't Fury say AJ was ducking?

AJ gets a lot of credit on this forum. That is your opinion to have. Respect to it, but I don't see it that way.

Good on Fury, and Wilder for making a fight happen.

lol are you seriously taking fury on his word. There’s your mistake right there! Maybe it’s a cultural thing! Hes not serious bout hardly anything. He’s been trolling Joshua since he took ‘his’ belts! He wants Joshua, wilder is a stepping stone to him as no one could justify a fight with the unified HW champ after 1 exhibition fight. Wilder ducked Joshua to take on a fat, possibly shot version of fury. And you give him a pass. Laughable double standard

Come on dude could you really credit Joshua for taking on fury after the seferi fight? He would’ve been fckin hammered considering he has 3 of the 4, mandatories and all of the top guys want to fight him. Wilder got a pass because people expect him to defend against shit unworthy opponents. He’s been doing it sll the way to the Ortiz fight and The wbc allows him to do it

And who are these pros and why does their opinion hold so much weight with you? Most of the ex fighters I’ve seen interviewed rate Joshua as no1 until fury or wilder beats him? Seems like double standards again that you hold ex pros word to such a high standard, but don’t share the same outrage that many of them showed for the fury vs wilder fight.

Last edited:
Strange take. Wilder knocked Fury down twice despite Fury being the slickest HW out there.

Wilder always looks clumsy. He still gets the job done and his combination of power, quickness, length and toughness is something Hearn has been doing his best to steer AJ well clear of.

Who said he was a boxer? Promoters often make the calls for who their fighters go up against.

Klitschko was like 40 something when he fought AJ.

Fury is not a more difficult fight for AJ. Fury has no power to threaten him with. Wilder does better against AJ than he does against Fury. Fury's style is not good for him. AJ's lack of head movement will play into the right hand. Fury made Wilder miss the right with head movement.
You're an idiot.
The day I have a conversation with a grown up on this site will be a day to be celebrated.

Fury commented on Wilder's power himself, and made the assessment AJ doesn't want a part of him. Wilder's power, and AJ's lack of head movement will present a more dangerous fight for Joshua than Fury I believe.

Fury does not have the power to keep Joshua off of him. He made Wilder miss, and overshoot the right with head movement. AJ doesn't loop shots like Wilder, so I believe he would do far better. Fury's style is a bad one for Wilder. AJ's style I don't think is as problematic.
A real big idiot.

Really gonna use furys assessment to judge wilder/AJ ?
Do you not know the warren/Hearn fury/AJ relationship ?
Yes, of course, in the UK it makes perfect sense. Have they found anyone to have been paid off?

I respect people's views, but to claim corruption I think is a stretch. We should give the judges respect. They see what they see. If they were on Sherdog, and wished to explain I'm sure they'd be able to state their case. lol
115-111
You're getting stupider by the post...
If you don't take my word for it, go ask Fury who he thinks between the two. He felt Wilder's power, and I think that is a factor to be considered. If it wasn't he would not have made it this far, seeing as he isn't credited with anything else, yeah?

In any case, I respect your opinion. Thanks for the discussion, all positive energy.
Beautiful, back to furys assessment...
I give up
Smh

Back