Edgar or Mendes

You have got to be trolling right? Peak Mendes vs short notice Edgar and Frankie still kills him.
If you put the head to head fight aside then you next look at common opponents.

Jose Aldo
Frankie has 9 fights at FW with his only losses being competitive decisions to Jose Aldo. Chads last 10 fights he also has 2 losses to Aldo, once being KO'd in the first round and the second a unanimous decision.

Cub Swanson
The only other common opponent is Cub Swanson although for Chad that was outside of the similar range of fights. Chad beat Cub by UD while Frankie submitted him with a neck crank.

3 Best Wins
Frankie
Jeremy Stephens
Chad Mendes
Cub Swanson

Chad
Clay Guida
Darren Elkins
Ricardo Lamas

Frankie won head to head. Frankie wins in comparing performance vs Aldo with 2 UD losses vs a KO loss and a UD loss. Frankie subbed Cub and Mendes beat him by UD. Mendes is on Frankies top 3 best wins so Frankie wins that too. Jose Aldo i s a level above Frankie, Frankie is a level above Mendes and Mendes is a level above every other UFC FW excluding Max Holloway. The most exciting thing is that neither Frankie of Chad have fought Max as of yet and those would be exciting fights.

I do rate Edgar higher as a fighter but the second Aldo fight might have been the best performance in the career of Mendes and certainly a better effort than Edgar had vs Aldo in his fights.

I believe this is one of those fights where the rematch would look different. Mendes is the stronger wrestler with a heavier top game and the harder puncher, both throwing combinations and having head movement. Chad uses it to get in, Frankie to get in and out.

Maynard's a comparison. Frankie struggled with him 3 times, especially early, while Mendes has shown he can go the full 5 at a high pace, and aside from being smaller he does everything better than Maynard.

Even though they fought, I still think Mendes is better.

however, if you're getting stopped by pitter patter edgar in the first round its time to take a break. His chin has taken a lot of punishment between aldo 2x, mcfraud, and edgar.

Also he was part of my favorite fight of all time.

Simple question, aside from the fact that Frankie KOD him, who's the better featherweight ? Mendes record at FW is great but Frankie has certainly beaten much better competition in his short run ( Mendes got his 2nd title shot off beating Cody Mckenzie Clay Guida and Nik Lentz) .

Frankie, and it's not even close.
Chad's best fight was Aldo 2.

Frankie has the slightly better resume but I agree with the other comments that a prime Mendes was the more dangerous fighter.

Back