Edgar will do better on the feet than Aldo did.

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Do you think Edgar will do better on the feet against Max than Aldo did? I do. I think that even if he can't secure a takedown, max will respect the threat and be thrown off by Frankie's takedown feints.

Bonus pic--the size difference is real. I wish Frankie went to 135lbs after UFC 200, but Frankie gonna Frankie.

Maybe, if he can mix up the TD threat and get Max reacting to it.

But I definitely think his wrestling is his best bet in this fight.

Aldo's cardio failed him. I think Frankie can keep the pace. That alone should make him do better than Aldo on the feet in the overall fight.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
He won’t hurt him the way Aldo did in round 1 fight 1

Can’t wait for this fight.

Aldo wasnt bad on the feet until he wasnt good :/ He was hurting Max with leg kicks in the last fight too. That said I think Frankie has a great skillset and could get the win.

He's not tall or long enough to present any threats to Max standing or on the ground imo. His cardio will just serve to prolong the beating. I hope I'm wrong and that he wins though, big answer fan.

Yep they match up different against Max because of cardio pace and style.

Say no to MMA math kids.

frankie needs to just spam takedowns and beat him up liike he did to yair rodriquez and grub swanson

Maybe, but he will eventually get fucked up on the feet; maybe to a lesser degree than Aldo, but Max will get the W if Frankie cannot take him down and keep him there for at least 3 out of 5 rounds.

He's not tall or long enough to present any threats to Max standing or on the ground imo. His cardio will just serve to prolong the beating. I hope I'm wrong and that he wins though, big answer fan.

Saying Frankie isn't tall enough to do well on the ground against Max is a moronic statement.

Possibly. Edgar has cardio and won’t slow down. More I think of this fight, I see it as kind of a bad matchup for Max. Still picking Max though.

Frankie can't hang on the feet with Max, he needs to get this to ground. Aldo has much better stand up than Frankie. i give frankie about a 10% chance here. Other 90% he loses a 50 - 45 maybe 49 - 46 decision.

Aldo got too agressive at times and gassed himself out.

Holloway is the worst match up for Aldo.

Do you think Edgar will do better on the feet against Max than Aldo did? I do. I think that even if he can't secure a takedown, max will respect the threat and be thrown off by Frankie's takedown feints.

Bonus pic--the size difference is real. I wish Frankie went to 135lbs after UFC 200, but Frankie gonna Frankie.

Pulling for Edgar all the way!! people can say what they want, but Edgar is a tough MF and he ain't going down without a fight. this should be a freaking barn burner!
<{JustBleed}>

I never understood why Aldo stopped trying to take down strikers like he used to. Too many injuries and miles on the clock I guess.

Offensive TD%:
74% GSP
72% JOSE ALDO
56% Demetrious "Mighty" Johnson
55% Chad Mendes
54% Brock Lesnar
51% Chris Weidman's Father's Boy
50% Jon "Bones" Jones
50% Dominator Cruz
47% Hendricks
43% Cain
39% DC
35% Frankie Edgar

Last edited:
Huge Aldo fan but he is past his prime somehow at 31. I was in the 5th row in Detroit and it sucked to watch Max goat him into a slugfest. The whole time I knew it was a matter of time before his cardio failed him. Frankie never gets tired and Max will be spending a good portion of this fight on his back

I really hope Frankie gets that belt. Nothing against Max. As hard working, tough as nails, never give up type of person Frankie is, nobody in the history of mma deserves it more than him.

Back