Edson fought 107 days ago

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
and took the worst beating of his career and he’s fighting again this weekend...should we be concerned it’s too soon?

It’ll be over quicker. Once Kevin lee secures that full mount Edson will be giving up his neck.

I dont think he had any serious injuries and it's been four months. Lee is no easy task but he should be fine.

Last edited:
More concerned about Frankie who just got KO'd.

I'm definitely concerned that he accepted a fight with another wrestler after that mauling he took from Khabib. Good on him though. I don't think a 4 month layoff is too soon.

i guess technically he "fought"

Lol at ''worst beating of his life'', he went to decision, the guy was ko-d before.

What about Edgar? He got KTFO recently and is already booked against Cub.

Nothing compares to head caved in followed by choked out by GSP Bisping, only to tunaround and fight 3 weeks later.

Frankie fighting Cub so soon after being knocked out by Ortega is also worse.

and took the worst beating of his career and he’s fighting again this weekend...should we be concerned it’s too soon?
Frankie Edgar is on the same card Edson isn't the one I'm worried about.

Edson will be fine. Lee isn't the same kind of Grappler as Khabib. Barboza's defense is more suited to fight Lee.

That was more of a complete humbling humiliation..... its not like we should be worried of any concussed shots. He should be good to go and I'm actually surprised he's the betting underdog.
Out of left field.....i hope someone wins impressively and they give Irish dragon the winner cause he got " Charlie foxtrotted" on last ppv

The "beating" is exaggerated
He was just dominated, it wasn't some ridiculous beatdown where he was on the brink of being brutally KO'd.

Omg wtf get him and Edgar off the card. These guys need to retire they've already accumulated too much CTE.

It's nothing crazy, but it would've made sense for him to wait longer. It's not like a fight vs Kevin Lee is some sort of rare opportunity.

edson is a brilliant fighter with the heart of a lion not surprised hes back at all hope he can string a few wins together quite a shame for the guy if he was from the states i think hed be a decent draw with his style and attitude

The thing is some of these fighters can't afford to take long periods of time off not just because of money, but they're not getting any younger and they want to get right back into the swing or things ASAP. That's why Frankie Edgar has a quick turn around and Edson. It's put up or shut up. 1 loss can't demoralize you and put you on the bench for a year. It seems like it does to a lot of fighters though. That's sand ticking down the hour glass. When youre 30+ it's go time.

Back