Educate me on Rigondeaux

Loma is amazing, no doubt, But Rigo didn't belong in the ring with him. He looked terrible, that's why I'm asking. The guy quit without being knocked down or even get rocked. It was embarrassing.

As you said, Loma didn't knock him down or hurt him, how was it not his place to be in the ring with him?

Thats true but in this fight he was the hugging world champ and had not one clean punch on Loma. He just went straight to the clinch and did not even try. Got rightfully points deducted for it

One boxer came to fight this night and the other to hide. Jesus even Floyd is an output monster compared to this Rigo and that says something.

It was disrespectful to Loma and especially the audience. If you are too scared to engage and box at all dont take the fight and then chicken out.

"Compared to this Rigo". You belie your lack of knowledge, discrediting your statement.

Loma is the most talented and hard working fighter ever. Rigo is just less talented and less hard working, both are incredible fighters but Lomachenko is the Messi of boxing.
I’m new to this guy, have seen the last two fights... how the hell does he have a loss on his record already?

I’m new to this guy, have seen the last two fights... how the hell does he have a loss on his record already?
Lomachenko was used to Amateur style boxing, 396-1 record in his amateur fights, the first pro fight of his career was easy work.
In the second fight he fought Salido who is known to be a dirty fighter, this is something he never experienced in amateur boxing. Salido struck him with I think 18 low blows in the whole fight, constant hugging and cheating and generally dirty antics. Lomachenko didn't really know what to do vs someone like that at the time as he never experienced in before in his career. He woke up in the last 3 rounds when he knew he could lose and almost KOed Salido, if the fight was 13 rounds Loma would have knocked him out, anyway even with all that the fight was a bit of a robbery, I had Loma winning 115-113. That fight really taught Loma what professional boxing is about, since then he fought and beat guys 10x better than Salido.
Salido pulled out of a rematch with Loma recently and he just retired after getting KOed by a bum yesterday.

He looked like an absolute bum against Loma. Is he any good?
He's 37.....

Fedor was getting KO'd buy middleweight at 36. Age is a mofo when you rely on speed. At his prime pinnacle, Rigo was as good as any amateur ever and one of the greatest technical boxers ever. Everyone gets old and slow one day.....all of this just emphasizes why Floyd is the best ever, yet even he just lost rounds to an MMA fighter at 40.

Lomachenko was used to Amateur style boxing, 396-1 record in his amateur fights, the first pro fight of his career was easy work.
In the second fight he fought Salido who is known to be a dirty fighter, this is something he never experienced in amateur boxing. Salido struck him with I think 18 low blows in the whole fight, constant hugging and cheating and generally dirty antics. Lomachenko didn't really know what to do vs someone like that at the time as he never experienced in before in his career. He woke up in the last 3 rounds when he knew he could lose and almost KOed Salido, if the fight was 13 rounds Loma would have knocked him out, anyway even with all that the fight was a bit of a robbery, I had Loma winning 115-113. That fight really taught Loma what professional boxing is about, since then he fought and beat guys 10x better than Salido.
Salido pulled out of a rematch with Loma recently and he just retired after getting KOed by a bum yesterday.
Good post except that Salido hit Lomachenko with over 100 low blows actually.

Rigondeaux is a great fighter but he's much, much smaller than Lomachenko (and older and not that active). No one credible really gave him much shot in this fight. He had no advantages going in so the result wasn't surprising, though Rigondeaux getting completely shut out was impressive. That said, Lomachenko barely landed anything significant himself.

Rigondeaux didn't deserve to have a point deducted either. Lomachenko should have had a point deducted for punching after the bell. Not that it mattered in the end.

Last edited:
Now the crap will come out and people will talk crazy and stupid stuff to people who doesn't no about boxing, they will talk about how good Loma is and over praise a good fighter who really isn't that great, but just a good fighter and not Floyd or Pernnel great.

First Rigo, he's a great fighter who either got hurt for real in the first couple of rounds or, got paid to throw the fight against Loma, because Rigo is to good of a fighter not to even try to hurt Loma or punch him. We have seen fighters put more effort in a fight with a broken hand and a broken jaw.

Then to show everyone Loma isn't that good or I got hurt, Rigo doesn't let Loma hit him with clean punches at all, but maybe 2 times in the whole fight. Loma could only slap Rigo and hit him in the back of the head, taking Loma"s offensive attack away, by ducking and rolling like James Toney.

But Rigo never attacks the openings he gives himself by making Loma miss all night, this shows us Rigo was either really hurt or got paid to lose and didn't care, but showed us and Loma, that this man can't hit me clean and if this was a clean fight with either me not talking money or getting hurt, the fight woruld be different.

Rigo is a great champion and so is Loma, but don't insult my intelligence and sit hear and type crap lying to people saying something wasn't seriously wrong with this fight and the way Rigo was fighting, the man wasn't even trying to punch Loma at all, only just making him miss, then Loma would just hit and pity pat Rigo in the back of the head.

A fighter with a broken hand has put out more effort then Rigo did, this fight was strange and even the commentary was silly and over the top comical at times.

Make your own conclusion of the fight, that's your right but this was not a real fight or a real win for me because it was to fishy, unless i get proof of an injury to Rigo.

Until then Loma has to show me he's that good because he already got beat by Salido and couldn't hit Rigo and please stop the nonsense about how Loma went to dance school and that's why his footwork is so good, because that's a lie. Loma uses simple southpaw footwork to give his opponents different angles and so did Pernnel W, who by the way was better at it and is a better fighter in all aspects of the game that Loma is. Until Loma shows me something different and proves me wrong.

Don't insult my intelligence by talking this crap ESPN was talking, I know better and I know my boxing.

No way a man makes someone miss all night and doesn't even throw a single counter with either hand, Rigo didn't have a good hand?

Last edited:
We have seem this movie before for some strange reason some people keep repeating it time and time again.

They keep over hyping these fighters and they always fail and they know these fighters are not as good as they say, then these same fighters lose and they lose big time.

This will happen to Loma, just like it happened to all the rest of them. Loma will move up and he will lose big time unless they protect him, he will lose real bad and then they will hype the next fighter that comes along and over hype that fighter and he will go threw the same thing.

They always do this and the fighter never lives up to the overboard and over the top praise and hype, they already started last night with Loma on ESPN.

Loma is good but he isn't that good, but still is a great champion, just not in Floyd, Roy Jones jr or Pernnel W. class, he's not in that class, but he's below that class on GGG level of greatness and that's all and there's nothing wrong with that. But people really need to stop overpraising him and stop listening to ESPN"s silly sick comical hype and praise because he's not that good and will lose badly.

This is the truth and until he proves me wrong, I can't put him in that class yet. If he proves me wrong i will put him there and defend him against any hate or criticism.

I don't hate the kid or have anything against him, I wish him all the success in the world, but I know from my boxing knowledge that hes not that good and can smell and see the bull crap and over the top Marketing that ESPN is doing to make more money off of him and this always leads to failure and people saying I told you so, he was never that good anyway.

Rigo is one of the best I've seen. His performance against Donaire is one of the best I'll ever see.

He looked like an absolute bum against Loma. Is he any good?
Even at his best, Lomachenko is a bad style for Rigondeaux.

the guy is 37, which is ancient for his weight class.

Context plays a part. Rigo is 34 yrs old,and has never been outclassed like this in whole career. He did not handle it well. He lost to a younger,bigger,faster guy who is better than he is too.
He's 37 dude.

nice. thankyou. i will probably watch that fight soon, now.

"Compared to this Rigo". You belie your lack of knowledge, discrediting your statement.

"This Rigo" as meant compared to previous fights of him were he did box and showed highly skilled boxing. Rigo is a world class boxer but that night he did not show that. He mostly tried to provoke "illegal" punches from Loma by holding his head inches above floor, not engage at all and in the end foul Loma on purpose before quitting.

Rigo's style was never fan friendly. That being said, tons of causals will end up remembering him as a fraud, which is mind boggling given the guy's talent and his credentials. The way his professional career was handled is a disgrace. He should get part of the blame, of course.

"This Rigo" as meant compared to previous fights of him were he did box and showed highly skilled boxing. Rigo is a world class boxer but that night he did not show that. He mostly tried to provoke "illegal" punches from Loma by holding his head inches above floor, not engage at all and in the end foul Loma on purpose before quitting.

Fair enough, I assumed you meant it differently.

If you think Rigo looked like a bum, then you don't know anything about Rigo, nor about Lomachenko. Most of his Lomachenko's opponents would be bedazzled by Loma's footwork while getting ripped apart by combinations. The fact that it was hard for Lomachenko to pin Rigo in place to create angles, and even when he was able to turn Rigo he wasn't able to really capitalize on it, shows how good Rigo is, despite him being older, a step slower than before, and much smaller. It was hard for Loma to get a clean shot on Rigo despite winning relatively easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back