Educate me on Rigondeaux

Now the crap will come out and people will talk crazy and stupid stuff to people who doesn't no about boxing, they will talk about how good Loma is and over praise a good fighter who really isn't that great, but just a good fighter and not Floyd or Pernnel great.

First Rigo, he's a great fighter who either got hurt for real in the first couple of rounds or, got paid to throw the fight against Loma, because Rigo is to good of a fighter not to even try to hurt Loma or punch him. We have seen fighters put more effort in a fight with a broken hand and a broken jaw.

Then to show everyone Loma isn't that good or I got hurt, Rigo doesn't let Loma hit him with clean punches at all, but maybe 2 times in the whole fight. Loma could only slap Rigo and hit him in the back of the head, taking Loma"s offensive attack away, by ducking and rolling like James Toney.

But Rigo never attacks the openings he gives himself by making Loma miss all night, this shows us Rigo was either really hurt or got paid to lose and didn't care, but showed us and Loma, that this man can't hit me clean and if this was a clean fight with either me not talking money or getting hurt, the fight woruld be different.

Rigo is a great champion and so is Loma, but don't insult my intelligence and sit hear and type crap lying to people saying something wasn't seriously wrong with this fight and the way Rigo was fighting, the man wasn't even trying to punch Loma at all, only just making him miss, then Loma would just hit and pity pat Rigo in the back of the head.

A fighter with a broken hand has put out more effort then Rigo did, this fight was strange and even the commentary was silly and over the top comical at times.

Make your own conclusion of the fight, that's your right but this was not a real fight or a real win for me because it was to fishy, unless i get proof of an injury to Rigo.

Until then Loma has to show me he's that good because he already got beat by Salido and couldn't hit Rigo and please stop the nonsense about how Loma went to dance school and that's why his footwork is so good, because that's a lie. Loma uses simple southpaw footwork to give his opponents different angles and so did Pernnel W, who by the way was better at it and is a better fighter in all aspects of the game that Loma is. Until Loma shows me something different and proves me wrong.

Don't insult my intelligence by talking this crap ESPN was talking, I know better and I know my boxing.

No way a man makes someone miss all night and doesn't even throw a single counter with either hand, Rigo didn't have a good hand?

You're really scraping for excuses here. Rigo got paid to lose..... really. C'mon. You can say he got old, that he was rusty, that he has lost a step but accusing him of throwing the fight is ridiculous. He just wasn't good enough tonight and looked for an out. He had one bad hand (couldn't seem to decide which) and other fighters have had broken hands and carried on. He was looking for a way out because he was getting humbled in there. Lomachenko broke his hand vs Piriyapinyo but still carried on and dominated his opponent with one hand. Fighters can fight with one hand. Hell I've even seen a fighter dislocate his arm and fight one armed and get the KO (Danny Williams). It was a get out because Rigo didn't want to get toyed with any more.

If you think Rigo looked like a bum, then you don't know anything about Rigo, nor about Lomachenko. Most of his Lomachenko's opponents would be bedazzled by Loma's footwork while getting ripped apart by combinations. The fact that it was hard for Lomachenko to pin Rigo in place to create angles, and even when he was able to turn Rigo he wasn't able to really capitalize on it, shows how good Rigo is, despite him being older, a step slower than before, and much smaller. It was hard for Loma to get a clean shot on Rigo despite winning relatively easily.
It's pretty hard to land a legal shot on someone who is bending over at the waist so that their head is waist level. Loma even got warned for hitting him in the back of the head but that was the only target available as Rigo was bent over so much.

Rigo's style was never fan friendly. That being said, tons of causals will end up remembering him as a fraud, which is mind boggling given the guy's talent and his credentials. The way his professional career was handled is a disgrace. He should get part of the blame, of course.

It's a real shame as Rigondeaux was such a talent. For him to go out this way is kind of tragic. It's got to tarnish his legacy.

It's a real shame as Rigondeaux was such a talent. For him to go out this way is kind of tragic. It's got to tarnish his legacy.

One of the biggest wastes I can think of. Pure management. Usually guys waste their careers because they're lazy, train stupid, fight stupid or eat, drink and blow themselves out of shape. Rigondeaux is one of a kind.

You're really scraping for excuses here. Rigo got paid to lose..... really. C'mon. You can say he got old, that he was rusty, that he has lost a step but accusing him of throwing the fight is ridiculous. He just wasn't good enough tonight and looked for an out. He had one bad hand (couldn't seem to decide which) and other fighters have had broken hands and carried on. He was looking for a way out because he was getting humbled in there. Lomachenko broke his hand vs Piriyapinyo but still carried on and dominated his opponent with one hand. Fighters can fight with one hand. Hell I've even seen a fighter dislocate his arm and fight one armed and get the KO (Danny Williams). It was a get out because Rigo didn't want to get toyed with any more.

No excuses at all, just don't insult my intelligence and now your trying to do it. With this fight.

Now I ask you this how does somebody brake their hand hitting someone on the body ?

Because Rigo never hit Loma on the head ever, so how can a body shot brake your hand.

Unless Loma is superman, because this nonsense only happens in the movies and not in real life.

He landed only 2-3 body punches per rounds, how the hell he could even break his hand?

Don't spew fake nonsense and stop trying to insult my intelligence, I am not a blind sheep fighter worshiping fan, that believes everything,

I know fights get fixed because it's even happening in the UFC.

It has happened in boxing before and MMA and it still is.

Former UFC Fighter Handed 10 Month Jail Sentence For Fight Fixing
Posted on November 24, 2017 by EMagraken

The Korea Herald reports that former UFC fighter Bang Tae-hyun has been handed a 10 month jail term after agreeing to take a dive at UFC Fight Night 79 in Seoul on Nov. 28, 2015.

Bang apparently agreed to lose his fight but the UFC got wind that something was amiss when betting lines dramatically shifted leading up to the bout. UFC executives confronted Bang and he ultimately went on to win the fight despite accepting a bribe to lose.

https://combatsportslaw.com/2017/11...nded-10-month-jail-sentence-for-fight-fixing/

The Most Fixed Fight In Boxing History!

People questioning the legitimacy of a boxing match or an MMA bout is a regular occurrence.

There has always been a skepticism toward combat sports in that regard. Perhaps it comes from the days when the mob controlled boxing and frequently fixed fights. Though younger fans may not remember those dark days, there have been numerous references to such activity in many famous movies, therefore keeping it in the public consciousness.

Recently, there was a great deal of suspicion cast upon the Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock fight, at Bellator 138. In that instance even knowledgeable observers like Joe Rogan were suggesting that something might be amiss.

Well today I’m going to go out on a limb and voice my paranoia about another recent fight. There is just something fishy about this scrap between Jorge Kahwagi and Ramon Olivas.
http://www.punditarena.com/boxing/sraftery/the-most-fixed-fight-in-boxing-history/#

Bas Rutten said
Pancrase were fixed fights

Watch the video. 1:08 min start of the video Bass Rutten goes on to say that they will ask him to lose or win a fight.
Fixed fights in Japan and everyone thinks that crap was 100% legit.

Don't tell me that Rigo broke his hand hitting Loma on the body throwing 3 punches a round that's a lie.
lomachenko-rigondeaux-compubox-punch-stats.jpg

Good God. Are people really speculating that this fight was fixed? Rigo showed up for a paycheque, soon found out he was outclassed, and then decided he didn't want to take a beating, which led to him quitting before he sustained any real damage (he might have had a broken hand; regardless, the same general sequence applies). There is nothing strange at play here.

Yeah so whoever wants to joust about boxing history with hagler go for it. There is literally no way you can lose, so it.

Apart from the fact he knows more in his little finger than you do in your brain. Go on, try and play billy swinging sacks with him.

One of the biggest wastes I can think of. Pure management. Usually guys waste their careers because they're lazy, train stupid, fight stupid or eat, drink and blow themselves out of shape. Rigondeaux is one of a kind.
I've heard of this before (and that he deserves some blame)

What did he and his management do wrong?

Not fighting enough. Especially top tier fighters.

How much of that was his fault, though? Honestly I don't know because I really didn't start following boxing until a few years ago, but I remember reading that no one WANTED to fight Rigondeaux and they couldn't get anyone to match him. The Ring explained their demotion of him, though, but indicating he should have been able to do better than pull a guy who was ranked like, 25th or something in his division, though.

I suppose this fight was supposed to be his statement fight to put him back on the map by going up in weight, too bad it had to be against someone as good as Loma.

How much of that was his fault, though? Honestly I don't know because I really didn't start following boxing until a few years ago, but I remember reading that no one WANTED to fight Rigondeaux and they couldn't get anyone to match him. The Ring explained their demotion of him, though, but indicating he should have been able to do better than pull a guy who was ranked like, 25th or something in his division, though.

I suppose this fight was supposed to be his statement fight to put him back on the map by going up in weight, too bad it had to be against someone as good as Loma.

It's not all on him, of course. But if you have trouble finding opponents over many years, you can change management, price yourself better, etc. Rigo's problem on Saturday was his age, but he was also rusty as fuck. That's very unfortunate.

No excuses at all, just don't insult my intelligence and now your trying to do it. With this fight.

Now I ask you this how does somebody brake their hand hitting someone on the body ?

Because Rigo never hit Loma on the head ever, so how can a body shot brake your hand.

Unless Loma is superman, because this nonsense only happens in the movies and not in real life.

He landed only 2-3 body punches per rounds, how the hell he could even break his hand?

Don't spew fake nonsense and stop trying to insult my intelligence, I am not a blind sheep fighter worshiping fan, that believes everything,

I know fights get fixed because it's even happening in the UFC.

It has happened in boxing before and MMA and it still is.

Former UFC Fighter Handed 10 Month Jail Sentence For Fight Fixing
Posted on November 24, 2017 by EMagraken

The Korea Herald reports that former UFC fighter Bang Tae-hyun has been handed a 10 month jail term after agreeing to take a dive at UFC Fight Night 79 in Seoul on Nov. 28, 2015.

Bang apparently agreed to lose his fight but the UFC got wind that something was amiss when betting lines dramatically shifted leading up to the bout. UFC executives confronted Bang and he ultimately went on to win the fight despite accepting a bribe to lose.

https://combatsportslaw.com/2017/11...nded-10-month-jail-sentence-for-fight-fixing/

The Most Fixed Fight In Boxing History!

People questioning the legitimacy of a boxing match or an MMA bout is a regular occurrence.

There has always been a skepticism toward combat sports in that regard. Perhaps it comes from the days when the mob controlled boxing and frequently fixed fights. Though younger fans may not remember those dark days, there have been numerous references to such activity in many famous movies, therefore keeping it in the public consciousness.

Recently, there was a great deal of suspicion cast upon the Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock fight, at Bellator 138. In that instance even knowledgeable observers like Joe Rogan were suggesting that something might be amiss.

Well today I’m going to go out on a limb and voice my paranoia about another recent fight. There is just something fishy about this scrap between Jorge Kahwagi and Ramon Olivas.
http://www.punditarena.com/boxing/sraftery/the-most-fixed-fight-in-boxing-history/#

Bas Rutten said
Pancrase were fixed fights

Watch the video. 1:08 min start of the video Bass Rutten goes on to say that they will ask him to lose or win a fight.
Fixed fights in Japan and everyone thinks that crap was 100% legit.

Don't tell me that Rigo broke his hand hitting Loma on the body throwing 3 punches a round that's a lie.

Well he didn't break his hand he bruised it. He landed a couple of shots on Lomachenko's head and even if he hit the body he could have bust his hand if he for instance hit his hip. There have been instances of fighters breaking their hands on peoples hips. Or he could have connected with Lomachenko's elbow. But to jump to some far fetched notion that Rigo was paid to lose is just ridiculous. If you really believe that then I've got some magic beans I'd like to sell you.

Good God. Are people really speculating that this fight was fixed? Rigo showed up for a paycheque, soon found out he was outclassed, and then decided he didn't want to take a beating, which led to him quitting before he sustained any real damage (he might have had a broken hand; regardless, the same general sequence applies). There is nothing strange at play here.
Only one person that I can see. His man lost and now he's trying to find a reason to explain it.

His management was total shit. Granted, some of that is on him and some of that is on his cavalcade of incompetent and often malicious promoters (looking at you Bob).

I had heard Rigo was in negotiations with Yamanaka before Yamanaka lost to Nery too. I bet Rigo's kicking himself over missing that opportunity. That would have been good money and a fight he'd probably win against a top rated opponent.

his fight was strange

I did not see many clean punches landing. It could be because of the camera angles but I did not see anything significant. Look at a fight like DLH vs Chavez sr. and you see the clean shots. It was nothing like that.

Well he didn't break his hand he bruised it. He landed a couple of shots on Lomachenko's head and even if he hit the body he could have bust his hand if he for instance hit his hip. There have been instances of fighters breaking their hands on peoples hips. Or he could have connected with Lomachenko's elbow. But to jump to some far fetched notion that Rigo was paid to lose is just ridiculous. If you really believe that then I've got some magic beans I'd like to sell you.

You really believe Boxers never hurt their hands in fights. LOL, every time they take their Boxing Gloves and Hand wraps off after a fight, both of their hands are swollen and hurt like hell and this is every boxer.

This is a part of Being a Professional Fighter. In every fight, fighters hands hurt, hitting someone on the head.

Gnarled knuckles. Mangled fingers. Sore, swollen wrists. Gimpy handshakes. They are the signatures of battle commonly found on the hands of boxers

But for some reason people don't know this, you try punching a solid object for 30 min as hard as you can and see if your hands don't hurt like hell and swell up.

I am talking about punching a solid object for 30 min, AS HARD AS YOU CAN, not easing up, because if you eas up you will get knocked out.

Boxers Find Pain Relief for Hands
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/24/sports/othersports/boxers-find-pain-relief-for-hands.html

Gnarled knuckles. Mangled fingers. Sore, swollen wrists. Gimpy handshakes. They are the signatures of battle commonly found on the hands of boxers, and Arturo Gatti and Floyd Mayweather know the pain well.

Those two veteran fighters, vying for a portion of the super-lightweight title in Atlantic City on tomorrow night, have struggled over the years to keep their hands healthy, a problem that is shared by many boxers. Some of those fighters are resorting an intricate surgical procedure as a cure while, at the same time, boxing officials are increasingly debating whether existing rules should be changed as another possible remedy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You really think a man that has been boxing for years like Rigo, who is a two time Olympic Gold Medal winner with 400 amateur fights, never in his life fought with swollen hurt hands in a championship or any fight ever ?

You really believe Rigo, with over 400 fights, that his hands don't hurt like hell, like Floyd or Gatti or every fighter, even in the UFC, that their hands don't hurt and are swollen like hell for a couple of days, after a fight and during a fight, every fight.

This was not the first time Rigo fought or will fight with hurt and swollen hands, because of hitting someone in the head or hip, this is natural in prize fighting, Boxing and the UFC.

That's why I don't believe that Rigo stopped fighting just because he felt pain in his hand, the same pain every boxer feels when fighting, its a part of the sport of boxing and fighting. Rigo has been feeling this type of pain sense he first started Boxing, this is common in prize fighting.

Use your common sense and intelligence when questioning something, people cheat, lie, steal ,fix fights, take dives and politicians are corrupt. Not everyone does this, or is like this, only a few are, but it happens, this is the real world.

This fight was not right and that's my opinion, using logic and knowledge and common sense and intelligence.

These types of human beings are trained to fight threw the worse type of pain, dizziness and heat, like football players and Basketball players.

maxresdefault.jpg

6a7ec9604bb28d6b82cc5d0712779b09.jpg

c228724152efa6736d2a3f8aac29857c--boxer.jpg

Kobe Bryant dislocates finger, trainer Gary Vitti pops it back in: Spurs at Lakers

NFL Broken Bones

Rigo knows what a swollen hand is. I'm pretty sure he can handle the pain, and did it many times on his way to a win. What he couldn't handle was the sight of defeat after 6 more rounds of getting punched in the face. It happened to others before him.

You really believe Boxers never hurt their hands in fights. LOL, every time they take their Boxing Gloves and Hand wraps off after a fight, both of their hands are swollen and hurt like hell and this is every boxer.

This is a part of Being a Professional Fighter. In every fight, fighters hands hurt, hitting someone on the head.

Gnarled knuckles. Mangled fingers. Sore, swollen wrists. Gimpy handshakes. They are the signatures of battle commonly found on the hands of boxers

But for some reason people don't know this, you try punching a solid object for 30 min as hard as you can and see if your hands don't hurt like hell and swell up.

I am talking about punching a solid object for 30 min, AS HARD AS YOU CAN, not easing up, because if you eas up you will get knocked out.

Boxers Find Pain Relief for Hands
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/24/sports/othersports/boxers-find-pain-relief-for-hands.html

Gnarled knuckles. Mangled fingers. Sore, swollen wrists. Gimpy handshakes. They are the signatures of battle commonly found on the hands of boxers, and Arturo Gatti and Floyd Mayweather know the pain well.

Those two veteran fighters, vying for a portion of the super-lightweight title in Atlantic City on tomorrow night, have struggled over the years to keep their hands healthy, a problem that is shared by many boxers. Some of those fighters are resorting an intricate surgical procedure as a cure while, at the same time, boxing officials are increasingly debating whether existing rules should be changed as another possible remedy.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You really think a man that has been boxing for years like Rigo, who is a two time Olympic Gold Medal winner with 400 amateur fights, never in his life fought with swollen hurt hands in a championship or any fight ever ?

You really believe Rigo, with over 400 fights, that his hands don't hurt like hell, like Floyd or Gatti or every fighter, even in the UFC, that their hands don't hurt and are swollen like hell for a couple of days, after a fight and during a fight, every fight.

This was not the first time Rigo fought or will fight with hurt and swollen hands, because of hitting someone in the head or hip, this is natural in prize fighting, Boxing and the UFC.

That's why I don't believe that Rigo stopped fighting just because he felt pain in his hand, the same pain every boxer feels when fighting, its a part of the sport of boxing and fighting. Rigo has been feeling this type of pain sense he first started Boxing, this is common in prize fighting.

Use your common sense and intelligence when questioning something, people cheat, lie, steal ,fix fights, take dives and politicians are corrupt. Not everyone does this, or is like this, only a few are, but it happens, this is the real world.

This fight was not right and that's my opinion, using logic and knowledge and common sense and intelligence.

These types of human beings are trained to fight threw the worse type of pain, dizziness and heat, like football players and Basketball players.

maxresdefault.jpg

6a7ec9604bb28d6b82cc5d0712779b09.jpg

c228724152efa6736d2a3f8aac29857c--boxer.jpg

Kobe Bryant dislocates finger, trainer Gary Vitti pops it back in: Spurs at Lakers

NFL Broken Bones

Another one of your long pointless posts. He quit because he was getting outboxed plain and simple. Have you heard of Occams Razor? Well it applies here. Making up some completely unfounded accusations just because your man lost his nerve is pretty delusional. Rigo quit because he was being humiliated and had no answer. Plain and simple.

That's 4 fighters who've quit in a row now against Lomachenko. He makes them quit by outboxing them. But I suppose they were all on the take....

Back