Educated Guess: Ben Askren announces his return to MMA on January 23rd

he good.

JRE or the mma show podcast?

i freakin hope so. i always thought he was really good he cant go out fighting cans in One fc

the UFC doesn't want him, where he's going? is he finally not afraid of fighting legit competition?
Rory isn't in the UFC, connect the dots will lead you to the answer

Dana fucking over Askren is one of the biggest travesties in MMA. Dirty shit.

The guy is one of the best talents outside the UFC and Dana wants him to jump through hoops to earn a shot. Such a joke.

Askren left Bellator because they couldn't come to terms on a contract because Bellator didn't want to pay him what he felt he deserved. I don't see how Askren is worth any more to Bellator now than he was before, so I don't see how they'd agree on a contract.

I would pay money for the gsp fight.. do you hear me UFC? Would actually pay.

There is a chance gap could get soul crushed late in the fight, even if not a great one, and that chance is worth a pretty penny.. Especially after gsp has done what he has done to guys.

Askren left Bellator because they couldn't come to terms on a contract because Bellator didn't want to pay him what he felt he deserved. I don't see how Askren is worth any more to Bellator now than he was before, so I don't see how they'd agree on a contract.

Askren was misguided the first time through. He assumed the UFC must want him. He burned a lot of Bellator bridges during his over confidence. Burned so many bridges that they couldn't in turn come back and give him a big offer, they'd look weak.

Lucky for them they can sign him to fight Rory now for a fair price this time around. He rejected Bjorn's product that he had beaten. Not Scott Coker's.

The only concern that Bellator should have is he probably retires for real after beating up Rory. Goes out on a higher note that Aoki.

So I think they can sign him to fight Rory for a fair price to land a super fight. Problem is if he wins I don't think they can get him to fight a 2nd time.

How is Askren considered boring yet Nurmagomedov is riding one of the biggest hype trains in the sport ? Oh right I'm reading sherdog.

If he does...

Good!

How is Askren considered boring yet Nurmagomedov is riding one of the biggest hype trains in the sport ? Oh right I'm reading sherdog.

Only Russians can use relentless grappling and be cool around here.

Wishful thinking, he retired like a month ago. He's not going to announce a comeback so soon

Askren kept saying he would come out of retirement only to fight the best.

Considering he also says that he refuses to fight Woodley.

That means he can fight GSP (not landing that fight) but he can also justify fighting Rory.

Askren is on Rogan on Jan 23rd and advertising his appearance already.

3 days after Rory/Lima. Rory is probably favored to win his lineal belt that he still holds in Bellator by way of Lima. Rory also has a dominant win over Woodley.

So Rory has as much of a claim as being the "best" as any other fighter out there.

TLDR Askren is coming back to slap Rory around, bank on it.
Askren has K1 level slapping I have heard. Rory can actually punch as well as wrestle. I truly hope Askren just goes away.

Dana fucking over Askren is one of the biggest travesties in MMA. Dirty shit.

The guy is one of the best talents outside the UFC and Dana wants him to jump through hoops to earn a shot. Such a joke.
Bellator let him go even though he was their champion. Ben Fucked over Ben.

The Rory that fought Lawler slaughters Askren in a 5 rounder.

If he isn't shot after his surgery/lay-off and gets thru Lima, I'd love to watch him beat down Ben

Khabib received alot of hate aswell. Its sadly just the sherdog way.

i like both. Askren has developed well over the years over at One and he allready looked impressive during his first Bellator run. Him signing with Bellator would be a huge thing imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back