EFN 50: Emelianenko vs Maldonado PBP Discussion 17 June, 11AM ET/8AM PT/4PM UK

The ref fucked you over.

Yea I was kinda salty after the first round. Knew pretty much right there I was fucked - they were never going to stop the fight or give a decision to Maldonado.
Fuck, even Maldonado knew.

The judging was undoubtedly retarded - but seeing blatant 10-8 rounds not given isn't exactly something unique to this fight, we see it (not) happening constantly at the top level in the UFC; so the fact that everyone's immediately concluding corruption, or at least a home town decision is a little unfair imo. I'm not saying it isn't the case, but it's certainly not so unusual as to justify everyone jumping to those conclusions.

I would argue that the questionable thing about 10-8's doesn't tend to be there NOT being given against big names because they are so rarely given against anyone. I think its actually when they ARE given that tends to be more questionable to me as I think that has a much stronger tendancy to go to favoured fighters, Forrest/Rampage rd 2 comes to mind for example.

Yea I was kinda salty after the first round. Knew pretty much right there I was fucked - they were never going to stop the fight or give a decision to Maldonado.
Fuck, even Maldonado knew.

I was also rooting for Maldababo. I wish he didn't get hard after TKO'ing Fedor like 3 times. As much as a bum fight it turn into in the later rounds, I quite enjoyed it, then again I am the motherfucker who enjoyed Slice vs 5000.

Hell yeah. Haaaaa. I was a pro-wrestling fan before I even knew MMA existed. UFC 100 was my very first PPV and part of the reason was Lesnar headlining it.

Shit man. I've been watching mma since I was in grade school and I'm 34 now and I was a fan of WWF before mma.
I'd root for lesnar but I can't against hunt.

Shit man. I've been watching mma since I was in grade school and I'm 34 now and I was a fan of WWF before mma.
I'd root for lesnar but I can't against hunt.

I understand. See I admire Hunt and like the guy but I didn't even know who he was until he lost to Sean McCorkle and the very first fight I saw him in was when he fought Kongo, that's when I recognized him from Wanderlei Silva highlights when he did The Atomic Ass Bomb. Haaa. So I don't have a huge attachment to guy, same with Fedor unfortunately. I respect all of them for being Legends though.

It took my damn near 4 hours to like every single post(hopefully) to this point. I am never doing this shit again. @Wadtucket and @BC 206, I thank you guys for your service. You guys are the GOATs.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Salute my brother haha

trish-2.jpg

Trish-Stratus-0014.jpg

trish-stratus-hot-blonde-orange_bikini-hd.jpg

Haaha that GIF slaughters me every time.

Dude, that first pick almost got me man. DAT ASS!!!!!!. The day has just begun, it might break me down.

Prime Trish Stratus was something else. BAWH GAWD!!

Dude, that first pick almost got me man. DAT ASS!!!!!!. The day has just begun, it might break me down.

Prime Trish Stratus was something else. BAWH GAWD!!

Prime Trish man......DIME SON

I would argue that the questionable thing about 10-8's doesn't tend to be there NOT being given against big names because they are so rarely given against anyone. I think its actually when they ARE given that tends to be more questionable to me as I think that has a much stronger tendancy to go to favoured fighters, Forrest/Rampage rd 2 comes to mind for example.

I didn't realise rd.2 Forrest/Rampage was a 10-8. Though iirc he dropped him with leg kicks and took Rampage down with a guillotine, I agree that in context it certainly shouldn't have been.

I'm finding it hard to think up examples if I'm honest; but certainly lately I've seen a couple of fighters get 10-8's for rounds they've controlled and not done much damage with, and others like in the Fedor fight where they've come as close as you can get to finishing and not been awarded 10-8. There's an inconsistency which sure could be in specific occasions symptomatic of corruption, but more often than not it's just incompetence and a lack of culpability.

I understand. See I admire Hunt and like the guy but I didn't even know who he was until he lost to Sean McCorkle and the very first fight I saw him in was when he fought Kongo, that's when I recognized him from Wanderlei Silva highlights when he did The Atomic Ass Bomb. Haaa. So I don't have a huge attachment to guy, same with Fedor unfortunately. I respect all of them for being Legends though.

Mma and pro wrestling has gone hand in hand since the beginning. I can't hate a guy for wanting to fight.
I'd pay for Brett Hart vs maia.
An epic grappling contest... lol

I didn't realise rd.2 Forrest/Rampage was a 10-8. Though iirc he dropped him with leg kicks and took Rampage down with a guillotine, I agree that in context it certainly shouldn't have been.

I'm finding it hard to think up examples if I'm honest; but certainly lately I've seen a couple of fighters get 10-8's for rounds they've controlled and not done much damage with, and others like in the Fedor fight where they've come as close as you can get to finishing and not been awarded 10-8. There's an inconsistency which sure could be in specific occasions symptomatic of corruption, but more often than not it's just incompetence and a lack of culpability.

Once again, you don't give 10-8s when the losing fighter was winning the round for the first 2mins, before getting hit and rocked. He then recovered later in the round, hit Fabio in the ear, made him turn and run.

That is not a 10-8.
Almost beating a person is also not a 10-8 or locked in submissions would also be given 10-8s.

10-8s are awarded for dominance.

I just watched the fight today, if there was no controversy on the decision and expectations for Fedor weren't so high, all anyone would be talking about was how amazing that fight was. Seriously, what a fucking brawl. One of the best fights of the year so far.

anyone have the english version of the fight. I'll watch it just for the commentary alone. Hilarious! What the hell is going on in the octagon!?

The only reason the ref didn't stop the fight in the first round is because he probably thought Putin would have him killed if he stopped Fedor.

Maybe he didn't stop it because the fight wasn't over? Is that a possibility at all Matt or no.

Maybe he didn't stop it because the fight wasn't over? Is that a possibility at all Matt or no.

When you look at some of the other fights on the card and when they were stopped...I can't blame people when they think it was a bit suspicious.

Back