EFN 50: Emelianenko vs Maldonado PBP Discussion 17 June, 11AM ET/8AM PT/4PM UK

When you look at some of the other fights on the card and when they were stopped...I can't blame people when they think it was a bit suspicious.

How can the fight have been over if he recovered and comprehensively outstruck Maldonado for the remaining time?

As a heads up, over the weekend, I'm going to rewatch EFN 50 and try to make a playlist of the music they played.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Salute my brother haha

trish-2.jpg

Trish-Stratus-0014.jpg

trish-stratus-hot-blonde-orange_bikini-hd.jpg
As if this thread couldnt have possibly gotten any better we get prime trish stratus!! Stratusfaction has been guaranteed!

I just received a notification for a like. This thread is still being read. Incredible.

Terrible performance by Fedor. Clear draw imo.

10-8 Fabio
10-9 Fedor
10-9 Fedor

DRAW.

Again, you don't give out 10-8s when the fighter that lost the round, won the first 2 minutes of the round in dominate fashion, got dropped and rocked, recovered, hit the other guy in the ear, forcing him to turn and run and walking him down.

That's a back and forth round, with Maldonado getting the better of Fedor.

Very clear 10-9 round.

Again, you don't give out 10-8s when the fighter that lost the round, won the first 2 minutes of the round in dominate fashion, got dropped and rocked, recovered, hit the other guy in the ear, forcing him to turn and run and walking him down.

That's a back and forth round, with Maldonado getting the better of Fedor.

Very clear 10-9 round.

That's not how this works. Amount of time winning a round is not a factor. A fighter could be "winning" for four minutes, but if the last minute they get knocked down, beat up, and are on the verge of a ref stoppage for the rest of the round, it's still a 10-8. In other combat sports, a knockdown is often an automatic 10-8, regardless of how the rest of the round played out.

That's not how this works. Amount of time winning a round is not a factor. A fighter could be "winning" for four minutes, but if the last minute they get knocked down, beat up, and are on the verge of a ref stoppage for the rest of the round, it's still a 10-8. In other combat sports, a knockdown is often an automatic 10-8, regardless of how the rest of the round played out.

You are completely and utterly misinformed.

10-8s are awarded for complete domination of a round.

The scoring criteria doesn't change based on what fighter you want to see lose, lol.

Yeah but this isn't other combat sports, I am sure fighters get knocked down all the time and get 10-9.

Back