Egyptian parliament considers outlawing atheism

Why not? It's doing wonders for Saudi Arabia.

Progressive muslim societies guys!

Lets import more of these so they become a big voting block!
Who has ever said that Egypt is a progressive Muslim society? Besides, the ruler who runs the country is a Western stooge. Look at that, Western backed dictators crushing dissent and passing laws which blatantly trample on human rights, truly the only way to spread democracy.

how can you outlaw something if you don't show any signs of it? unless they start forced sunday mass etc... and take attendance ...i mean unless you are telling everyone yelling from the streets that you are atheist how will they know?

They can shut down athiest organizations, and suppress public displays and sentiments deemed to be too athiestic.

Who has ever said that Egypt is a progressive Muslim society? Besides, the ruler who runs the country is a Western stooge. Look at that, Western backed dictators crushing dissent and passing laws which blatantly trample on human rights, truly the only way to spread democracy.

We've been trying to de-fang the U.S. government and make it more ineffectual, but the left is now pissing their pants that we're making their predictions of a post-american world come true. Mostly because certain interest groups among them still need cornfed white boys from the midwest to join the U.S. military and ensure that any government within SCUD range of the Persian Gulf remains a western stooge under threat of being given the Saddam treatment.

We've been trying to de-fang the U.S. government and make it ineffectual, but the left is now pissing their pants that we're making their predictions of a post-american world come true. Mostly because certain interest groups among them still need cornfed white boys from the midwest to join the military and ensure that any government within SCUD range of the Persian Gulf remains a western stooge.
The US government doesn't have to become ineffectual to stop supporting dictators with flagrant human rights abuses on its record.

The US government doesn't have to become ineffectual to stop supporting dictators with flagrant human rights abuses on its record.

Nah man, it really does. The amount of military power the U.S. has amassed is a motive with a universal adapter on it. No matter which party is in charge, it will be a disaster because the overarching goals of the U.S. establishment never change. Just it's rhetoric.

how can you outlaw something if you don't show any signs of it? unless they start forced sunday mass etc... and take attendance ...i mean unless you are telling everyone yelling from the streets that you are atheist how will they know?

basically that. similar to blasphemy laws.

Like your sig lol

Sisi isn't really a Western stooge. I mean he is definitely supported by the West, mostly for Israel's benefit, but Sisi like so many other dictators is out for himself, his fellow establishment cabal and to advance his agenda. Like Saddam (before the falling out with the US) or Muhammed Bin Salman, Sisi courts Western support for survival. He would ditch the West and embrace China if China was more powerful than the West.

Good.

Don't you guys remember what happens when atheism takes hold? 100s of millions dead, famine, communism, redistribution of wealth, pogroms, bolsheviks, etc etc.

Egypt MAGAing.

I think MEGAing is the acronym you're looking for. New Pyramids and a better Sphinx are next.

Its actually prohibited to worship anyone but Allah
If you say anything against Mohommed it's considered blasphemy, isn't it?
What if you're a Muslim and don't say pbuh?

Like your sig lol

Sisi isn't really a Western stooge. I mean he is definitely supported by the West, mostly for Israel's benefit, but Sisi like so many other dictators is out for himself, his fellow establishment cabal and to advance his agenda. Like Saddam (before the falling out with the US) or Muhammed Bin Salman, Sisi courts Western support for survival. He would ditch the West and embrace China if China was more powerful than the West.

He is also imposing these laws to ensure his own survival.

Middle Eastern dictators don't impose harsh religious laws because of their own personal beliefs. They do it, because they're scared shitless of the jihadist element, and want to secure their own asses by appearing "devout" to the cause of Islam. Otherwise they risk the chance of an Islamic up-rising.

See the Saudi response to the Grand Mosque seizure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_seizure

Atheism did wonders for the USSR and Maoist China and Pol Pot's Cambodia!!!
Communism doesn't start with "ath". Such weird spelling.

Atheism doesn't have structure. It doesn't advocate for anything and it's inactive. It is inert.

The countries you're talking about repressed any and all competing ideologies, religion included. It wasn't the absence of religious doctrine that drove those atrocities, but rather the ideology that tried to eradicate it.

It's lazy thinking to just say "religion", as if we don't know what religion we're talking about. These aren't problems with Mormons or Amish, or Jews. This is 3rd world Muslim shit.

But it just feels so hipster to use the word religion and get a bunch of likes from the wonder bread posters.

"How many people actually want to do that here?" Give me a like man, it's like I'm so hip!

As a believer in God, It’s unfathomable to punish and forbid disbelief in God. That is something between God and the disbelievers, not something other people should punish or regulate.
this is a political move disguised as a religious one; giving the state more power to pursue innocent civilians

these people in charge are
the furthest things from holy

It's sad to see what has happened to Egypt.

This is the president of Egypt and his followers laughing about the silly demands of the muslim brotherhood 60 years ago. That's not a long time ago.

It's sad to see what has happened to Egypt.

This is the president of Egypt and his followers laughing about the silly demands of the muslim brotherhood 60 years ago. That's not a long time ago.

was just about to post this

I remember a good friend of mine that got detained at the Cairo airport and held for two days. The reason was that his girlfriend had skirt on with her legs showing, and it was offensive to their culture. My buddy told me that she was wearing a longer skirt, well past the knee and had tights underneath. It still got them in shit. Took the Canadian consulate two days to bail them out of detention.

Lost my interest to visit after hearing that shit.

Atheist are a smug form....I don't believe in religion...my vagina hurts....

Back