Electronic door lock

UKBBC

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am searching for a new front door lock solution. I live in a Singapore, so the crime rate is pretty Low.

Features I am interested in:
Mechanical Lock as backup
Biometric scanner
Digital keypad with scramble function
RFID
Remote unlock

Not sure if there is one single solution with all of the above. I think I have seen some with Apple TV connection to allow iPhone to manage access.

Has anyone installed such a solution?

I installed Adel 4920 for my front door and Adel 3398 for my bedroom. Both are biometric. 3398 is a little more basic, 4920 is gorgeous to look at and has RF id card function. Neither has remote unlock though.

To be honest both are very reliable, been using them for more than a year now.Fun to use cause i like gadgets but also very practical.

Would recommend. 4920 has all your requirements except remote unlock. 3398 doesn't have rf id or remote unlock.

Yeah that sounds good

I installed Adel 4920 for my front door and Adel 3398 for my bedroom. Both are biometric. 3398 is a little more basic, 4920 is gorgeous to look at and has RF id card function. Neither has remote unlock though.

To be honest both are very reliable, been using them for more than a year now.Fun to use cause i like gadgets but also very practical.

Would recommend. 4920 has all your requirements except remote unlock. 3398 doesn't have rf id or remote unlock.
You have a biometric lock for your bedroom? Better safe than sorry I suppose.

if you live in singapoor, and the crime rate is low, why the fuck do you need any security at all?

why do you need something like this?

I think it was easy123 who picks locks for a hobby. Maybe he can offer good suggestions.

if you live in singapoor, and the crime rate is low, why the fuck do you need any security at all?

I have just purchased an apartment and am having renovations done. Need to change the front door before I move in.

Low crime rate =/= no crime rate. My Mother and helper periodically forget their keys, so nice to provide remote unlock when I am far away.

For biometrics and RFID - laziness so I do not have to fumble for keys.

Thanks for the input, will look into those suggestions

my door lock looks sort of like this:

Sure it looks silly for some in my small apartment building, but i feel like im getting into my secret spy base or something, also forget the key - put the code in and its open

Arrow-Revolution-Lever-Lock-Reed-Brothers-Security.jpg.jpg

Sure it looks silly for some in my small apartment building, but i feel like im getting into my secret spy base or something

I don't have a coded door lock, but I know that feel from when I flash my card to get into Costco

I want a front door with a key code but they all take batteries. I know me, and I know I won't remember to change the batteries, so after 6 months it'll turn into a normal lock and I will have wasted my money.

I think it was easy123 who picks locks for a hobby. Maybe he can offer good suggestions.

I do, but I just work with mechanical locks - not really into hacking electronic stuff.

Adel and Ardwolf are two of the better brands with the stuff OP is looking for, I've heard. If it does have a regular key and pin-tumbler system, I'd recommend checking to see if there's some sort of double verification because if bumping the lock is all it takes to get in, all that electronic stuff is worthless.

EDIT: Looked into one of the popular Ardwolf models and it uses a simple Schlage keyway, likely no better than what you find at Home Depot. So yeah, check for a double verification method.

Last edited:
I dont understand the need for all this wireless and electronic everything. Is it so hard to use a fucking key? Locks are only there to keep good people honest.

"Hi guys, I live in a place with no crime...

How do I put security systems on everything I own...?

I dont understand the need for all this wireless and electronic everything. Is it so hard to use a fucking key? Locks are only there to keep good people honest.
Low hassle revocable temporary access? People are free to choose their own preferences.

I want a front door with a key code but they all take batteries. I know me, and I know I won't remember to change the batteries, so after 6 months it'll turn into a normal lock and I will have wasted my money.

There's a low battery alarm for these locks, my Adel4920 starts beeping when the battery is low. Even in that state it will last a month before the battery dies completely.

I travel up to 30% of the time. When my mother or helper forget their key, I need a backup solution. Not cutting my business trip to fly back just to unlock a door.

As mentioned, low crime or no crime is only as good until a shitty neighbour moves in. We also see more Air BnB going on, so there may be some less than salubrious visitors skulking around.

Back