6. Mark Hunt
7. Yoel Romero
8. Gegard Mousasi
9. Rory MacDonald
10. Joe Benavidez/ John Dodson

Mousasi... won everything else.

Rumble Johnson

Gus has lost to Rumble, Jones & DC - I don't see why you have him at #2

Chael, came dangerously close to winning two titles in two divisions.

I like Cerrone, but he was never elite.

Replace Cerrone with Jacare? He won the strikeforce belt, was couldn't even get a shot at the MW belt.

Not sure I dig Hunt's inclusion on this list. I love Hunto, but its a stretch.

Not sure I dig Hunt's inclusion on this list. I love Hunto, but its a stretch.

Have to agree. The mans got incredible heart, but talent wise hes lacking some other fighters.

Mousasi, Faber, and Maia are obvious.

A low-key name is Kenny Florian who fought twice for belts.

Jacare never fighting for a belt is a shame. Thank Bisping, GSP, Hendo and the UFC for that one.

Rumble was definitely the best LHW outside of DC and Jones. And I still think Rumble could have been a nightmare for Jones in the first round.

Kind of stretching the word elite here. By definition you have to win the belt to be elite.

Not counting CM punk, you have to be a 1% er in the first place. You kind of need that 8 pounds of gold to be elite.

Jacare (not counting strikeforce). Decision loss to Gastelum was a big coinflip and most people had him beating Yoel. You could argue that Whitaker was his only legit loss in recent times. He dominates everyone else, and he's never even had the chance to fight for a belt.

giphy.gif

Babalu was on a killing spree after Chuck kicked his head off. Then Chuck flat lined him again.

I also thought Cro Cop, Ryo Chonan and Kaz Nakumura would do better work in the UFC. Gilbert Yvel as well.

Patrick Cote had a nice little run.

Last edited:
Back