Eliza Dushku got paid $9.5 million by CBS for allegedly getting "inappropriate comments"

on set...

It tells you what is really pushing this #MeToo movement in the entertainment industry and it's not sexual harassment. It's money. Simple extortion. Only about half the absurd sum paid to extortionist liar Gretchen Carlson for her unproven allegations after they no longer wanted to employ her, but she got paid more than she would have after years of working on the show simply by accusing another actor of making suggestive comments.

And mind you, Eliza Dushku is the actress famous for having an on set affair with married "male feminist" Joss Whedon after he gave her a role on Buffy over many other actresses. One can imagine what she did to get that job and others. Perhaps her reputation precedes her and it's hard for other actors not to comment on it? She also accused two other people of sexual harassment during recent years, quite coincidentally after she's really started losing her looks and not getting any good roles.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/business/media/cbs-bull-weatherly-dushku-sexual-harassment.html
I 100% believe dushku was harassed. Have you seen her?
<{jackyeah}>

People need to realise you can't do that shit anymore. Crack inappropriate jokes at work or make lewd comments.

Should sued and won, end of story.

Read the article. He didn't sexually harass her. He cracked jokes on set about what the writers have them doing.
Curse you for making me give the New York Times clicks (the editorial section has turned into a soapbox for white nationalism and misogyny)but I have now read the article.
Bull acted in an unprofessional manner. In a professional environment you treat coworkers with respect be they male or female. I see nothing wrong here.

People need to realise you can't do that shit anymore. Crack inappropriate jokes at work or make lewd comments.

Should sued and won, end of story.

incorrect.

she never sued. she went to mediation, where CBS's own chief compliance officer destroyed their cause, by showing footage capturing the harassment on tape.

so not only no court case where one argument prevailed to a jury, there weren't two opposing sides. both she and CBS agreed on what happened, and she was compensated for the wrongdoing accordingly.

now, its end of story.

Yep. I'm not a fan of extortionists.
it was her money. her contract. she asked to be paid out so she didn't have to hear jokes about rape vans and threesomes. the guy ADMITTED that he said all of it.

please, please, go out today and get a job. get off the couch. LOL

I hope that TS does not sue us for sexual harassment. Cuz he got fucking gang banged in this thread.

lol at anything being "Confidential" these days....

Wonder how this get leaked out? Also $9.5 Million for what again?

Man... how do I get one of these professional victim positions? Really....

investigation reports are not necessarily confidential.

from the article you didn't bother to read:

When Ms. Dushku signed on with “Bull” at $35,000 per episode — a figure that would have increased significantly, if she had continued on the show

my advice would first become a lot less of dullard.

any other ignorant deflections you'd like to try?

You are right. People at places I've worked, male and female regularly made extremely crude statements. And some guys did sexually harass some of the women. But even they didn't get outraged because no one took it too far. Certainly different than joking around on set.

All Weatherly did was crack jokes about some weird situations they put their two characters in. That anyone with any sense of humor at all would get, not become "offended and humiliated."
I’ve worked in one place where crude jokes were made, and it’s not a problem, i’m not easily offended. But the response to someone saying to me ‘hey, would you mind not making those jokes, they make me uncomfortable and you set the tone for the workplace - people follow your lead” would be to apologise and try and consider her feelings and tone down/stop the remarks,not try and get her fired.

I’ve worked in one place where crude jokes were made, and it’s not a problem, i’m not easily offended. But the response to someone saying to me ‘hey, would you mind not making those jokes, they make me uncomfortable and you set the tone for the workplace - people follow your lead” would be to apologise and try and consider her feelings and tone down/stop the remarks,not try and get her fired.

It's almost as if that be the professional and basically decent thing to do....

Again. She was not fired. That's speculation. She was hired as recurring character and wasn't made a regular. Honestly, if what she says is true for argument sake, it's understandable why Weatherly and others in the cast and crew would not want to work with a hypersensitive MeToo activist looking for some reason to get upset and sue people. Nothing in that article should be offensive to anyone. People joking around on set is too much these days.

People get kicked off shows all the time for things they write on social media for example. Oh, we don't want to work with someone with these views. Honestly, she sounds like a joyless person no one would want to work with.

Again. She was not fired. That's speculation. She was hired as recurring character and wasn't made a regular. Honestly, if what she says is true for argument sake, it's understandable why Weatherly and others in the cast and crew would not want to work with a hypersensitive MeToo activist looking for some reason to get upset and sue people.

So going to someone make what you consider inappropriate jokes and asking them to not do so is being a hypersensitive MeToo activist looking to sue people?

Wouldn't she just have sued instead of going to Weatherly first?

And again, independent council retained by the study found the studios handling of this and others grossly deficient. Not that you'd care since you can't somehow see any correlation between this incident and them doing a 180 on her, a 180 that had no prior documentation.

Damn i didn't know whedon got to bang prime Dushku

{<redford}

noice

In other words, he was joking around what the writers had their characters doing. Since she was his love interest. He wasn't sexually harassing her, he was being funny. And in this day and age, you can't do that apparently.

What kind of work do you do? I don’t think I’ve ever had a job where joking with female coworkers about dildos and lube and rape vans would be considered ok. Not when I was a 16 year old miscreant working the drive through at Taco Bell, not when I spent a summer fixing heavy equipment in Alaska or even in the Marines.

What kind of work do you do? I don’t think I’ve ever had a job where joking with female coworkers about dildos and lube and rape vans would be considered ok. Not when I was a 16 year old miscreant working the drive through at Taco Bell, not when I spent a summer fixing heavy equipment in Alaska or even in the Marines.

Look at the context in which he told the jokes mentioned in the article. Unless you are hypersensitive and humorless or simply a greedy opportunist anyone could laugh at making fun of a creepy van or their characters have a threesome. It sounds like she wouldn't have sued if they decided to bring back her character for the next season, which means she's exaggerating how offended and uncomfortable on set she felt. Money grab.

Look at the context in which he told the jokes mentioned in the article. Unless you are hypersensitive and humorless or simply a greedy opportunist anyone could laugh at making fun of a creepy van or their characters have a threesome. It sounds like she wouldn't have sued if they decided to bring back her character for the next season, which means she's exaggerating how offended and uncomfortable on set she felt. Money grab.

So if you’re gathering shopping carts at the Walmart parking lot (or whatever the fuck you do) with a female coworker and you see a creepy windowless van, it’s cool for you to say “hey, let me show you the inside of my rape van, it’s got all kinds of dildos and lube inside.”?

Now, imagine that while you’re not technically her cart-wrangling supervisor you have age and seniority over her and significant pull with management.

So if you’re gathering shopping carts at the Walmart parking lot (or whatever the fuck you do) with a female coworker and you see a creepy windowless van, it’s cool for you to say “hey, let me show you the inside of my rape van, it’s got all kinds of dildos and lube inside.”?

Now, imagine that while you’re not technically her cart-wrangling supervisor you have age and seniority over her and significant pull with management.

I'm not imaging fantasy situations to justify extortion. Actors on a TV set were joking around. That's all this is. She's getting older and losing her looks and not getting the parts she did before, so she took advantage of CBS's troubles and this MeToo bullshit to get money she didn't earn.

Last edited:
Back