Elizabeth Swaney Average American Skier Who Competed in Olympics

Lol the Winter Olympics suck.

Therefore this crazy chick cannot make a mockery of it because it’s already a joke.

A women's event at the Winter Olympics...enough said. Good for her.

Lol the Winter Olympics suck.

Therefore this crazy chick cannot make a mockery of it because it’s already a joke.

Seriously. There is a sport with guys sweeping brooms in front of a sliding tea kettle.

Seriously. There is a sport with guys sweeping brooms in front of a sliding tea kettle.

To be fair. The summer olympics have a sport where people get gold medals for walking fast.

To be fair. The summer olympics have a sport where people get gold medals for walking fast.
To be fair, walking fast is more exciting than that stoner's bizarre idea for a sport.

How about this woman.
Has the record for the most Winter Olympic medals.
The best woman cross country skier in the world.
Is a awesome mom that wants more kids.
Isn't a feminist because she knows who she is and doesn't believe she's either oppressed by men or that society is keeping her from pursuing her goals.

Marit Bjoergen fit

Read what she had to do in order to do that. She worked several jobs at a time and sacrificed the rest of her life to travel get to those places.

Harvard, ran for governor at 19. Definitely coming from money, but I don't blame her for that. Elite level troll job, I can respect that also.

To be fair, walking fast is more exciting than that stoner's bizarre idea for a sport.

Is it? I can't think of anything more boring than competitive walking. But to each their own.

Finding loopholes to get ahead is a sign of intelligence IMO

Not as big of set as Eddie the Eagle -- ski jump is a hell of an event to try just to go to the Olympics

Reminds me of Venezuela dominating cross country skiing.

The sad thing..

Those bastards walk a mile in around 6-7min..

Takes most of us like 10-15min to run..

SAD.

The sad thing..

Those bastards walk a mile in around 6-7min..

Takes most of us like 10-15min to run..

SAD.

I agree. But why the fuck is "walking" an olympic sport? It's literally a slower version of something that is an actual sport.

I agree. But why the fuck is "walking" an olympic sport? It's literally a slower version of something that is an actual sport.

Slow motion event we cannot even medal in...

Sad.

So I personally find her story inspiring. She is the 33 year old American who competed for Hungary in half pipe skiing. She managed to get into the Olympic because she traveled around the world finding weak comps so she could place in them and got to the Olympics

I am a little biased because I have been training and competing in jiu jitsu for a very long time. And while I am very good at jiu jitsu. I am never going to be a top level guy. However, if there was some way to game the system say by competing at a bunch of local tournaments in order to get to ADCC I'd do it even knowing I would get smashed.

I think there is something very American about going for your dreams but

well I applaud this girl for going for going for her dreams her entire life. What say you? Fan, don't care or do you think she made a mockery of the Olympics.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetor...r-managed-to-scheme-her-way-into-the-olympics
The olympics died when greed allowed pro athletes into the mix. Fucking disgrace.

on a sidenote, i randomly have in my possession an official 1984 Olympic torch. The marines got to run a mile of it, and chose my Dad as the rep back then and he has since given to me

considering i'll never get close to being an Olympian, and i'm not grimy enough as this chick to pull something else off, i'll take it haha

pic of said torch being ran
27624978_10160053295300531_1759025047729196207_o.jpg

Back