Elizabeth Swaney Average American Skier Who Competed in Olympics

So much outrage at a pretend sport from a pretend olympics.

The Winter Olympics highlight the incredible sport of skiing, especially downhill racing. For many people there is no other sport that is as dynamic as downhill. The speed, focus and precision required produces a unique adrenaline rush that makes it difficult to duplicate and highly addictive.
No one just shows up and competes like some other sports, it takes a life time of training with a high level of coaching.

Austria is in a arms race with the rest of the world for speed, it's their national sport. Notice all their athletes use Atomic skis, made in Austria. Also they have the worlds most dangerous downhill in their backyard.

Fastest humans on the planet.

Isn't this like the ultimate example of participation trophy mentality? I thought you righties hated that shit...

"I finished dead last. But I was THERE."
Not really, she set up her goal despite knowing that she might not have the abilities to compete at the highest level but she traveled the world and fought her way into a team that would make her dream come true.

That takes dedication and far more endurance than reviving the woman of the year award for putting on some make up and boobs!

What a total loser!

She traveled all over the world pursuing a goal to be in the Olympics and achieved it through pure determination, what a complete dork!

Think of all the time she could of been on sherdog complaining about Black Panther reviews instead....

This sport is a giant game and that includes the process by which one gets to the Olympics. If other competitors were not as proficient at maneuvering the larger game then they are by definition not as skilled of competitors as she is.

How is she not a true Olympian? Did she cheat? Did she take PEDs? No she just worked really hard within the context of the rules over the course of several years in a novel manner.
I don't hate or begrudge her but she's not an Olympian in the sense of "faster, higher, stronger"

meh... not the first time it has happened.

we have an engineer in our company who join Tibet (or some smallish weird country) to do the cross country shooting event in 2014 or 2010. Never would have guessed he was an Olympian. He came in dead last but it must have been a really cool experience for him.

She also ran for governor of CA vs Ahnold. Kind of cute in a malnurished, meth and/or subconscious about her looks, bulemic kind of way.
Not a fan of her looks but would impregnate just so I can say, I banged an Olympian....

Here's a real half pipe freestyle skier though....
and way cuter...

Last edited:
The Winter Olympics highlight the incredible sport of skiing, especially downhill racing. For many people there is no other sport that is as dynamic as downhill. The speed, focus and precision required produces a unique adrenaline rush that makes it difficult to duplicate and highly addictive.
No one just shows up and competes like some other sports, it takes a life time of training with a high level of coaching.

Austria is in a arms race with the rest of the world for speed, it's their national sport. Notice all their athletes use Atomic skis, made in Austria. Also they have the worlds most dangerous downhill in their backyard.

Fastest humans on the planet.

Take this from someone that sucks at skiing but downhill skiing really different than anything else. It feels very out of control and you are being rattled and thrown over bumps and having to deal with slick ice. The sound is something I think you don't really forget. You literally hear the sound of you cutting ice and snow, the whole way down.

gotta appreciate the hustle.. she played within the rules and got to become an olympian...

Still an Olympian whether famous or infamous.
You know damn well every Olympian ('cept her) would do their best to be in the podium....Have you seen the video of her half pipe?
At the end of the day...she got what she aimed for...and if she's ready to take the heat...
Wee-Bey-Shrug.gif

Maybe she just really wanted to visit the olympic village...

You know damn well every Olympian ('cept her) would do their best to be in the podium....Have you seen the video of her half pipe?
At the end of the day...she got what she aimed for...and if she's ready to take the heat...
Wee-Bey-Shrug.gif
Hey...

There's girl skiers out there that launch like this dude does now... amazes me she even made the team.

The people I know who are super into pipe/park skiing are PISSED about her even being allowed on the team given the talent that is out there in the States.

Eddy the Eagle was mentioned, but how legit was the Jamaican bobsled team? (I never watched Cool Runnings).

Anyway, don't hate the player, hate the... yadda yadda yadda.

Back