Elizabeth Warren wants to rob shareholders, reward plebs.

I'm not going to write on all of it. Some of it makes sense, some of it makes sense but I don't think the government should interfere. Some of it I don't agree with at all.

But the 75% of shareholders and 75% of board members for political action is probably the one I can most easily support. I think that's consistent with current jurisprudence. The corporation's independent political spending are protected speech and the shareholders, as the people who own the corporation, should have some say in the political speech being assigned to them.

This is the post you were responding to

Your response was games and youtube. You didn't even think about the increase in productivity that smartphones enable.

Lemonade stands are rough businesses

Them Lemonade stands allowed me to retire at 42 and bet Boxing/MMA for a living. Before you shoot off at the mouth I frequently post bet slips in the Betting forum. Some as high as 20-40k a fight

Oh, and I still have a cheap old phone because I don’t believe in wasting money on shit I really don’t need.

That's my point though. Nothing is a luxury for that long. There are things as absurdly luxury as smart phones that considered needs now. Life gets better

This is not true at all... I think your understanding of luxury is kind of messed up

Luxury items are things that have cheaper alternitives... but are higher priced, more scare, and considered superior than their alternatives. Think Luxury cars, luxury watches, fancy restauraunts, designer cloths, fine wine, resort hotels etc. These things have always been luxurios and will continue to be so, regardless of baseline standard of living.

They are pretty much the opposite the things you consider Luxurious such as McDonalds... which is low priced, common, and inferior to almost all of its alternatives.

Last edited:
I was in the military, a cashier, a middle manager, an account, then owned 3 different businesses

I only actually needed a smart phone for 2 businesses I owned. And I probably could have still got by without one

But you had a land line, and internet access.

If anything that is wasteful over having a smart phone.

Risk vs. reward though. If you're dumb, uneducated, lazy, and don't take calculated risks, you deserve shit. I'm guessing the 90% are stupid with bad attitudes.

If your co-worker was lazy and stupid with rotten attitude, would you advocate him/her being paid the same as you?

Here's an idea: the workers can buy stock in their company, accumulate enough voting shares to demand a board seat. So it turns out they can get board representation right now.
Thats sounds super realistic.

LMAO @ Mcdonalds being a luxury.

Whats next? Shopping at Walmart is a luxury as well?

<Lmaoo>

A cell phone and smart phone are not the same

You guys really are out of touch

Pretty much every phone is a smart phone these days, so yeah you're right, you are out of touch.

That's my point though. Nothing is a luxury for that long. There are things as absurdly luxury as smart phones that considered needs now. Life gets better

The cheapest phones you can buy at wal-mart ($20, sometimes less) are smartphones. So i wouldn't say that they are "absurdly luxury". Any phone with android is a smart phone. You dipshits do realize that right?

My objection is less pie. People simply won't invest if they could be doing just as well as an employee who took none of the risk.

You know that upper management usually get x amount of stock in a company every quarter or annually right? So where does your logic apply to that? People will invest in whatever they feel will be profitable. This would not change a thing.

Last edited:
The cheapest phones you can buy at wal-mart ($20, sometimes less) are smartphones. So i wouldn't say that they are "absurdly luxury". Any phone with android is a smart phone. You dipshits do realize that right?
That was my point. You think having youtube in your pocket is just something cheap and easy that you're entitled to when it was unthinkable for anyone just 20 years ago. Hell, i had a flip phone until like 6 years ago.

As an investor I agree with this . In principle. I don't like groups like 3G that just slash jobs and increase margins for no reason besides the bottom line.
But in practice, a law like this will have massive unintended consequences. Just like how they made the exec pay law, and it made exec pay get more outrageous. Basically having the opposite of its intended affect

Back