Elon Musk’s 150mph LA 'Loop' tunnel system to open in December FREE rides the next day

Say what you want about the man, he is a man of vision.

Elon bless!

This may be blasphemy, but I wonder what happens when a car / rail breaks down in the middle of point A and point B and if they have a strategy to rescue people stranded underground.
He still has a submarine that needs to be put to good use. And why you putting that in spoilers?

Elon bless!

This may be blasphemy, but I wonder what happens when a car / rail breaks down in the middle of point A and point B and if they have a strategy to rescue people stranded underground.

only one man can solve that problem

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e88e0491c970d-pi

My advice: don't be in it during an earthquake.

My advice: don't be in it during an earthquake.

He told Joe that it is made to withstand an earthquake, apparently it works like a building and sways like a snake.

He told Joe that it is made to withstand an earthquake, apparently it works like a building and sways like a snake.
Earthquake resistance is a matter of degrees. If it can withstand a 6.0 quake, can it withstand a 7.0? An 8.0? There is a limit.

We need 3 of these in Houston. Its the melting pot of the worst drivers in the world. Fuck the city engineers in Houston btw.

Judging by the first two videos, that's gonna be a hard no.

I don't see anything saying what the total length of this is. A 2 mile long section is mentioned but no total length. Other articles say it runs for two miles. Is anyone familiar with the route to know how far it would be? Is it over 10 miles total? You drive your car onto a skate that is supposed to go up to 150 mph. How do they fasten your car down to prevent it flying around during acceleration and braking? If it's only two miles long that's some hard acceleration and braking to get to 150 and back to a stop in 2 miles.

I got a chuckle out of the tweets.

December 10th in real time or Elon time?
OK for 10 dec, but in what year?

This is less than 2 months away and he has no video of a car loading or unloading. I like elon but he is way too ambitious. The line to even load on to the tunnel will make it inefficient. Also all the plumbing, fiber etc that will need to be rerouted for his tunnel will make this project way more expensive than he thinks it will.

I don't see anything saying what the total length of this is. A 2 mile long section is mentioned but no total length. Other articles say it runs for two miles. Is anyone familiar with the route to know how far it would be? Is it over 10 miles total? You drive your car onto a skate that is supposed to go up to 150 mph. How do they fasten your car down to prevent it flying around during acceleration and braking? If it's only two miles long that's some hard acceleration and braking to get to 150 and back to a stop in 2 miles.

I got a chuckle out of the tweets.

December 10th in real time or Elon time?
OK for 10 dec, but in what year?
Its a test track he is doing on his space x property in hawthorne ca. It is a very short distance. I dont think he has figured out the loading/unloading procedure yet which is why we have no video of it.

Anyone here going to go to the opening or hitch a FREE ride the next day? it opens on December 10, 2018 and the article says FREE rides the next day to the public

I wonder if they make you sign a waiver before trying this prototype tunnel?

Judging from an early video I think ill pass shit looks scary

The Boring Company's website says the tunnel runs from SpaceX's car park east of Crenshaw Boulevard and south of 120th Street, then turns west under 120th Street, and remains underground along 120th Street for 2 miles.

An opening event will take place on the night of December 10 with free rides for the public the next day, Musk tweeted.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-150mph-apos-loop-093353953.html

After watching that first video...
giphy.gif

Lol at people who willing to go on traveling fair rides but are blasting Elon and his tunnel.

Back