Em Legend 32 Thread: Yodsanklai & Yodwicha

J

Julius_Caesar

No one really makes threads for this promotion but some good fighters on this card so I thought why not. Its this Saturday.

Yodwicha has been looking unstoppable recently and only started competing in kickboxing with little issues. He really needs more exposure:

Yodsanklai of course always exciting to watch and will be facing Yuan Bin:

And also Rungrawee who I haven't seen much of in kickboxing but so far he looks good at 170:

This card looks like it will be a fun one to watch :). I have only seen Giannis Boukis fight Raymond Daniels. Anyone have more info on him? I found a few fights of his against a lot of names I don't know and he didn't look bad, but since I don't know them, I am not aware of how good they are (they at least pass the eye test for me). I enjoy watching fights with a little bit more context behind who the fighters are, so if any of you can help, I'd appreciate it! Really excited to see how Yodwicha performs in their match.

Here are a few of Boukis' fights:

This card looks like it will be a fun one to watch :). I have only seen Giannis Boukis fight Raymond Daniels. Anyone have more info on him? I found a few fights of his against a lot of names I don't know and he didn't look bad, but since I don't know them, I am not aware of how good they are (they at least pass the eye test for me). I enjoy watching fights with a little bit more context behind who the fighters are, so if any of you can help, I'd appreciate it! Really excited to see how Yodwicha performs in their match.
Don't really know much about him. Only that he's only had a couple losses. Under muaythai rules I would be calling it a mismatch but under kb rules it could be an interesting fight.

yod was sparring,looked tired and out of rythm af

hahahah extra round

Crazy seeing Yodwicha's hands now versus what he looked like when he was dominating with his clinch in the stadiums years ago.

Crazy seeing Yodwicha's hands now versus what he looked like when he was dominating with his clinch in the stadiums years ago.

The best kickboxing and boxing prospects from muay thai will often be those with coordinated and non-punch reliant methods, even if they're muay thai style doesn't appear successful for kickboxing or boxing. A fighter with such body control will have the prerequisites to learn the mechanics of other movements that aren't important to their muay thai success.

It wasn't my intention, but this video pretty well shows this:

Last edited:
The best kickboxers from a muay thai background are those with a strong left kick. I think improving their boxing might hurt them sometimes because they start using less kicks, giving up their best weapon and evening the field. But i guess it's necessary in order to not get robbed
The best kickboxing and boxing prospects from muay thai will often be those with coordinated and non-punch reliant methods, even if they're muay thai style doesn't appear successful for kickboxing or boxing. A fighter with such body control will have the prerequisites to learn the mechanics of other movements that aren't important to their muay thai success.

It wasn't my intention, but this video pretty well shows this:

But i guess it's necessary in order to not get robbed
Or just respecting the way things are typically judged. If you go into Muay Thai just using your hands don't get upset when you lose the decision. It goes both ways.

Or just respecting the way things are typically judged. If you go into Muay Thai just using your hands don't get upset when you lose the decision. It goes both ways.
I don't want to go into this discussion again but according to Glory scoring criteria Sittichai should have won 50-45 against RvR in their first fight. When he used his hands more he wasn't as dominant.

I don't want to go into this discussion again but according to Glory scoring criteria Sittichai should have won 50-45 against RvR in their first fight. When he used his hands more he wasn't as dominant.
When Buakaw used his hands more he carved through the 2006 MAX :p

Until he lost to Masato?
He was winning the fight against Masato with his kicks until he got dropped (flash knockdown), then resorted to his hands trying to drop Masato to get that point back, but didn't get it. He didn't start the fight throwing hands trying to appease the judges...

And that fight was in 2007 a year later from my point.

Back