Eminem v Slim Shady

FightGuyOpenMind

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Which version of Marshall Mathers is supreme? Feel free to list songs from either of his personalities as justification for your choice.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

reminds me of

"No one can silence me but me"

"That arranged can be"

reminds me of

"No one can silence me but me"

"That arranged can be"

Lol

Slim Shady is Em's alter ego. It is the side of him that says the violent, and offensive things that shock the world and get him protested against.

The interesting thing about these two Em, and Shady, is that they have distinctive sounds. I feel like the older generation who were around to listen to 2000s hip hop will know exactly what I'm talking about. The younger generation may not have been exposed the same way. There have even been people I've met who said they like one or the other.

"I like Slim Shady but I don't like Eminem" or I've heard people who say they like Em because of his inspirational songs which is not a trait of Shady. Shady is dark, and very controversial.

The side of Mathers that got him fame is arguably Slim Shady. That is the personality that made him a sensation initially. The character we tend to think of today is Eminem.

My favorite 'Eminem' tracks:
1. Lose Yourself
2. Stan
3. Deja Vu
4. Rock Bottom
5. Groundhog Day

My favorite Slim Shady' tracks:
1. Kill You
2. Role Model
3. Guilty Conscious
4. Stay Wide Awake
5. Still Don't Give a F***

I'll put my pick out there…..Slim Shady. I'll take "Kill You" over "Not Afraid".

This might be my favorite 'Slim Shady' track of all time. This is how you start an album. The chorus was so simple and catchy and the lyrics were just bonkers. I dare any popular artist to try and make a track like this in our 'PC society'

"Blood, guts, guns, cuts, knives, lives, wives, nuns, sluts!"

This might be my favorite 'Slim Shady' track of all time. This is how you start an album. The chorus was so simple and catchy and the lyrics were just bonkers. I dare any popular artist to try and make a track like this in our 'PC society'

"Blood, guts, guns, cuts, knives, lives, wives, nuns, sluts!"

This was my first introduction to his music. My friend was a big Em or "Shady" fan lol, and had his album on his cd player, playing it on a middle school field trip. I never heard his stuff, and when I put the headphones in I was instantly amazed. I kept rewinding the track.

"Put your hands down bitch, I'm not going to shoot you, I'm going to pull you to this bullet and put it through you."

I was like this is so dark, but amazing at the same time. lol

I like Em and Shady. People may think it's the same thing, but it's not. They're both amazing rappers.

Shady is more "My Name Is" Em is more "When I'm Gone" etc. Mathers is a brilliant artist. I'm clearly a fan. lol

This was my first introduction to his music. My friend was a big Em or "Shady" fan lol, and had his album on his cd player, playing it on a middle school field trip. I never heard his stuff, and when I put the headphones in I was instantly amazed. I kept rewinding the track.

"Put your hands down bitch, I'm not going to shoot you, I'm going to pull you to this bullet and put it through you."

I was like this is so dark, but amazing at the same time. lol

I like Em and Shady. People may think it's the same thing, but it's not. They're both amazing rappers.

Shady is more "My Name Is" Em is more "When I'm Gone" etc. Mathers is a brilliant artist. I'm clearly a fan. lol

Easy there, Stanley...

Back