Emmett's Team On If He'll Appeal Tonight's Loss: "Absolutely"

If Weidman didn’t win his appeal, no way in hell Emmitt wins his.

Has there ever been a fighter who successfully appealed a loss?

There definitely has, the one that immediately came to mind was Robbie Peralta's rear naked choke victory over Mackens Semerzier being turned into a no contest because a clash of heads dropped Semerzier and led to the fight-ending submission. Semerzier appealed the loss and was successful in getting the result overturned. Another one that I remember is Charles Oliveira's rear naked choke victory over Nik Lentz being overturned since he landed a knee to Lentz's head while he was grounded which immediately led to the choke. It never hurts to appeal a loss, but there's only a few instances where it actually ends up changing the result and I don't think this is going to be one of them.

It's not going to get over turned. How often does a decision ever get over turned?

There has never been a verdict overturned due to an appeal afaik. I don't see this being the first.

Do you mean in Florida? I know that there was an overturn in Missouri...

Jessamyn Duke successfully appeals KO loss to Miriam Nakamoto at Invicta FC 5
http://mmajunkie.com/2013/05/jessam...ls-ko-loss-to-miriam-nakamoto-at-invicta-fc-5

from the article:

The Missouri Office of Athletics today overturned Jessamyn Duke‘s loss at Invicta FC 5, changing the result of her bout against Miriam Nakamoto to a no contest.

Nakamoto originally was ruled the winner by way of knockout, but after an investigation, the commission ruled an illegal knee warranted the overturning of the official result, according to a copy of the decision obtained today by MMAjunkie.com(www.mmajunkie.com).

Elbows were to the side of the head, knee didn''t touch him. Emmet's just being a sore loser.

First elbow was to the side, and last two were definitely to the back of the head. This is clear man. The knee grazed him, which means it made contact, which is illegal.

The fight could have been stopped before that knee was even thrown.

Few guys I believe when they say they want to "kill" their opponent, but Stephens is one of them. I doubt he'd care if it actually happened.

He's a hell of a tough fighter but it's hard for me to get behind him because he seems like such an unlikeable guy. He threw some illegal shots so I can see the win getting changed to a NC. Nobody likes dealing w these technicalities, especially in a fight like this that was close to being stopped anyway. But rules are rules.

No Contest coming up

Has there ever been a fighter who successfully appealed a loss?

Dober vs Leandro Silva. Not sure it's exactly the same process tho.

Silva lied to the foolish referee and said that Dober was out or tapped I don't remember and the ref believed him. And to everyone's surprise, the Brazilians made the loss a NC. Silva should have been cut.

To me this is just sour grapes from Emmett. Elbows were nothing unusual in a fight and the knee didn't land. Although they need these new rules to be adopted or there is no point in them. What's it been, 2 years now?

Everyone talks about the knee not connecting but fail to mention the 2 elbows that were to the back of the head.
One of which had a lot of power behind it and could have rocked someone on its own, he deserves a no contest and a rematch.

Everyone talks about the knee not connecting but fail to mention the 2 elbows that were to the back of the head.
One of which had a lot of power behind it and could have rocked someone on its own, he deserves a no contest and a rematch.

Nonsense. Blows land to the back of the head all the time. And they weren't blatant, maybe one was to the back of the head and even that looked on the ear. If that's the case, then at least one a fight a card should be a NC.

If you got hit with an illegal blow that basically stopped the fight, on the main event on biggest fight in career, you would appeal too.
For real! It was the third illegal elbow that flash KO'd him and changed everything. Emmett seemed less hurt than Stephens when he was dropped actually. The point of burying your head in your opponents chest is that they can not punch you in the head, this giving you time to recover.......but if you hit the back of the head, and the ref does not call it, you are helpless.

Worse yet about all this is Emmett has 3 fractures in his orbital. I don't think Josh Emmett has any fans, so this aint a nut hugging thing, but that was the most bogus ending to a fight I have seen in ages..... worse than Gunnar's eye raking at the hands of Ponzi even.

Nonsense. Blows land to the back of the head all the time. And they weren't blatant, maybe one was to the back of the head and even that looked on the ear. If that's the case, then at least one a fight a card should be a NC.

{<huh}
Illegal blows happen all the time so it's ok ?
Lol, no.
One of them was clearly to the very back of his head (not ear)and it was a very powerful shot. That shot alone could mess someone up.
Emmet could have panic wrestled and recovered possibly. He's tough and can wrestle very well. Without that Illegal elbows and knee the outcome could very well have been different
That doesnt happen all the time and needs to be dealt with.

{<huh}
Illegal blows happen all the time so it's ok ?
Lol, no.
One of them was clearly to the very back of his head (not ear)and it was a very powerful shot. That shot alone could mess someone up.
Emmet could have panic wrestled and recovered possibly. He's tough and can wrestle very well. Without that Illegal elbows and knee the outcome could very well have been different
That doesnt happen all the time and needs to be dealt with.

Are you saying that fighters don't take strikes to the back of the head all the time? Usually they get a warning if that. If this was turned to a NC, then countless more fighters should be.

And knee didn't even land. One of his hands was up when it was thrown. I just don't see the controversy.

Back