Emotional Jim Lampley reflects on his career with HBO boxing after last HBO broadcast

I don’t feel sorry for HBO one bit. Good riddance. Lederman can keep his bogus scorecards and call himself on his cell phone and say “Ok Harold... I got”

im gonna miss Hbo so msny classic moments , needs to be a blue ray collection of all the ppvs ands bads

HBO put on legendary fights over the decades but this should have happened years ago. HBO was holding boxing back.

Love Jim and Larry, grew up watching them call fights. They provided a level of a class that was absent from other networks. They were clearly very passionate about what they do.

I was sick of Lampley ever since Chavez - Taylor I, it was a shitty call of a fight in which it sounded like he wanted to go down on Meldrick and lick him clean. I have even heard Lampley talk about his call of that fight and that he admitted that he was so focused on Taylor's performance that he didn't notice that he was getting beaten to a pulp (broken cheek bone and lost two pints of blood) in the process. I was at the fight and only knew of his bad call of the fight when I watched my vhs recording of it.

He committed the cardinal sin of any play by play/blow by blow announcer HE WAS ROOTING FOR one of the contestants

Back