Encompassing Athleticism and Fighting

Some video from the training yesterday. I compiled the second video because it was basicly 40 minutes of working on stuff and talking about concepts.

Shadowboxing:

Working on drills. Slips, rolls, blocks, cross hook, hop steps while slipping and countering:

Last edited:
Did some training yesterday, playing around with a few things. Mostly focused on explosive kicking/kneeing and bouncy feet. Managed to record some of it, but half of it was not recorded because the phone stopped. Did a little strength stuff too.

Warmup:
Jump rope, mobility stuff, breathing

Drills:
Skips, lateral shuffles, lateral skiers, CMJ jumps normal and in split stance, a few other jumps and triple extension drills, clapping pushups, shadowboxing

Some bagwork mainly kicking and some speed work for hands

Squat:
- bar
- 10x40kg
- 8x60kg
- 6x80kg
- 6x90kg
- 5x100kg
- 3x110kg

Felt fine, haven't squatted anything heavier in a while

Chinups, lateral rows, judo pushups and handstands.

Vid with some warmup, then drills, then a little bagwork:

Warmup:
- Bike 10 min
- Jump Rope 10 min
- Mobility/activation

Squat:
- bar x2
- 10x40kg
- 10x60kg
- 6x80kg
- 5x100kg
- 3x110kg
- 3x120kg
- 2x130kg

OHP:
- bar x2
- 10x30kg
- 5x40kg
- 5x50kg
- 5x50kg
- 5x50kg

Split Squats with dumbbells
- BW
- 8x15kg bells
- 8x17,5kg bells
- 8x20kg bells
- 5x25kg bells

Glute Ham Raise:
- 8xBW
- 8xBW
- 6xBW

Circuit of unilateral rows with 25kg bells, pushups, chinups and leg raises x2

Jump rope and shadowboxing for 15-20 min.

Handstands to end it with

Last edited:
Man glad you are back. Following you.
That last workout seems pretty amazing and long.

Man glad you are back. Following you.
That last workout seems pretty amazing and long.
Thanks man. I've been training a little bit, but mostly light-moderate weight and boxing training, just haven't logged much.

Yeah I wanted to push it yesterday because it's been a while. Felt really good and I had a good nights sleep so that's a plus.

13/09

Bike ride 30 min
Yoga and movement drills

Today:

Warmup:
Rope, footwork bouce and shadowboxing 30 min

Paused Romanian Deadlifts:
- bar
- 10x40kg
- 10x60kg
- 8x80kg
- 6x80kg
- 6x80kg

Bendover Rows:
- bar
- 8x40kg
- 6x60kg
- 6x60kg
- 5x80kg
- 5x80kg

Core Circuit/Movement series with Judo Pushups/Downward dog, Plank Rows, Deadbugs, Crunches, Bridging, Fire Hydrant, Bird Dogs

Stretching and breathing

BTW, I have made a webpage where I will be putting up articles that I've already written or will write. I will be covering a lot of topics from S&C for sports/combat sports to psychophysiology, neurology and physical therapy.

I will put the link up when it's a bit more presentable. Work in progress that will probably take a very long time to fill out.

Only had short time to train today, so I went in and did some jump profiling. I'm reading and writing a lot lately, also working with clients, while preparing presentations both at my old school and center for brain health in the capital. Some cool stuff going on.

Warmup:
- Shadowboxing
- Dynamic warmup
- Footwork

Squat Jump:
- BW x2

- 20kg x2

- 40kg x2

- 60kg x2

- 80kg x2

I am recording the jumps and creating my force-velocity profile with it. I need a proper phone though because the FPS is too low and it keeps bugging out. I need to redo it a few times to get the accurate results, but my jumps are not as bad as I thought. Will be interesting to see what happens with some dedicated explosive training.

Last edited:
Nice. What work with clients you do?

Nice. What work with clients you do?
Im doing part time at a training facility. Paying a small sum to be there and then it's my own responsibility to get my clients. Cool thing is I completely control what I do and with who I do it with. It's mainly injury rehab, but some GPP and sports performance too. I don't have enough clients to earn enough money to live off of it, so I'm looking for a full time job as a physio somewhere too. Just don't want to invest in something right now because I have presentations coming up and I like the freedom. I do need the money however...

Warmup:
- Shadowboxing
- Footwork drills
- Power drills
- Working on a few specific movements and attacks

Squat:
- bar
- 10x40kg
- 8x60kg
- 8x80kg
- 8x80kg
- 8x80kg

OHP:
- bar
- 10x30kg
- 8x40kg
- 5x50kg
- 5x50kg
- 5x50kg

Core work with plank rows, pushups, and more

Been a bit under the weather so just did some maintanence today.

Warmup:
- Bike 10 min
- BW stuff

Squat:
- bar
- bar
- 10x40kg
- 10x60kg
- 5x80kg
- 5x80kg
- 5x80kg

Bendover Rows:
- bar
- bar
- 8x40kg
- 8x60kg
- 8x60kg
- 8x60kg

Glute Ham Raises:
- 8xBW
- 8xBW
- 8xBW

Chinups, judo pushups, lunges, single leg stuff and stretching.

Still have some flu or something. No energy.

Warmup:
- Shadowboxing
- Few drills

Squat:
- bar
- 10x40kg
- 8x60kg
- 6x80kg
- 6x80kg
- 5x100kg

OHP:
- bar
- 10x30kg
- 8x40kg
- 5x50kg
- 5x50kg
- 5x50kg

Bendover rows:
- bar
- 10x30kg
- 8x40kg
- 10x50kg
- 8x50kg
- 8x50kg

Core work, judo pushups, iso chinups, stretching.

Warmup:
- Bike 10 min
- Movement/stability/mobility

Shadow boxing, power drills, footwork drills, skipping drills for about 20-30 min

Squat:
- bar
- 10x40kg
- 8x60kg
- 6x80kg
- 3x 5x90kg

Felt light

OHP:
- bar
- 10x40kg
- 2x 8x40kg

Hang Power Clean:
- Playing around with it and practicing with the bar

Jumps:
- 5xCMJ with and without armswing
- 4xBox jump
- 2xSingle leg box jump

HSR for calfs:
Standing - 3x 10x60kg bilateral
Sitting - 2x 10x40kg unilateral

I'm gonna work up here over time. I could use a smith machine though because the balance aspect makes it harder with the barbell. My achilles have been bothering me for a long time. It's not that bad though so while I should probably remove any bouncing I think I can manage it. Also, my calfs needs to be stronger either way.

Misc stuff for joints (external rotation, trap 3 work), glute bridges, GHR and some good
stretching for about 15-20 minutes with breathing that felt REALLY good and relaxing.

Last edited:
Warmup:
- Bike 10 min
- Stretching/mobility/pre-activation
- Jump rope 10 min

Shadowboxing and footwork drills for 20-30 min
A and B skips, lateral A skips

Sport Specific Power:
- "Modified shotput" drill with small medicine ball 2x5 each side
- Medball slams 2x8
- Rainbow slams 2x5 each side
- Drilling hip rotation

Heavy Bagwork:
- Power hooks and power crosses mixed in with throwaway shots for about 15-20 min total with frequent breaks.

Squat:
- bar
- 10x40kg
- 8x60kg
- 6x80kg
- 2x 5x90kg

OHP:
- bar
- 8x40kg
- 3x 6x40kg

Bendover Rows:
- bar
- 3x 10x40kg

Hang Power Clean:
- bar
- 2x 5x40kg

Ended with some shadowboxing again and then stretching and relaxing for about 15-20 min.

Long ass and explosive session. I'm toast. I tried a few different variations of med ball experiments to see what's possible and how it transfers to which punch. Medball slams and rainbow slams made my hooks pop a lot, but not my cross at all. Different mechanics. Hang power clean and the "shotput" drill seems to help with the crosses more. Makes sense in the way that hooks are more pulled down and back, into the ground, where as with the cross there's greater triple/hip extension with more linear force transfer. Still, it's not quite the same. There are many more things to try, as in split stance hang power cleans, landmine punches, band assisted work and other stuff regards to transferability of power. In regards to pure speed there's some interesting supramaximal work that can be done with bands both in lower and upper body, and there's some bench throws too. Lots of cool stuff to try and implement.

Last edited:
Warmup:
- Bike 15
- Dynamic/stability/core routine

Squat:
- bar
- 10x40kg
- 8x60kg
- 5x80kg
- 5x100kg
- 2x 3x110kg

OHP:
- bar
- 10x30kg
- 8x40kg
- 5x50kg
- 2x 3x55kg

Bendover Rows:
- 4x 8x55kg

HSR for calfs:
- 3x 10x55kg

Glute Ham Raise:
- 3x 6xBW

Misc: Band work, glute bridges, landmine punch and stretching for 15 min.

I don’t recall if I ever thanked you for posting the Keith Baar lecture a few months back, but the information there were really useful for me, so thanks again.

If you want to connect on social media, my name on fb and ig is Petros Syrak.

Really fun session today!

Warmup:
- Mobility/stability/dynamic routine
- Light shadowboxing
- Skipping variations

Boxing:
- 3 rounds on the double end bag
- Some footwork and movement first, then power work on the bag, for about 20 min.

Squat:
- bar
- 8x40kg
- 5x60kg
- 5x80kg
- 3x 5x90kg

Circuit:
- Backwards lunges 8x40kg each leg
- OHP 6x40kg
- Bendover Row 10x40kg
- Skipping 3 min
- Speedbag 1 min
x3

2-3 minute round of shadowboxing and sprawling.

Misc: A little trap 3 and rotator cuff work with bands.

Ended with stretching and relaxing for about 15 mins.

Double End Bag:

Footwork into bagwork:

Heavybag:

Shadowboxing and Sprawling:

I don’t recall if I ever thanked you for posting the Keith Baar lecture a few months back, but the information there were really useful for me, so thanks again.

If you want to connect on social media, my name on fb and ig is Petros Syrak.
Hey man! You're welcome. Keith Baar does some really interesting stuff, and it's right up the orthopedics ally.

I think we might be connected already from a few years back. I'm pretty sure I have you on fb at least, my name is Thomas Christensen. When did you start with performance 22 lab btw, and what is it? An athlete and rehabilitation center? It looks pretty cool. I'm still trying to really dig into that athletics/therapy world, although it's hard to choose which path. Have a finger in a few pies but not found a home just yet. Finished as a physio this summer so it's coming along, step by step.

Back