England-Deadly crossbows sold on High Street without need for a licence or background checks

No I meant I don't give a shit about a monkey behind a keyboard.

7a2624c6762fa4775852ef6f1d5af1fb.gif
I think that is a baboon, not a monkey. Any primate experts in here?

Rich and powerful people with a messed up religion. What a hard concept to grasp!

you like many others, live under this silly notion that "the rich" are some monolithic group. not only that, youve seemed to imply that the rich globally, are on the same page here lol. in the US, and likely in most other parts of the world, the wealthiest section of the populace is BY FAR the most volatile. people gaining fortunes and losing them very quickly. in other words, there is no "they." theyre competitors of one another in many cases, especially globally.

as countries develop, their own citizens begin to want fewer weapons among their neighbors. you'll claim that this is due to some media brainwashing campaign, but that too, is silly. as a country develops, fewer people use guns. there is less of a need. as a result, many come to fear them. especially when you begin to see schools and malls being shot up. its a grassroots thing. there is no need for shadowy figures and brainwashing campaigns to see why this happens. its way simpler than that.

also.....even IF shadowy elites sought to disarm the global population (lol), they would realize how F'ing futile of a goal that would be. its laughably silly. impossible. spend your james bond villain efforts on some other dastardly task, because that one is a lost cause.

I think that is a baboon, not a monkey. Any primate experts in here?
well Im no groundhog expert..... or primate expert, but surely someone can help us out with our dilemma

you like many others, live under this silly notion that "the rich" are some monolithic group. not only that, youve seemed to imply that the rich globally, are on the same page here lol. in the US, and likely in most other parts of the world, the wealthiest section of the populace is BY FAR the most volatile. people gaining fortunes and losing them very quickly. theyre competitors of one another in many cases, especially globally.

as countries develop, their own citizens begin toGeneral Discussion want fewer weapons among their neighbors. you'll claim that this is due to some media brainwashing campaign, but that too, is silly. as a country develops, fewer people use guns. there is less of a need. as a result, many come to fear them. especially when you begin to see schools and malls being shot up. its a grassroots thing. there is no need for shadowy figures and brainwashing campaigns to see why this happens. its way simpler than that.

also.....even IF shadowy elites sought to disarm the global population (lol), they would realize how F'ing futile of a goal that would be. its laughably silly. impossible. spend your james bond villain efforts on some other dastardly task, because that one is a lost cause.

You could have saved time and simply just said you're in denial. You've been in denial for years Ringo.

LOL you think just because you're brown that's the reason why I'm calling you a monkey!?

dims

Your screen name has monkey in it.

<Prem973>

yeah I know you're a Miller fan but still.
giphy.gif

you like many others, live under this silly notion that "the rich" are some monolithic group. not only that, youve seemed to imply that the rich globally, are on the same page here lol. in the US, and likely in most other parts of the world, the wealthiest section of the populace is BY FAR the most volatile. people gaining fortunes and losing them very quickly. in other words, there is no "they." theyre competitors of one another in many cases, especially globally.

as countries develop, their own citizens begin to want fewer weapons among their neighbors. you'll claim that this is due to some media brainwashing campaign, but that too, is silly. as a country develops, fewer people use guns. there is less of a need. as a result, many come to fear them. especially when you begin to see schools and malls being shot up. its a grassroots thing. there is no need for shadowy figures and brainwashing campaigns to see why this happens. its way simpler than that.

While I don’t believe there’s some shadowy cabal of wealthy people trying to disarm Americans, your explanation also leaves something to be desired. At the absolute peak of American economic and global standing in the 80s and 90s, the country also experienced it’s highest ever homicide rates. There were very few calls for the disarming of law abiding citizens, however. Now there’s more support for firearm legislation, despite the homicide rate being at the lowest point in nearly a century, and the country experiencing a rebounding economy, but with quite a bit of uncertainty. I think whether a citizenry wants to be armed or not depends entirely on how much they feel threatened. If crime is actually high, or there’s an external threat like the Cold War, then people feel like they need to be armed. If, on the other hand, crime is comparatively low, and there’s little threat of invasion, than people see less of a need. Just my thoughts.

While I don’t believe there’s some shadowy cabal of wealthy people trying to disarm Americans, your explanation also leaves something to be desired. At the absolute peak of American economic and global standing in the 80s and 90s, the country also experienced it’s highest ever homicide rates. There were very few calls for the disarming of law abiding citizens, however. Now there’s more support for firearm legislation, despite the homicide rate being at the lowest point in nearly a century, and the country experiencing a rebounding economy, but with quite a bit of uncertainty. I think whether a citizenry wants to be armed or not depends entirely on how much they feel threatened. If crime is actually high, or there’s an external threat like the Cold War, then people feel like they need to be armed. If, on the other hand, crime is comparatively low, and there’s little threat of invasion, than people see less of a need. Just my thoughts.

maybe so.

globally though, as countries develop, calls for gun controls, like most other regulations, seem to increase among the population. people stop wanting lead dumped into their drinking water. they want people to stop at stop lights. they see less of a need for their neighbors to be armed.

Thats totally a baboon

baboon-640x415.jpg

this kind look cooler though

I visited East Africa a few years back and the lady I was staying with was terrified of baboons and told me she saw a troop of baboons beat a lion to death when she was young. I'm sorta skeptical about the story, but she was so afraid of baboons that it was contagious. I've always felt nervous around them (at the zoo) ever since.

I visited East Africa a few years back and the lady I was staying with was terrified of baboons and told me she saw a troop of baboons beat a lion to death when she was young. I'm sorta skeptical about the story, but she was so afraid of baboons that it was contagious. I've always felt nervous around them (at the zoo) ever since.

Could be true maybe. I have always heard that they are some tough customers. I would not want to run into that blue faced huge fanged beast in the woods at all

Baboons don't mess around.
baboon.jpg

I completely believe a troop of baboons could take out a lion. This is just one right here

I'm on board. If you want to stop murder, why wouldnt you take the tools?

George Silver spoke of this many years ago in England.
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/paradoxes.html
Our forefathers were wise, though our age accounts them foolish, valiant though we repute them cowards. They found out the true defences for their bodies in short weapons by their wisdom, they defended themselves and subdued their enemies, and those weapons with their valor(1). And (Right Honorable) if we have this true defence, we must seek it where is is, in short swords, short staves, the half pike, partisans, glaives, or such like weapons of perfect lengths, not in long swords, long rapiers, nor frog pricking poniards: for if there is no certain grounds for defence, why do they teach it? If there be, why have they not found it? Not because it is not so. To say so, were to gainsay the truth. But because it is not certain in those weapons which they teach. To prove this, I have set forth these my Paradoxes, different I confess from the main current of our outlandish teachers, but agreeing I am well assured to the truth, and tending as I hope to the honor of our English nation. The reason which moved me to adventure so great a task, is the desire I have to bring the truth to light, which has a long time lain hidden in the cave of contempt, while we like degenerate sons, have forsaken our forefathers virtues with their weapons, and have lusted like men sick of a strange ague, after the strange vices and devices of Italian, French, and Spanish fencers, little remembering, that these apish toys could not free Rome from Brennius's sack, not France from the King Henry the Fifth his conquest. To this desire to find out truth the daughter of time, begotten of Bellona, I was also moved, that by it I might remove the great loss of our English gallants, which we daily suffer by these imperfect fights, wherein none undertake the combat, be his cause never so good, his cunning never so much, his strength and agility never so great, but his virtue was tied to fortune Happy man, happy dolt, kill or be killed is the dreadful issue of the devilish imperfect fight. If the man were now alive, which beat the masters for the scholars fault, because he had no better instructed him, these Italian fencers could not escape his censure, who teach us offense, not defence, and to fight, as Diogenes' scholars were taught to dance, to bring their lives to an end by Art. Was Ajax a coward because he fought with a seven folded buckler, or are we mad to go naked into the field to try our fortunes, not our virtues. Was Achilles a runaway, who wore that well tempered armor, or are we desperate, who care for nothing but to fight, and learn like the the pygmies, with bodkins, or weapons of like defence? Is it valorous for a man to go naked against his enemy? Why then did the Lacedemonians punish him as desperate, whom they rewarded for his valor with a laurel crown? But that which is most shameful, they teach men to butcher one another here at home in peace, wherewith they cannot hurt their enemies abroad in war(2). For, you honor well knows, that when the battle is joined, there is no room for them to draw their bird-spits, and when they have them, what can they do with them? Can they pierce his corslet with the point? Can they unlace his helmet, unbuckle his armor, hew asunder their pikes with a Stocata, a Reversa, a Dritta, a Stramason or other such tempestuous terms? No, these toys are fit for children, not for men, for straggling boys of the camp, to murder poultry, not for men of honor to try the battle with their foes. Thus I have (Right Honorable) for the trial of the truth, between the short sword and the long rapier, for the saving of the lives of our English gallants, who are sent to certain death by their uncertain fights, & for abandoning of that mischievous and imperfect weapon, which serves to kill our friends in peace, but cannot much hurt our foes in war, have I at this time given forth these Paradoxes to the view of the world. And because I know such strange opinions had need of stout defence, I humbly crave your Honorable protection, as one in whom the true nobility of our victorious ancestors has taken up residence. It will suit to the rest of your Honors most noble complements, to maintain the defence of their weapons whose virtues you profess. It agrees with your Honorable disposition, to receive with favor what is presented with love. It sorts well with your Lordship's high authority, to weigh with reason, what is fit for marshal men. It is an unusual point of your Honor, which wins your Lordship love in your country, to defend the truth in whomsoever, and it adds a supply to that which your Lordship have of late begun to your unspeakable honor and inestimable benefit, to reduce the wearing of swords with hilts over the hands(3), to the Roman discipline, no longer then they might draw them under their arms, or over their shoulders. In all or any of these respects, I rest assured that your Lordship will vouchsafe to receive with favor and maintain with honor these Paradoxes of mine, which if they be shrouded under so safe a shield, I will not doubt but to maintain with reason among the wise, and prove it by practice upon the ignorant, that there is no certain defence in the rapier, and that there is great advantage in the short sword against the long rapier, or all manner of rapiers in general, of what length soever. And that the short staff has the advantage against the long staff of twelve, fourteen, sixteen or eighteen feet long, or of what length soever. And against two men with their swords and daggers, or two rapiers, poniards & gauntlets, or each of them a case of rapiers, which whether I can perform or not, I submit for trial to your Honors martial censure, being at all times ready to make it good, in what manner, and against what man soever it shall stand upon your Lordship's good liking to appoint. And so I humbly commend this book to your Lordship's wisdom to peruse, and your Honor to the Highest to protect in all health and happiness now and ever Your Honors in all duty,

George Silver

Back