English day of servitude.

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
These fuckin people throwin praise on a monarchy. Archaic concept that should be abolished. Enjoy your German Queen.

Detail on why your panties are waded up.

Meh. Let them have their rituals.

These fuckin people throwin praise on a monarchy. Archaic concept that should be abolished. Enjoy your German Queen.

Why so full of hate and bitterness?
It seems you do care a lot more than the ordinary person, but don't be such a fuckin git about it.

It seems you do care a lot more than the ordinary person, but don't be such a fuckin git about it.

Why do you protect inherited privilege and people who put themselves above you?

The French know how to treat kings. It isn't the way the Brits do.

celebrating monarchy. Two words.

They basicly just do charity work and have no legal power.

They bring in all kinds of tourist money.

Still don't see why you have your panties in a wad.

Pretty small potatoes compared to places where the monarchy still has vast political power like Saudi Arabia or Bahrain.

Hell, people here in Hawaii still always want to return to a kingdom and separate from the US. At least in the UK they seem to have that shit under control.

They basicly just do charity work and have no legal power.

They bring in all kinds of tourist money.

Still don't see why you have your panties in a wad.

I hear this myth reported a lot:

The Queen and Prince Charles are using their little-known power of veto over new laws more than was previously thought, according to Whitehall documents.

At least 39 bills have been subject to Royal approval, with the senior royals using their power to consent or block new laws in areas such as higher education, paternity pay and child maintenance.

Internal Whitehall papers prepared by Cabinet Office lawyers show that on one occasion the Queen vetoed the Military Actions Against Iraq Bill in 1999, which aimed to transfer the power to authorise military strikes against Iraq from the monarch to parliament.

She was also asked to consent to the Civil Partnership Act in 2004.

In the Whitehall document, which was released following a court order, the Parliamentary Counsel warns that if consent is not given by the royals "a major plank of the bill must be removed".

Legal scholar John Kirkhope, who fought to access the papers following a freedom of information case, said the document revealed senior royals have "real influence and real power".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...over-new-laws-Whitehall-documents-reveal.html

Pretty small potatoes compared to places where the monarchy still has vast political power like Saudi Arabia or Bahrain.

Hell, people here in Hawaii still always want to return to a kingdom and separate from the US. At least in the UK they seem to have that shit under control.

Doesn't matter. It is an archaic institution that should not be celebrated.

I hear this myth reported a lot:

The Queen and Prince Charles are using their little-known power of veto over new laws more than was previously thought, according to Whitehall documents.

At least 39 bills have been subject to Royal approval, with the senior royals using their power to consent or block new laws in areas such as higher education, paternity pay and child maintenance.

Internal Whitehall papers prepared by Cabinet Office lawyers show that on one occasion the Queen vetoed the Military Actions Against Iraq Bill in 1999, which aimed to transfer the power to authorise military strikes against Iraq from the monarch to parliament.

She was also asked to consent to the Civil Partnership Act in 2004.

In the Whitehall document, which was released following a court order, the Parliamentary Counsel warns that if consent is not given by the royals "a major plank of the bill must be removed".

Legal scholar John Kirkhope, who fought to access the papers following a freedom of information case, said the document revealed senior royals have "real influence and real power".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...over-new-laws-Whitehall-documents-reveal.html

Didn't know they could do that.

That should be changed now.

Canada's day of servitude as well. Queen is their head of state. A foreign resident is a head of State and on your currency. lol. Even more embarrassing for Canada than Britain.

How do you feel about the British police not having enough resources to prevent terror attacks or follow up on child abuse/rape incidents while putting on a massive extravagant wedding for "royalty"?

Doesn't matter. It is an archaic institution that should not be celebrated.

I agree. I have no love for monarchies.

But I guess I just look at a royal wedding as no different from any other celebrity wedding like Brad Pitt marrying Angelina Jolie. It’s not a blip on my radar, it’s for romance novel housewives to ooh and aah over.

Why do you protect inherited privilege and people who put themselves above you?

You have quite a skewed perception of how things are.
They have no power or influence in the country's affairs and are disconnected from normal people.
There are other monarchies in Western European democracies as well and they're the same. If you're under the impression that the ordinary people in these countries carrying a large burden to "serve" these people at their own expense, then you're mistaken. Their presence is barely felt or noticed unless they're mentioned in the media.

You have quite a skewed perception of how things are.
They have no power or influence in the country's affairs and are disconnected from normal people.
There are other monarchies in Western European democracies as well and they're the same. If you're under the impression that the ordinary people in these countries carrying a large burden to "serve" these people at their own expense, then you're mistaken. Their presence is barely felt or noticed unless they're mentioned in the media.

I posted an article that shows otherwise. There are direct mechanisms that give them political power, and even if there wasn't, which there is, they still have enormous influence. Don't be fuckin foolish.

lol at their presence barely felt. It is idol worship in its most distilled form. It is undignified.

The Royal family has influence and power in 21st century Britain. FACT. Scroll up to the article I posted.

Back