Enter the wu tang 36 chambers

I have always liked Dre's instrumentals. But none of the members of NWA were good lyricists, imo. I prefer east coast 90's hip hop for the most part. ( I'm from and still live on the west). But the first Chronic album is obviously a classic. As well as the first Snoop a loop album.

But I prefer that ol boom bap style myself.

Ice Cube wasn't a good lyricist?

LOL

Absolute Classic!

Bring da Ruckus, C.R.E.A.M, Da Mystery of Chessboxin' and every other song on 36 Chambers are great.

I still bump that shit till this day.

Tangwiches son

1385099533615.jpg

But srsly - I thought the two people who listened to it back in high school were crazy but maybe ten years later I understood the draw to the album. It’s definitely withstood the test of time

And, my theme song:

Rza is obviously talented as a producer, but never cared for him as a lyricist or in terms of his delivery. The best guys from wu tang were Raekwon, Ghost Face, and Gza.

Raekwon and Ghostface particularly complement each other well.

First time I have ever heard that in my whole life. Teach each their own

That whole genre of gangsta rap is rather pedestrian. I started with dull shit like that but it was just a gateway drug to the more avant garde.

But that was what seems like three lifetimes ago.

Saw them with RATM in 1997...
Good times

I bomb atomically,
Socrates philosophies and hypothesis,
Can’t define how I be droppin’ these mockeries.
Lyrically perform armed robbery........

One of my favorite openings to a song ever.

Im not a big rap fan but do enjoy that albums. More just for a few tracks though. Shame on a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: 4 eva

What makes that album so amazing is that is so underproduced and extremely minimal in its instrumentation.

The lyrics and the MCing carry it through the whole way.

You don't need drugs to enjoy music, but I remember listening to 36 chambers while high on E back in the early 2000s. It was weird because that shit makes you hear music from a different perspective, so listening to it like that was a unique experience and one I never forget.

Back