***Eric "Zebrinha" Spicely SHERDOG Q&A #2***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Eric! Do you have any favorite fighters as a fan from the Pride FC era? And if so, who?

What is your mentality and/or mindset before entering the octagon?
I loved Cro Cop. When I first started I'd watch his highlights and get hyped.

I get nervous before fights. I threw up before this one and couldn't keep food down. First time that's ever happened. But as soon as I get in there it all goes away and just look dead in his eyes and tell him he's scared. When I fought Sam I was so worried about what he was gonna do and not what I'm capable of. That's the big change in my mindset.

How long have you known Chuck O'Neil for? He was actually my favorite from his season of TUF, haha.

Chuck and I have been best friends for the last 4 years or so. I watched him on TUF and didn't know him but liked he was from MA.

What's your take on PEDs in the sport, Eric? Do you think USADA is having a good effect or not? By the way, loved your comment to mmajunkie that you hold the title for best non-ripped body on the planet at 185 pounds . :D

Bouncing off @helax's question, why do you use Pennywise's "Bro Hymn" as a walkout song? And why did you move on from Whitney Houston?
I always use bro hymn. I decided to change it and lost. Bro Hymn was my pro wrestling coaches entrance music before he got signed to NXT and it just makes me so fired up.

Who do you want to fight next? (Dan Kelly is already fighting Rashad)
I'm not even sure now. I want to fight a guy coming off a win or a bigger name. Antonio Carlos jr would be a great fight.

What's your take on PEDs in the sport, Eric? Do you think USADA is having a good effect or not? By the way, loved your comment to mmajunkie that you hold the title for best non-ripped body on the planet at 185 pounds . :D
Man I used to weight like 265 lbs. I lift weights and train non stop. That's just what my body looks like and I care more about getting better as a fighter then my body or attributes.

Interesting, you think your better than him on the ground I assume?
I don't. He's probably one of the most high level guys in the UFC on paper. Multiple time world champion in bjj and has submitted some amazing guys. I just want to be pushed and show my full range as an mma fighter

Man I used to weight like 265 lbs. I lift weights and train non stop. That's just what my body looks like and I care more about getting better as a fighter then my body or attributes.

Great attitude. One of the best comments I ever saw on here was "I love Fedor because when I stand in front of a mirror in my jockeys in the morning, I don't see old, fat and bald. I see "HW Champion of the WORLD!"

Ever been to the UK and would you like to fight here one day?

What is your favorite MMA promotion to watch besides UFC? (Bellator, ONE, ACB, etc.)

Do you think that you could cut to WW if you wanted to?

What is your favorite MMA promotion to watch besides UFC? (Bellator, ONE, ACB, etc.)
It's tough I don't watch other promotions unless my friends are fighting. Like my buddy Brennan Ward fights for bellator so I usually only watch then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back