Erick Silva got cut from the UFC

And to remember an old Sherdog classic, here comes the words of young prospect Erick Silva's trainer, after the KO loss to Dong Hyun Kim:

- It was a fatality. It was not in the fight, right? You see that Erick started to warm up in the fight, got a knockdown on the guy, and it was the fatality. It was the cat's scare. He (Kim) was pressed and, in a fright, released that wingless pigeon. Unfortunately, he hit the right spot and won the knockout, "he told Combat.com on Thursday.

Wiser words were never spoken.

You forget the most poignant, meaningful quote of this century...

"The Eggplant will salute other pigeons"
-Some Sherbro

Ha, those of us who are in 30s fear the old age so much we’re still projecting our insecurities onto this “young prospect”.

Or maybe I’m inception projecting this to everyone else.

We have to go deeper...

this is sad. dana brings these kids in and then pulls the rug from under the them if they don't win their first couple of fights. i hope he can bounce back from this and enjoy the rest of his youth away from the ufc

He's got time, get a new tattoo, haircut and crush some cans and be called back on short notice. Is normal

Or he could just go dominate in Bellator

CNN just reported that Donald Trump separated Erick Silva away from his family. That heartless bastard.

And to remember an old Sherdog classic, here comes the words of young prospect Erick Silva's trainer, after the KO loss to Dong Hyun Kim:

- It was a fatality. It was not in the fight, right? You see that Erick started to warm up in the fight, got a knockdown on the guy, and it was the fatality. It was the cat's scare. He (Kim) was pressed and, in a fright, released that wingless pigeon. Unfortunately, he hit the right spot and won the knockout, "he told Combat.com on Thursday.

hahah. I remember this. The thread itself was an absolute classic as people tried to decipher the cryptic words. I'm pretty sure Petey created an absolutely hysterical meme in that thread where Anderson explained why Silva lost in terms of the pigeon metaphor.

Damn. He was just getting started.

It may have been too early for him anyway. In this next 10 years, he'll be on his way to the top.

Guy wasn't cutting it so he got cut...

giphy.gif

He should take a few years to work on his wrestling, another few to work on his boxing, then come back when he's in his physical prime in about 6 years.

Say it ain't sol How can they cut him after just a couple of fights? He was on the verge of a title shot!.:(

So young, and many opportunities out in the world for this starry eyed young child.

I expected 3 pages of people calling him a young prospect and was not disappointed.

Now we know whats been holding him back the whole time. New Management E. Silva 2019 UFC Champ.

Back