ESPN will no longer air the national anthem during MNF games

Because not showing pride in something doesn't mean disrespectful. I imagine there's a middle ground between the 2 positions.

It certainly doesn't have to mean that it's disrespectful. In this context, given what the flag symbolizes, what showing pride for the flag typically means, refusing to stand while proclaiming a lack of pride will naturally be seen as disrespectful in an NFL game. Don't really care about semantics, this is obvious.

Opposed on the field of play yet united as one nation under God. That's why we did the National Anthem. Also to remember those who gave their lives so we could play/watch a game and cheer.

It’s a game. Yeah it’s not needed. Might have the anthem playing 24/7 then if that’s the reason. For all those who gave their lives so you could go Walmart.

Fascinating. I though the point about the anthem was that it's disrespectful to those who served.

Yet here you are criticizing the refusal to stand for the anthem by being disrespectful to someone who served.

Fascinating. You posted that even after I posted the mans direct quote on why he did it which has nothing to do with those that serve, but the nation as a whole. Grats!

But how? How is anyone's display of patriotism affecting you or your service? That's like suggesting that anyone with a disagreement on any US policy is a fuck you to the people you care about? How does anyone's opinion about the flag, or a jingle about the US, affect either your actions in the military or your opinion about this nation at all? If they did, by god we'd be chasing their meaning forever. Would our service have been weakened when Trump dodged the draft, or when Clinton did? Would our honor be stained every time some limp-wristed cunt burned the flag, or some donkey-fucking muj chanted for our nation's death? Is our service elevated anytime someone flies the flag on their porch, or a country singer drops a shitty single?

I've never been moved by comments such as "thank your for your service," beyond acknowledging a compliment, because my service, such as it was, would have happened regardless of the approval of any other american. I served because I wanted to. How I care about that service, or the people I served with, are not affected in any way by the words or actions of others.

I believe the value of our service stands on it's own, in the heart of that one man. If it was dependent on the approval of others, then it's value was next to nothing.

maxresdefault.jpg

d_ov_aa_nickut_170328.760;428;7;70;5.jpg

Yemen-Drones3.jpg

Massacre-of-Indian-women-and-children-in-Idaho-Frank-Leslie-illustrated.jpg

3b36072u.tif

Since you want to post emotional bullshit that has nothing to do with the thread...I can do that as well and show a shitload of reasons why a person shouldn't stand for the national anthem.

BTW, I stand up for the national anthem but your bullshit Emo Pic Post, rustled me the wrong way.

Yemen-Drones3.jpg

3b36072u.tif

Since you want to post emotional bullshit that has nothing to do with the thread...I can do that as well and show a shitload of reasons why a person shouldn't stand for the national anthem.

BTW, I stand up for the national anthem but your bullshit Emo Pic Post, rustled me the wrong way.
He's a vet so I understand his stance, I respect it, but I definitely understand where you're coming from. I don't think Kaepernick's kneeling had anything to do with fallen soldiers if not fighting to keep their deaths from being in vain.

He's a vet so I understand his stance, I respect it, but I definitely understand where you're coming from. I don't think Kaepernick's kneeling had anything to do with fallen soldiers if not fighting to keep their deaths from being in vain.
I just don't understand, why he had to post a pic of a casket of a dead American Soldier with somebody crying over it to reply to that guy.

I read what he replied to......None of what the guy said warrant that pic to be posted.

It pissed me off because the only reason he posted that pic, is to make an emotional argument and it makes ZERO sense to post such an argument in response to that guy.

No reason to post those pics...Just like their is no reason for me to post pics of American Atrocities in this thread for an emotional argument....but I did it, just to show him, how ridiculous he looks doing that.

She's weeping due to kneeling at the national anthem? Was the sacrifice of the body in that coffin lessened in any way by the actions of football players? I believe that his service stands on its own. You believe it is entirely dependent on others.

If I'm walking down the street, and someone insults me due to my service, am I less of a Marine by it? If I go further and meet another person who thanks me for it, am I back to neutral again? How do any of those things shape what I did?

Yemen-Drones3.jpg

3b36072u.tif

Unlike your bull shit post mine was about the US flag and why people dont like it disrespected. You have the right to disrespect the flag legaly but that doesnt mean my money is going toward people that do.

i support the 1st and the right to burn the flag but i have the right to do what i can to see my money doesnt support you.

She's weeping due to kneeling at the national anthem? Was the sacrifice of the body in that coffin lessened in any way by the actions of football players? I believe that his service stands on its own. You believe it is entirely dependent on others.

If I'm walking down the street, and someone insults me due to my service, am I less of a Marine by it? If I go further and meet another person who thanks me for it, am I back to neutral again? How do any of those things shape what I did?

Its a fuck you to the person under that flag. They have that legal right and I have the right not to support them with my money. I suport their legal but only in a legal sence. You may not see it as this and thats your right. It doesnt lessen them an ass hole and Im not giving ass holes my money if I can help it.

Unlike your bull shit post mine was about the US flag and why people dont like it disrespected. You have the right to disrespect the flag legaly but that doesnt mean my money is going toward people that do.

i support the 1st and the right to burn the flag but i have the right to do what i can to see my money doesnt support you.

U literally just posted a pic with ZERO explanation....You could've just wrote what you meant....but no, you decided to post an emotional picture with nothing explaining it.

Yes you can get offended over football man taking a knee...It's your choice to be offended and never see football....I think it's stupid but it is your choice.

The football men aren't doing this to insult people who have died for their country...they are doing it to stand up for blacks, some of which are soldiers.

It's embarassing how people get rustled over this and divide the nation over the National Anthem and some football players........First world problems, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:
Who is even watching for the cheerleaders to begin with? With more women watching than ever, it makes sense they would give them some eye candy too.
Correct me if I'm wrong but, women tend to be turned off by *that* kind of eye candy..

It’s a start imo. The anthem doesn’t need to be televised, and I still think it’s an odd tradition to perform prior to sporting events tbh

I mean, I kinda get doing it before huge events like the Super Bowl.. but every time before everything? I dunno

Its a fuck you to the person under that flag.

And again I ask you, why? Are you the arbiter of what is offensive? I couldn't give a shit if Colin Kaepernick thinks I'm the devil himself. I understand that it bothers you, but I'm asking why. Are you just hypersensitive to the opinions of others? Do you believe veterans need public affirmation?

You said you served right? So if I was to say about your unit "boy those guys sure did suck," would you be reevaluating your service? If I applauded your unit as the toughest son's a bitches I'd ever come across, would you be swimming with a pride you had never felt before?

I suppose I find less value in virtue signaling than you do. I care about what people do. Not gestures. Serve in the military? Great. Serve in the Peace Corps? Great. Teach children? Great. Gesture (salute, giving the finger to, etc.) towards the flag? Who cares?

They have that legal right and I have the right not to support them with my money. I suport their legal but only in a legal sence. You may not see it as this and thats your right. It doesnt lessen them an ass hole and Im not giving ass holes my money if I can help it.

I'm fine with anyone boycotting anything that offends them and refusing to spend their dollars there.

Hmmm....I love the part the CEO says this is not a political organization. LMAO...and yet every episode of ESPN first take has a segment about the anthem, black lives matter or why Trump is a white supremacist. I'm not a patriotic man but my God ESPN and the NFL continue to lose so much money just to push a political agenda it's beyond pathetic. Enjoy losing another 600 employees

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...national-anthem-on-monday-night-football.html

“Again, there could be changes. It’s somewhat unpredictable what’s going to happen in the world but as of now our plan now is to not broadcast the anthem. We have communicated that back to the NFL. They have not asked but we proactively just as a courtesy and as good partners let them know what our plans are,” he continued.

“That we’re a political organization because we are not. We are a sports media company. We are always going to cover the intersection between sports and politics,” he said.

/shrug. The national anthem and flag means differently to others. I'm OK with it.

And again I ask you, why? Are you the arbiter of what is offensive? I couldn't give a shit if Colin Kaepernick thinks I'm the devil himself. I understand that it bothers you, but I'm asking why. Are you just hypersensitive to the opinions of others? Do you believe veterans need public affirmation?

You said you served right? So if I was to say about your unit "boy those guys sure did suck," would you be reevaluating your service? If I applauded your unit as the toughest son's a bitches I'd ever come across, would you be swimming with a pride you had never felt before?

I suppose I find less value in virtue signaling than you do. I care about what people do. Not gestures. Serve in the military? Great. Serve in the Peace Corps? Great. Teach children? Great. Gesture (salute, giving the finger to, etc.) towards the flag? Who cares?

I'm fine with anyone boycotting anything that offends them and refusing to spend their dollars there.

Its simple I dont like people insuling people I care about. I respect their legal right to but Im going to have a reaction to it

Back