Etiquette of outing a fraud instructor

kenpeters8

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Recently just found out a so called instructor opening a muay thai school close to my house is a fraud. He claims he fought at Lumpinee and Rajadamnern stadium in Thailand, but obviously never did. Claims he was a bad ass pro boxer himself before he became a pro muay thai fighter in Thailand, but that's also a lie I have evidence to back up the fact that he's a fraud.

What are the etiquette of outing a fraud? I just hate to see people wasting their hard earned money on learning from a fraud.

Go to his gym and see if he still spars. Light him up a bit and people will get the idea

The vast majority of martial arts instructors can't really teach people to fight, but it isn't all about fighting. It really depends what you place the most value on? Fitness, respect and discipline are all attributes that can be learnt from instructors that know very little about actuall fighting.

Recently just found out a so called instructor opening a muay thai school close to my house is a fraud. He claims he fought at Lumpinee and Rajadamnern stadium in Thailand, but obviously never did. Claims he was a bad ass pro boxer himself before he became a pro muay thai fighter in Thailand, but that's also a lie I have evidence to back up the fact that he's a fraud.

What are the etiquette of outing a fraud? I just hate to see people wasting their hard earned money on learning from a fraud.

Just don't train there...... simple

Who is the instructor?

Challenge him to a fight, film it and post it here.

(no, not really)

Ask him basic questions like what's they refer to the roundhouse kick as (in one gym no matter where it hit, we would either call it a leg kick, body kick, or head kick. You get the jitz)

Ask him to show you how to clinch, and show you how to switch knee and switch kick.

Ask him about the teep (everybody should know what the teep is but some people don't) and ask him what it's used for. Correct answer is range finder and to keep distance.

Ask him the different clinch postions. And ask him to show you some of the clinch sweeps.

Ask him him how to throw a bicycle knee.

Ask him everything that someone who hasn't trained muay thai wouldn't know.

Found out that 7 years ago, that fraudster only fought in 1 smoker and did terrible. Then he quit fighting and just wanted to train others and hold pads. This fool NEVER fought even 1 sanctioned amateur bout, ever. Claimed and lied to a lot of people that he fought in Lumpinee and Rajadamnern stadium. He even told a Thai guy about this, but didn't even know that Thai guy was a former Lumpinee and Rajadamnern champion. SMH.

By the way, this fraudster doesn't spar at all. Claim he always have a backache, injuries, blah blah blah. But obviously he doesn't want to be exposed. And he's barely even 29 or 30 yet.

It's amazing how people can be so gullible and believe in frauds' telling lies. Such a shame.

Last edited:
Sadly, its actually not uncommon in this industry

100% agree..........

I have a valid lumpinee stadium champion certificate, old stadium mind you........ They lost the records of my wins when they transferred to the new stadium and a dog ate my belt........it was before the internet and they didn't video the fights...... I have poor eye sight now and bad knees so I don't train or spar......... I am willing to train you for about $100 a session.........you will have to bring a guy to hold pads or I can provide one for you at $50 a session.........

100% agree..........

I have a valid lumpinee stadium champion certificate, old stadium mind you........ They lost the records of my wins when they transferred to the new stadium and a dog ate my belt........it was before the internet and they didn't video the fights...... I have poor eye sight now and bad knees so I don't train or spar......... I am willing to train you for about $100 a session.........you will have to bring a guy to hold pads or I can provide one for you at $50 a session.........
An old coach I discovered had a fraudulent record. He did compete but not at the level he said he did. A huge chunk of members left and I only found out because a very close friend / teammate was one if the first to discover it.

An old coach I discovered had a fraudulent record. He did compete but not at the level he said he did. A huge chunk of members left and I only found out because a very close friend / teammate was one if the first to discover it.

If only more did that.........

The best ones are the established martial arts places that suddenly turn into whatever's the flavour of the month over night and then act like they have been training that new art for years........<45>The give away is when the students are referring to the trainer as Sensei and saying OSU! as they walk past and it's supposed to be a Muay Thai class<45>you don't need to know the technique they are using is not Muay Thai or the fact that no one trains clinch work<Lmaoo>

If only more did that.........
Most people aren't very confrontational in general. Of the group that left 2 were, they were long time members and actually high ranked fighters repping the gym. When they left a huge chunk went with them. If anything that hurt his wallet more than anything.

There were alot of hypocrisy, like saying he's not a fan of the cult mentality with kru, sensei, etc. and saying its good to learn more, but soon as one of us "main members" on the yearly plan cross trains, its because we're impatient and not resourceful.

(paraphrased) "You're wrong, you don't need high level partners, if you're creative you can get the most out of your camp with hobbyists and 6 month rookies"

GTFO with that shit, everyone's improving and we're staying stale, means we're regressing. And with father time on all our tails time's limited.

The best ones are the established martial arts places that suddenly turn into whatever's the flavour of the month over night and then act like they have been training that new art for years........<45>The give away is when the students are referring to the trainer as Sensei and saying OSU! as they walk past and it's supposed to be a Muay Thai class<45>you don't need to know the technique they are using is not Muay Thai or the fact that no one trains clinch work<Lmaoo>
Thats a bit extreme, its really hard to come across those type of gyms, esp. when this industry by nature doesn't generate alot of revenue, and your income is so volatile. You start doing good, every business rival's gonna inspect, and if you set yourself up for a McDojo ruse in modern combat sports, it doesn't end well.

Man I dunno, no clinch work is a hit and miss, there are places that are very kickboxing and less thai, and they barely do any clinching, when you see it at fights its a bit embarrassing. The worse part is they're decent gyms too.

Just don't train there. I understand your frustration, I've seen plenty of gyms that are successful in numbers but the classes/what's being taught is shit. I'd just worry about yourself

On a side note, someone's credentials as a competitor and coaching ability are not the same. I used to train with a very high level Muay Thai fighter that basically ran a cardio kickboxing class. On the other hand I couldn't tell you What mark Henry or Ray longos credentials are but they sure seem to be able to teach

Back