Etiquette Question: Sending Flowers For a Funeral (With a Twist)

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Someone in the family has recently died. My wife suggested we send flowers. Normally I would be on board, except there's one small problem:

The deceased is a single parent and has left behind two kids under 10. A fund has been set up to accept donations. We do plan on donating to this fund, but my wife insists on sending flowers as well. I'm concerned people are going to wonder why we would send flowers instead of just giving the money to her kids.

Thoughts?

When the familiy specifies donations instead of flowers then that’s what you normally do. Flowers are def not needed in this case.

1. Send money.

2. Recite the speech about flowers from A Knight’s Tale to your wife.

Donation with the flower money going into that too.

" Won't somebody think of the children ?"

Hope they do okay.

Let the wife do what the wife thinks is right

Just have to chuckle about the idea of coming onto a cage fighting forum to ask etiquette advice.

Someone in the family has recently died. My wife suggested we send flowers. Normally I would be on board, except there's one small problem:

The deceased is a single parent and has left behind two kids under 10. A fund has been set up to accept donations. We do plan on donating to this fund, but my wife insists on sending flowers as well. I'm concerned people are going to wonder why we would send flowers instead of just giving the money to her kids.

Thoughts?
You're good. Nobody is going to question somebody sending flowers. The fact that your are doing both is a testament to you character and none of anybody's business besides you and the family.

Well done, TS.

Back