Euro JR Championship Finale DRAMA! Ref gets assaulted

2arctanx

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

not sure why the russians are mad, although i do agree with 4 points on the flip. but also had 2 points not given for step out which is very subjective. Never seen a ref get assaulted but Red was the better man in that match.

I think we had a wrestler in my town, that assaulted a ref .

The Russian Nationals start tomorrow, or Friday. So prepare to watch some wrestlers vs refs/other wrestlers. Our nationals aren't the same without any fights lol.

The Russian Nationals start tomorrow, or Friday. So prepare to watch some wrestlers vs refs/other wrestlers. Our nationals aren't the same without any fights lol.
Got a line up?

is there a Russian squad? :p
Just watch Greco Roman nationals and Women's wrestling nationals, you will see more 'traditional' Russian names there :p

They still have our passport, so we can still claim all of the successful guys to be Russian! lol

Just watch Greco Roman nationals and Women's wrestling nationals, you will see more 'traditional' Russian names there :p

They still have our passport, so we can still claim all of the successful guys to be Russian! lol

I don't really watch Greco much, but yea it is interesting how the women's team have some actual Russians, & is more of a mix of ppl from Russia in general, since they can't rely on the Caucasus (because a lot of very traditional societies esp the hardcore Muslim ones) who squeeze everybody out on the men's side.
So far as I see 'Euro-Russians' do Judo, while Freestyle is more of a Caucasus-ian and Siberian thing..

I tried looking through the stats a while back and if I have it right, the last (and only, since 1991?) ethnic Russian male to medal in freestyle was in 1999 (Andrey Shumilin).
In fact, think he might be the only ethnic Russian ever to medal for Russia in freestyle.

I don't really watch Greco much, but yea it is interesting how the women's team have some actual Russians, & is more of a mix of ppl from Russia in general, since they can't rely on the Caucasus (because a lot of very traditional societies esp the hardcore Muslim ones) who squeeze everybody out on the men's side.
So far as I see 'Euro-Russians' do Judo, while Freestyle is more of a Caucasus-ian and Siberian thing..

I tried looking through the stats a while back and if I have it right, the last (and only, since 1991?) ethnic Russian male to medal in freestyle was in 1999 (Andrey Shumilin).
In fact, think he might be the only ethnic Russian ever to medal for Russia in freestyle.
Ossetian are the caucasian region closest to me, because I have some Ossetian blood :p So, I always support them.

I think it is cool to see the medal results, it shows how diverse Russian is. With the Mongolians who speak Turkic languages in Siberia.. Iranic peoples, mixed with Turkic people down beside the Caspian sea and Black sea. Surprisingly, ethnic Belarusians and Ukrainians have more success than ethnic Russians in freestyle and even medal at big events.

Judo seems to be much more ethnic Russian dominated. Although the main medalists at the last olympics were from Ingushetia and Kabardino-Balkaria :p there are many ethnic/non-Mongolic Siberian Russians who compete in Judo. Same with Sambo too and boxing is more of a mix.

Boltukaev at HW is interesting. As is Gazimagomedov at 70 kilos. He won worlds at 70 3 years ago I'm surprised he can still make weight.
I am not sure how active Gazimagomedov has been, but he won silver (lost to teammate, Kurbanaliev) at the Ivan Yarygin memorial this year at 70. He must just walk around close to this weight.

Boltukaev might do good actually, 125 is far from our strongest weight. Makhov would have been interesting to see here, but nope. Boltukaev should medal.

I hope Nachyn Kuular will wrestle here.

Back