Evan Tanner dead (Tributes within)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that's truer, regardless of what is said or written, is that Evan Tanner was a good man. He embodied martial arts' essence of humility and wisdom and his free spirit inspired many to pursue things that they previously disregarded as mere fantasy. And while others like me will selfishly miss him, we can all find some solace in knowing that he's in a better place. Rest in peace, brother; we all love you.

Evan Tanner: 1971-2008

great post. i really like the way you put how he embodied the essence of the martial arts. well said.

I know its late but I wanted to pay my respects. I was always a fan of Evan and loved reading his blog, he was a unique soul. RIP Tanner!!

I almost wish this wasnt here anymore, it just reminds me daily that I wont ever get to see him fight again and there is one less great person on the planet. there are so many assholes and d-bags around we need more people like him

Probably fakes. :icon_neut

Someone posted as "Dana White" and said something real cruel.
Someone else posted as Matt Hughes, I think, and said something rude also.
My God, what kind of lowlife posts flames on a dead man's memorial page?

a little late but i'd still like to pay my respects. i've never met anyone that didn't like Evan. Youll be missed.

Dont know if this has been posted yet but the best tribute ive seen thus far from the UFC on there website right now. Had a couple of fighters thoughts. Definatley worth checking out.

UFC

I'm a little late at posting, but I always enjoyed seeing Tanner fight and he seemed like a genuinely good guy. RIP man.

Evan Tanner "Celebration of Life" Service
September 27th, 2008
2:00 p.m.
Civic Center
401 South Buchanan Street
Amarillo TX

if anyone wishes to send flowers (...don't send flowers, evan would have considered it a waste) or cards, they can be sent to:

Jeff Tanner
504 S Harrison Street
Amarillo TX 79101

The family has also set up a memorial fund with The Amarillo National Bank.

My heart was with everyone at his service today.
Another reason to love Texas.

(Bodhisattva, would you take me by the hand?...)

I lit a candle for Evan today ... since the memorial for the "celebration" of his life was today.

I have to let this go, it's consumed me. Time to stop grieving and make a commitment to carry on his message.

I'm gonna miss you Evan. See you on the other side.

All these weeks later and I still can't believe it...I was shocked when I first read about it. Evan will be sorely missed...RIP Evan...You were one of the greatest, a legend...We love you :icon_cry2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back