Ever driven 400 horsepower on the street?

Grassshoppa

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Curious. How's 400 HP on the street? Too much? Not enough? Just right? Describe.

400 is enough power to make you want way more.

In a car, probably too much. In a heavy truck, not enough.

Its enough to be fun. Lots of fun, especially in a light car. Fuck yeah.

Yes I had a Hemi Challenger for a spell. I had a 20 mile non rush hour highway commute for a minute there and it was my daily driver. Total sleeper too, all white, no badging, and a quiet exhaust system. I'd pull up at a light and people wouldn't even notice the car until I hit the accelerator.

The weight of the vehicle has a lot to do with it and how the power is made.

Details please.

I drive about 600rwhp daily. It's more than enough for the street. Tends to make me do questionable shit from time to time, but at least I'm not on a bike at that moment.

I'll get it up to or over 700 this summer.

The weight of the vehicle has a lot to do with it and how the power is made.

Details please.

Right? I drive over 400hp every time I work, but that’s in a fire engine.

I've had a few built cars. This car below was built LQ9 6.0 with a 150 NANO shot, the car made 550rwhp and was really fast. I'm out of the go fast game for a minute though.....
upload_2018-2-16_19-22-32.png

upload_2018-2-16_19-16-38.png

I had a 2002 Jaguar XKR convertible with 370hp. Lot of fun to drive but the gas mileage was terrible. Took it up to 120 on nice straight surface street.

Curious. How's 400 HP on the street? Too much? Not enough? Just right? Describe.

Very much depends on what you want, what you are driving, style of driving/tires(do you care about handling), etc.

My C6Z has 476hp to the wheels on 91 pump. For about 4k I could add around 100 whp. Only thing with that is I would need some tires like this if I don't want to essentially lose 1st gear.

xl-pxr8r-hero-740x740.jpg

Downside is that they will only last about 5k miles give or take a couple k depending on your driving.

I drive about 600rwhp daily. It's more than enough for the street. Tends to make me do questionable shit from time to time, but at least I'm not on a bike at that moment.

I'll get it up to or over 700 this summer.

What tires are you running

Very much depends on what you want, what you are driving, style of driving/tires(do you care about handling), etc.

My C6Z has 476hp to the wheels on 91 pump. For about 4k I could add around 100 whp. Only thing with that is I would need some tires like this if I don't want to essentially lose 1st gear.

xl-pxr8r-hero-740x740.jpg

Downside is that they will only last about 5k miles give or take a couple k depending on your driving.

lol, I have these exact tires on my turbo Miata track car. absolutely love them. only good for a few track days though

I tuned my car to have around 400 hp. It really depends on the car.

If its a heavy car its not that much. If its a small and light car its a blast. For example 400 hp in a volkswagon golf or a audi ttrs or a lancer evolution would be insane.

Unfortunately my car falls in the heavy category.

I drove a Lav3 (For my american brothers it's a Stryker) in several Quebec cities. Your cars look like toys compared to this green monster

lav-iii-04.jpg

It was too much for that frame tho. The engine could barely fit in its place. It was hell to maintain it

Back