Ever find anything buried?

I'm an avid metal detectorist.

I've found all manner of silver and a couple gold coins over the years. Tons of silver, gold, platinum, and palladium jewelry. Arrowheads, silver shoe buckles, Civil War era munitions, etc.

Favorite discovery?

Depending on how old and whether or not they are intact still, some bottles are very valuable.

Nah just some old vinegar bottles from the 80s I think. Some times I wonder if I dig deep enough I might find WW2 relics as I was told our old family house stands on a land that was used as a barracks by the Japanese.

Just victims.

EDIT: Posted in wrong thread; multiple tabs open.

Your the second person to claim to have buried something in my mother’s elderly bum. Not even original in this short thread....
I found your mom's dick buried in my butt..ooooooooh

Favorite discovery?

I'm a numismatist, so being that I'm big into coins...

Late 1600's Massachusetts pine tree shilling. That has to be my #1 favorite just because it's the oldest coin in my collection.

A 1790's Spanish 8 Reale, it's a huuuuge chunk of old silver and just a great-looking coin.

I found a jar of jelly

Never dug anything up but when I was like 8 me and my friend took a metal lunch box put a note saying we were from the past and put toys and shit in it and buried it in his backyard lol

Each April, the neighborhood I grew up on hosted a "let's clean the woods" weekend where we would do stuff like pick up litter and scale back the ivy.

During this clean-up, we would find really cool stuff like blue bottles (like the old snake-oil salesmen bottles), a soap dish from the mid 1800s, and stuff like that.

Digging always reminds me of this scene from Breaking Bad

Technically "yes". As a kid I went through a stealing phase around 10 years old.One time I stole a couple of coins from my friend's dad and pretended to find them buried in our yard. My dad took them to a coin shop and they were worth around $40 each.

No but I’ve buried many “things” that I hope no one ever digs up

I'm a numismatist, so being that I'm big into coins...

Late 1600's Massachusetts pine tree shilling. That has to be my #1 favorite just because it's the oldest coin in my collection.

A 1790's Spanish 8 Reale, it's a huuuuge chunk of old silver and just a great-looking coin.
That's sounds really interesting. Would you mind posting some pics of your collection?
I may take this hobby up one day.

The most common thing I've dug up has been old glass bottles out of areas where people dumped their trash probably 40-50 years ago. Besides that I've found a few marbles, coins, nails, old car parts, etc. buried in various places. I have a metal detector, but haven't used it in a long time. I have a relative that turned over areas of his land for gardens that has found a lot of really old tools. I took an axe head he gave me and re-handled and sharpened it. It's probably early 1900's or even older. It was in the ground so long you can't make out any name/stamping on it.

I saw 2 dudes bury something on a roundabout from a hotel window. Went down there later and dug up something in a plastic bag. It was just over 6 ounces of average/poor quality hashish. I made like £250 and had a supply of back up smoke for a while.
Six ounces?
Seems like more trouble to bury it than to just stick it in the freezer

I'm an avid metal detectorist.

I've found all manner of silver and a couple gold coins over the years. Tons of silver, gold, platinum, and palladium jewelry. Arrowheads, silver shoe buckles, Civil War era munitions, etc.
You must know what's there to find in the ground the way I know what's to be found in the sky.
By looking endlessly.
More misses than hits but the hits are fun

Six ounces?
Seems like more trouble to bury it than to just stick it in the freezer

That time of night they were probably up on class a's and paranoid or some shit. I only went over there out of curiousity. Realized while digging that I'd have to call the cops if I found heroin or a weapon. Was a good lucky find.

When I was 16, I saw 2 guys pull off the side of the road, and hide something in the bushes. Me and my friend circled around 5 minutes later and started searching the area. Found a piece of cloth 90% burried. Dug it up, and it was a .22 ruger, and a .357 snub nose.

Thought to myself, these could be murder weapons. I was 16 and said fuck it. We took em. Went around shooting for 2 months before we sold them to some other teenagers.

Fuck I was a retard.

Back